The current "meta" for endgame PvP

daedroth

Re: The current "meta" for endgame PvP

Postby daedroth » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:01 am

NiteHawk wrote:Yeah, welcome to online gaming. I understand it can be a pain sometimes, but this way is far better then the other way. At least try to get safe.

Cheers, that's what I wanted to know.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:56 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Wings n Things

The values seem interesting for Cat, I am interested in seeing how the bear form would look, more armor? Regardless, it's worth a try. I like your idea of maybe increasing their damage out of morph because it just makes sense as they are kind of the defacto hybrid. Kind of how you made clerics able to actually deal okay dmg with physical right? Would that keep the dmg the same though or would it lower it?

The dmg changes I am skeptical on until we see the new weapons. Could you break down the formulas/math on the bear form bonuses? The changes to cat seem even considering the endurance of the races. I like it.

Also, I must say though that I think Endurance is maybe too strong now? 17 endurance for 900 hp seems amazing, don't get me wrong but it seems like a lot. 825 seemed too few though, what about somewhere near the middle 860-875? I think agility and Endurance are about equal but right now it seems Endurance is still much better. I used 17 endurance as a model because I think it's the lowest possible maximum.

Can reply more about this when I get home in a bit.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Postby Styx » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:23 pm
Dumb question, if the ling basicly by the numbers will not win then cause str of others is greater then what class is good for them? Just looks obvious only make half horc cause it will win, or chanter to kill half orc, or is this more intended for the pve section or role play.

Tested my druid, still hits just was all blah seeing it drop

in my opinion, dps should beat mr about 7:3 and mr should beat mages 7:3 and mages beat dps 7:3.
that being said, however, i dont classify ling DE or gobby as MR like most of the current playerbase. they are kinda balancing on 2 spectrums which puts them closer to 5:5 to 6:4 in both spectrums. that is pretty balanced. i would say the niche of ling is they are well rounded for everything, and some would argue they are overall best in multiple classes. when i state an MR build i mean max potential. elf gnome elemental. if the balance of the castes isnt close to 7:3 people will forgo and stop using the under-performing. atm that is a half orc.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:20 pm

Honzo wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:Wings n Things

The values seem interesting for Cat, I am interested in seeing how the bear form would look, more armor? Regardless, it's worth a try. I like your idea of maybe increasing their damage out of morph because it just makes sense as they are kind of the defacto hybrid. Kind of how you made clerics able to actually deal okay dmg with physical right? Would that keep the dmg the same though or would it lower it?

The dmg changes I am skeptical on until we see the new weapons. Could you break down the formulas/math on the bear form bonuses? The changes to cat seem even considering the endurance of the races. I like it.

Also, I must say though that I think Endurance is maybe too strong now? 17 endurance for 900 hp seems amazing, don't get me wrong but it seems like a lot. 825 seemed too few though, what about somewhere near the middle 860-875? I think agility and Endurance are about equal but right now it seems Endurance is still much better. I used 17 endurance as a model because I think it's the lowest possible maximum.

Can reply more about this when I get home in a bit.

I'd probably change the scaling of armor to start higher and end around the same as it is now yeh.

The total DRUID damage will be the same in the end. Out of morph they will do more damage than current and overall it will help lessen the 2 to 1 issue that occurs per min/max point lost.

The weapon damage isn't going to change though.

But lets say max damage is 200 with a cavalier and a druid, lets pretend they are even:

Cavalier 22str:
OAD value - 200 damage.
Missing -1max - 192 damage.
Missing -2max - 184 damage.
Missing -3max - 176 damage.

A druid might look like this with 41 str:
OAD Value - 200 damage
Missing -1max - 184 damage.
Missing -2max - 168 damage.
Missing -3max - 152 damage.

Their scaling goes down faster currently cause we double strength and the solution to that is to give less STR but boost the multiplier.

in my opinion, dps should beat mr about 7:3 and mr should beat mages 7:3 and mages beat dps 7:3.

70 to 30 isn't bad overall.

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:43 am

Works if your with enough people to fight each other out to get the oad, will there be store bought item so the poor people like myself can have something that might be a little under but still look kewl?

Miach

Postby Miach » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:50 pm

daedroth wrote:1) Fade: I already posted on Fade. I do not like it. I think attacking should break the effect. It just makes the combats silly.

2) Zombie Attack: An alternative solution would be "injuries" or "weakened state". Some games have this. Basically you can run back to the fight after being templed, but until you are inactive for X amount of time you have a -2 to all stats (or some such - could be capped at X amount of injuries). And have it accrue.

I've got two ideas for Fade:

1) Fade breaks for any hostile actions except for the caster of Fade, giving Sorcs/Chanters their needed camouflage
2) Fade breaks for any hostile actions by persons who cannot pass a stat check (INT Roll), giving a certain gamble to hostile attacks for those with average intelligence and a feeling of safety for those high intelligence squishies and the low intelligence characters (knowing that they will fail a smartness check) have a huge disadvantage to this INT check.

I really like option 2, it sounds fun.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Miach wrote:...

Its been changed. You are faded until the end of duration or you attack. It gives a +2int/agl until person faded attacks. I think you can still be attacked while faded though.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Miach

Postby Miach » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:28 pm

daedroth wrote:
Miach wrote:...

Its been changed. You are faded until the end of duration or you attack. It gives a +2int/agl until person faded attacks. I think you can still be attacked while faded though.

Ah, thanks. I was just checking unread threads and found this one, thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Return to “Archive Chat”