PVP Dodge/Hitrate/Damage/HP

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: PVP Dodge/Hitrate/Damage/HP

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:16 am

JadeFalcon wrote:
Folder wrote:JF where did you come up with that lol. No such thing as "naturai AGI" :D .

I honestly thought that classes that demanded a higher experience to lvl to 25 had a sort of bonus versus other classes. If not, what is the point of having different exp requirements?

Because some classes simply level faster without it. I.E. Clerics don't deal massive damage even with reverse healing, Thieves and Assassins have to move back and forth which slows down EXP speed, etc. I did make it all the same at one point but people freaked out about it and I adjusted it as an attempted based on the class to a point which shut most people up.

There ain't no such thing as natural AGI bar what ninjas and knights have as a bonus, then zerkers has a debuff.

The whole 1vs1 vs group thing is an interesting thing though. I probably do want to up AGI a 'little' bit so its more inline on what you want to do, I'm not sure yet on the route though. Depends how effectiveness I can get MR to work as I'm stuggling right now to get a good balance with it. We'll see soon though and then we can talk about what we want to do. Maybe we don't want the whole rock paper scissors way of gaming, maybe it would be better as a 'if you want to solo, go more agi less end, if you want to group, go opposite' type of thing. Dunno yet, we'll see in the future.

Absentia

Postby Absentia » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:54 pm

NiteHawk wrote:The whole 1vs1 vs group thing is an interesting thing though. I probably do want to up AGI a 'little' bit so its more inline on what you want to do, I'm not sure yet on the route though. Depends how effectiveness I can get MR to work as I'm stuggling right now to get a good balance with it. We'll see soon though and then we can talk about what we want to do. Maybe we don't want the whole rock paper scissors way of gaming, maybe it would be better as a 'if you want to solo, go more agi less end, if you want to group, go opposite' type of thing. Dunno yet, we'll see in the future.

I think what we have right now works pretty well besides druids and theives the two outliers in the pvp spectrum things seem pretty balanced pvp wise (theives have pve assets that offset their pvp shortcomings for the most part)

I think i minor tweak to agi making it a bit more important would help balance out str and end being a bit overpowered.

As for mr I really do think its pretty close. Maybe 5-10% on each side of the spectrum. I really dont think mr is too far off. I know youd like to change how pen works which sounds good but I dont think the current system is that far off that we need a whole new system. Yes Id love to see staves play into spell damage instead of pen so maybe thats a good option for pen instead.

Anyways yea i dont think things are off by too much a tweak here and tweak there to correct some overpowers I think will do rather than rewriting whole systems but thats just my 2 cents
Orestes
Prometheus

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Bump up Agi, raise the floor on MR, and tweak a couple of classes and races and I think the game will be in really good shape.

Zerkers need some love, Rangers need some love, Lings need some love, Gobbies and Humans could prolly use a very minor touch of love too. Dwarves, Sauries, and Elemental Druids could likely use a very minor touch from the nerfbat. To be honest I don't think a little bit of powercreep would be a bad thing, the healing and defensive aspect of the game is so strong that upping the offensive parts a teeny bit would only help to make combat more interesting.

There really shouldn't be so many fights that go on for 3-5 minutes before one crit dies and a little touch of power creep would help balance that back a lil.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Tucker wrote:Bump up Agi, raise the floor on MR, and tweak a couple of classes and races and I think the game will be in really good shape.

Zerkers need some love, Rangers need some love, Lings need some love, Gobbies and Humans could prolly use a very minor touch of love too. Dwarves, Sauries, and Elemental Druids could likely use a very minor touch from the nerfbat. To be honest I don't think a little bit of powercreep would be a bad thing, the healing and defensive aspect of the game is so strong that upping the offensive parts a teeny bit would only help to make combat more interesting.

There really shouldn't be so many fights that go on for 3-5 minutes before one crit dies and a little touch of power creep would help balance that back a lil.

This is pretty much exactly how I see it too well said.

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Lateralus wrote:
Tucker wrote:Bump up Agi, raise the floor on MR, and tweak a couple of classes and races and I think the game will be in really good shape.

This is pretty much exactly how I see it too well said.

Tottaly agreed.

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Forgot to add from everything I hear and see Death Mages could maybe use some tweaks and small buffs to make them viable in different ways from Chanters. I rarely ever see DM's in fights, events, or during OAD's and from the people who have Death Mages (I do not) they seem to agree that the class is fairly inferior to Chanters in most ways.

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 am

Death Mage

C wither players (increase dammage)
C rot players (poision dammage over time)
C leech till dead

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Ranger pets bonus should be better too, should be good enough to player kill the pet before the master.

As it is today, they just ignore the pet and take down the player, easily.

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Dan wrote:Ranger pets bonus should be better too, should be good enough to player kill the pet before the master.

As it is today, they just ignore the pet and take down the player, easily.

I think a really good way to improve Rangers would be to give pets aura like abilities that would affect the ranger ofc and anyone in the rangers party.

They'd still be shit at PVP compared to slayers, ninjas, and cavs, but would have more of a fighting chance and more importantly could be very useful to parties for big pvp fights and oad's/party pve stuff. Things like Minstrel songs but less impactful. Pet that gives bonus AC, pet that gives a + hp per tick, pets that gives str or agi buffs. Pets that could even buff int or magic resists perhaps.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 am

No matter what you do no one is going to kill the pet before the player in PVP first. Just want to point that out.

In any situation, even if we buff pets to super mario with a star mode, no one will deal with the pet first. Having to deal with 1000 HP (three times), no one cares to do. Other stuff could come into effect to help rangers but they aren't honestly bad.

Return to “Archive Chat”