The current "meta" for endgame PvP

Rodeo

Re: The current "meta" for endgame PvP

Postby Rodeo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:29 am

Will the death sickness be 25 only or will it be from 16 to 25? I feel like people will use this to grief people leveling than to detour people from zombie status.

Also instead of death sickness could do a movement timer which decreases depending on how much chr the user has? This would kill two birds with one stone. Players will have to actually think out a build for certain situations. Right now almost no chr is used on chars. It's a idea to think about instead of a penalty.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:03 am

Rodeo wrote:Will the death sickness be 25 only or will it be from 16 to 25? I feel like people will use this to grief people leveling than to detour people from zombie status.

Also instead of death sickness could do a movement timer which decreases depending on how much chr the user has? This would kill two birds with one stone. Players will have to actually think out a build for certain situations. Right now almost no chr is used on chars. It's a idea to think about instead of a penalty.

Well, you can simply wait the 2 minutes per death on a pked character and not endure longer timers on yourself. After you get killed once, you either wait 2 minutes or go out again, and if you die with sickness still on you, the sickness grows. Sort of speak. I don't see people being PKd going right out soon as they die, they gotta pot up again etc etc. A PKER however will ghost. That's why I don't think its such a big deal if you pk someone lower level too. It is not like they are rushing out again.

I'm not sure char should play a part on this yet though, seems weird. I get we need to use char but I think it might have to be other ways. As I stated above though if people feel sickness shouldn't be a thing for people who get pked while leveling, then we need to propose a system that works for everything. Not just level 25ers. As I said, first time death = a 5 minute cooldown for example, with no sickness. If you die again within 5 minutes, you start the sickness effects. So no one would get sickness after the first death, but if they just go gungho they will trigger it.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:13 am

It just seemed like a good fit into my reasoning. Charisma give more health which give more stamina also could be see as a way to recover faster from a battle. Anyways that's how it works in my head. Could use some polish that's for sure. :lol:

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:16 pm

In my eyes this is mostly just an anti-ghosting mechanic, which is why I thought about it being 25 only. Dying from a PK under 25 means you're already losing XP and you may drop stuff, so you're already getting "punished" so to speak. Not really the end of the world either way though as I think dying should be feared more.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Folder wrote:In my eyes this is mostly just an anti-ghosting mechanic, which is why I thought about it being 25 only. Dying from a PK under 25 means you're already losing XP and you may drop stuff, so you're already getting "punished" so to speak. Not really the end of the world either way though as I think dying should be feared more.

I mean, a level 24 cleric that is just used to heal should be punished still. They might lose an attack yeah, but their heals are just as good. I don't exactly see eye to eye with this anyways. You could technically make a level 24 cleric, ignore losing XP since you won't lose XP past level 24 anyways, and just use that for luls. I could see it happening. Sitting at near a location a level 24 cleric that can die constantly without fear might be more useful then a a level 25 priest when you know you are outnumbered.

Looking at the XP loss though, maybe this needs looking at too. Is it too high? XP loss should be annoying, but not insanely annoying. Right now you lose 1% of XP up to 2 million. Maybe this is too much? What should it be if this should be changed?

Edit: What I will do is if you are level 24 and under, you will only get sickness if you die twice in a row in quick succession. Aka what I was talking about before. So they'll have one death 'extra'.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:55 pm

So it is like this now:

Death Sickness:
-If you die you will have a temp sickness that lowers stats.

-In PVP
--As level 25
---Lose -2 stats for 2 minutes first death, -3.5 stats for 4 minutes second death, -5 stats for 6 minutes third death, and -10 stats for 8 minutes fourth death and up in PVP.
--Under 25.
---Lose 0 stats for 2 minutes after first death, -2 stats for 2 minutes second death, -3.5 stats for 4 minutes third death, -5 stats for 6 minutes forth death, and -10 stats for 8 minutes fifth death and up in PVP.
-In PVE
--Lose -2 stats for 20 seconds, any situation.
-Does not occur in game rooms (and arenas hopefully)

NOTE: If you wait out your first two minutes and don't rush it, your sickness goes away and you can go into combat again. If you die while you have a sickness, you are bumped up to the next sickness level. I don't think 2 minutes will cut it but we will see. Will leave it lower than higher atm.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:24 pm

insane hit to agility

4.5% on stats isn't so insane, it's about 1 agi, which translate to about -2% less actual dodge on average.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Also, in terms of fade, would it be too much to have fade only work when you aren't in combat, or is that a bad idea?

Just curious.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:40 pm

i dont know why you break dodge penalties down into agility. it isn't like losing 1 agility at all. to point a fact, mathmaticaly it is equivilent adding 2.25 agility to your enemies hitrate against you. however it is a double standard because instead of 25.4 agi (my druid has this) and no penalty, i unmorph and have 22, that 3.4 agi loss on top of a bonus chance to be smashed in combat is too much. no reason a gnome/human druid should dodge less efficiently than a half orc/dwarf while unmorphed.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Terron wrote:i dont know why you break dodge penalties down into agility. it isn't like losing 1 agility at all. to point a fact, mathmaticaly it is equivilent adding 2.25 agility to your enemies hitrate against you. however it is a double standard because instead of 25.4 agi (my druid has this) and no penalty, i unmorph and have 22, that 3.4 agi loss on top of a bonus chance to be smashed in combat is too much. no reason a gnome/human druid should dodge less efficiently than a half orc/dwarf while unmorphed.

Because I coded the game? When I say it is around 1 agi, it is around 1 agi, though little less or higher based on AGI.

The class dodge penalties are based on the stat itself. You are adding the 4.5% to the dodge formula which is incorrect, but class penalties are based on the stat itself. When I send the AGI to the dodge formula, it does AGI * HitRateBonus or AGI * DodgeRateBonus. So 22 becomes 21.23 for example on the druid.

:popcorn:

Return to “Archive Chat”