Area Capture System

daedroth

Re: Area Capture System

Postby daedroth » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:10 am

Friends? I tolerate them; but hate them all.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:00 pm

I know it's totes offtopic, but Daedroth is right. It's beyond old to continue hearing it. It's not even true. Y'all nuts if you think we outnumber other guilds. Maybe we're just so good that we can overcome overwhelming odds, but that's not really how this game works since it's low skill (besides priesting, entirely different topic).

[07:54] ===Top 3 Currently Active Guilds===
[07:54] Guild Name: Revolution
[07:54] Description: Disillusioned by institutions of unfair exclusions? A proven solution with no substitutions. Join the Revolution! /i RevoInfo
[07:54] Members Online: 15
[07:54] Type '/gapply Revolution' to request to join.
[07:54]
[07:54] Guild Name: Silhouette
[07:54] Description: Recruitment very limited, please inquire with an officer. /i Silhouette for more guild info.
[07:54] Members Online: 9
[07:54] Type '/gapply Silhouette' to request to join.
[07:54] Guild Name: Tormented
[07:54] Description: We are Chaotic-Neutral, protecting our own. Small group of veteran players with our main goal being to help newer players.
[07:54] Members Online: 4
[07:54] Type '/gapply Tormented' to request to join.

That's evening time and 5 of mine are afk. There are 8 revo in a mosh and 4 more in a leveling group.

Morning time looks like this:

[07:10] ===Top 3 Currently Active Guilds===
[07:10] Guild Name: Revolution
[07:10] Description: Disillusioned by institutions of unfair exclusions? A proven solution with no substitutions. Join the Revolution! /i RevoInfo
[07:10] Members Online: 6
[07:10] Type '/gapply Revolution' to request to join.
[07:10]
[07:10] Guild Name: Silhouette
[07:10] Description: Recruitment very limited, please inquire with an officer. /i Silhouette for more guild info.
[07:10] Members Online: 1
[07:10] Type '/gapply Silhouette' to request to join.
[07:10] Guild Name: Tormented
[07:10] Description: We are Chaotic-Neutral, protecting our own. Small group of veteran players with our main goal being to help newer players.
[07:10] Type '/gapply Tormented' to request to join.

The only OaDs we do during the week are Dreads (sometimes), Seta, and Mines. Nothing else. Sometimes on weekends we do more.

I guess we should be whining about how Revo is "killing the game" but we aren't. Competition is good, even when we get rekt by overwhelming numbers. Bring it on, but know that we don't go down easy friends!

BACK ON POINT: We don't need extra special carebear catering for this area system to work. Let people PvP ffs. It's a dang PvP game, we want fighting.

edit: And I need to say this. People have some fucked up conception of what it means to have staff in your guild. Corruption? Favoritism? Please. Let me tell you what it means. It means they are constantly NOT ABLE TO HELP because they are dedicating time and energy to building, eventing, writing, etc. There is no special treatment. There are zero guild benefits to it. If anything it is a detriment as they lose play time on their norms. So can we please just never, ever even mention this again? It's beyond asinine.
<Silhouette>

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:41 pm

Folder wrote:I know it's totes offtopic, but Daedroth is right. It's beyond old to continue hearing it. It's not even true. Y'all nuts if you think we outnumber other guilds. Maybe we're just so good that we can overcome overwhelming odds, but that's not really how this game works since it's low skill (besides priesting, entirely different topic).

[07:54] ===Top 3 Currently Active Guilds===
[07:54] Guild Name: Revolution
[07:54] Description: Disillusioned by institutions of unfair exclusions? A proven solution with no substitutions. Join the Revolution! /i RevoInfo
[07:54] Members Online: 15
[07:54] Type '/gapply Revolution' to request to join.
[07:54] Guild Name: Silhouette
[07:54] Description: Recruitment very limited, please inquire with an officer. /i Silhouette for more guild info.
[07:54] Members Online: 9
[07:54] Type '/gapply Silhouette' to request to join.
[07:54] Guild Name: Tormented
[07:54] Description: We are Chaotic-Neutral, protecting our own. Small group of veteran players with our main goal being to help newer players.
[07:54] Members Online: 4
[07:54] Type '/gapply Tormented' to request to join.

That's evening time and 5 of mine are afk. There are 8 revo in a mosh and 4 more in a leveling group.

Morning time looks like this:

[07:10] ===Top 3 Currently Active Guilds===
[07:10] Guild Name: Revolution
[07:10] Description: Disillusioned by institutions of unfair exclusions? A proven solution with no substitutions. Join the Revolution! /i RevoInfo
[07:10] Members Online: 6
[07:10] Type '/gapply Revolution' to request to join.
[07:10] Guild Name: Silhouette
[07:10] Description: Recruitment very limited, please inquire with an officer. /i Silhouette for more guild info.
[07:10] Type '/gapply Silhouette' to request to join.
[07:10] Guild Name: Tormented
[07:10] Description: We are Chaotic-Neutral, protecting our own. Small group of veteran players with our main goal being to help newer players.
[07:10] Type '/gapply Tormented' to request to join.

The only OaDs we do during the week are Dreads (sometimes), Seta, and Mines. Nothing else. Sometimes on weekends we do more.

I guess we should be whining about how Revo is "killing the game" but we aren't. Competition is good, even when we get rekt by overwhelming numbers. Bring it on, but know that we don't go down easy friends!

BACK ON POINT: We don't need extra special carebear catering for this area system to work. Let people PvP ffs. It's a dang PvP game, we want fighting.

edit: And I need to say this. People have some fucked up conception of what it means to have staff in your guild. Corruption? Favoritism? Please. Let me tell you what it means. It means they are constantly NOT ABLE TO HELP because they are dedicating time and energy to building, eventing, writing, etc. There is no special treatment. There are zero guild benefits to it. If anything it is a detriment as they lose play time on their norms. So can we please just never, ever even mention this again? It's beyond asinine.

Just posting to clarify - Folder, I think you didn't even register my last posts. The point was its not about numbers (which generally will fluctuate as you correctly point out). After you asked I tried to explain that its about a perception of having a lot of active/invested/influential players. I'm not talking about staff corruption (I never mentioned that). What I'm saying is that generally ppl become staff cos they are to a large degree influential, active and invested in the game. A guild with the majority of staff can logically be conceived by players as having therefore the most influential, active and invested players - players that will be online often, exert influence on the game and not quit the game easily. It's a matter of stability and influence - not about having numerical superiority 24/7 (let's face it, you are far too smart in regulating recruitment to let obvious numerical superiority happen for a prolonged period anyway - otherwise you wouldn't be able to trot out that same argument every time, nor would you have anyone to enjoy pvp with). Whether or not it's reality that your guild is the most stable/influential/dominant/whatever I'm not sure - as we are probably both tinted by our own game experiences (I seem to believe there is truth in it, you don't). But I guess we've all said what we think and whatever happens with area capture and EO in general etc is up to NH and the resulting effects will run its course either way. Peace.

PS - even if Rev is the guild currently dominating as you claim, my suggestion related to area/city capture would still stand ... I.e. restrict them to being able to only capture/hold 1 city at a time (likely the best one if they are dominant, and no more). Surely that would promote guild diversity, which I believe you have agreed with me in the past (on guild diversity topic thread) as something that would be beneficial for the game.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:28 am

A little side note; all the influence in the world doesn't mean much when you are outnumbered by angry peasants armed with pitchforks and flaming torches!
It is time for us elites to unite and crush those filthy peasants beneath our bejeweled heels again!
Eh... right lads?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”