MR Poll

What system should we go with for MR? (Read below)

Poll ended at Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Number 1
No votes
Number 2
46%
Number 3
54%

Total votes: 26
Reaper

Re: MR Poll

Postby Reaper » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:10 am

Whatever option gives physical a better chance is the one going to be picked. The majority of players use physical classes, and low wis ones at that. So, no point in me even voting. I can't judge or voice opinions on something that hasn't been implemented yet. As unfair and unreasonable as it is for me to say this without even seeing how it works or what is implemented, I just feel put off from the game for some reason.

I feel like mages are going to get a big shaft. Leech heal was already nerfed to being almost worthless again. Now low wis characters are going to have decent MR more than likely, since that is what the masses want. I'm beginning to hear little birds flying around the realm talking about wanting to nerf Stoneskin next. So, after this, probably expect to see that forum post pop up. I have a Slayer, but mages are what I enjoy playing the most. It just feels like they are being overly attacked, and the one thing they do well is being altered. I'm not saying it will be bad, or that I will notice some drastic change that will make them worthless. I just feel discouraged, probably unreasonably so, but discouraged none the less. :?

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:36 am

almost everything is melee. in a world where there wasn't a 40% hit rate for swinging a sword it would be drastic yea. spells don't really have a hit rate cap

this change will make it easier to balance later. all 3 systems to vote on see 10 wis as getting hit 7/10 anyway. the only drastic change is mages will actually hit each other.

in actuality a melee character needs 4 stats to fight mages and mages only need 3 to fight melee. the outlook has been stated to be the reciprocal numerous times.

mages however do not need wisdom to fight melee at all. mages for the most part get xppppx and a +1/ very few melee get pppxpx with a +1.

damage for instance is easy to change because you just amend 1 formula. mr is a nightmare, have to evaluate every race of every class aswell as in generality. putting +20% mr on everything wouldnt work because it is all exponential gain. a gnome would benefit 5x over what a dark elf would and 20x what a horc would, so it would make it even worse.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

TheFirstTrupain

Postby TheFirstTrupain » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:55 am

What does MR do in this game? Does it lower magic damage received on hit or does it make it so the person unaffects more?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:38 am

TheFirstTrupain wrote:What does MR do in this game? Does it lower magic damage received on hit or does it make it so the person unaffects more?

As far as im aware the higher the wisdom the less damage from magic and more chance of unaffects (no damage/effect taken).
Last edited by daedroth on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:54 am

It is pointless to vote and won't, a lot would want change cause they have the max str melee fighter with 10 wis and expecting to kill a chanter.

Would you go into battle naked as a Jay bird, swinging your weapon of choice, and expect to not die?

Magic is not a sword, who here can stop a ball of fire, lighting, etc

Don't worry NH it's a never ending battle until one certain group gets to be overpowered

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:12 am

Styx wrote:It is pointless to vote and won't, a lot would want change cause they have the max str melee fighter with 10 wis and expecting to kill a chanter.

Would you go into battle naked as a Jay bird, swinging your weapon of choice, and expect to not die?

Magic is not a sword, who here can stop a ball of fire, lighting, etc

Don't worry NH it's a never ending battle until one certain group gets to be overpowered

This is not just about MR on lower wisdom, its about higher wisdom. On top of that no matter what a HO is going to struggle against a mage user, No matter what 10 wisdom is 10 wisdom, you'll lack hard on MR. But you wouldn't expect a ling to dodge 95% of the time either. That would be goofy right? I understand wisdom should be more severe than agility, I fully agree here because magic is different then agi/str, and people want to make it very similar, which I disagree with, I know they work differently, I know armor reduces damage alot via passive and especially actively, MR doesn't do it the same way. Magic damage is also lower in general, blahblah etc. Alot of factors that make it different gameplay, and it should be, and will continue to be.

But if AGI is lets say 40% base, and dips between 30% to 50%, then MR could start off at 20 or 25 and go up to 65-70% or so. Depends on what we go with and how it will all play out. But I think magic needs to hit more in general, yes.

Styx

Postby Styx » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:50 am

I shall go with what NH thinks works best, then after changes do test dummies ,,, always volunteers ready to die,,, lol

From results test data and formulas etc

ON A SIDE NOTE

Due to the volatile nature of magic, everyone says it's so op, why haven't you suggested reflect ?

Certain class or race or whatever could get reflect dammage of magic or physical with percent of reflect, yes you are hit for x dammage , you reflect x dammage back, that's how to beat a magic user don't ya all know

But this could be broken down into physical also

OR a silence spell, user can't cast maguc..wouldn't that stink as a sorc or cleric lol, and yes you would want the silencer in your group to kill priest first, wouldnt know which to take, if they do and i dont, then should u take this or that but what uf they di thus so, its a 3Rd option, such evil carnage to change the whole mosh exp hehe

Wouldn't it stink being silent with 10 str armed with a stick :)

OR assy has a oad where the grandmaster gives the volatile 1 time use poison or paralysis poison, ,, it's a oad lol,,, so an assy will kill without mercy

So many fun things that can be thought of muwhaha let the true Kaos begin

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:31 am

Damn progressives always wanting to change things. Leave it as it is!

(This has nothing to with the fact that

a) I am leveling a sorc and want to fry you all
b) Find this entire system bonkers. If I cast a fire ball at you, you either get it, or not. Which is a function of your AGI. If I strike a hit, if you have a good armor (AC) you wont fry. If you are wearing clothes (low AC) you fry.
In other words, this shouldnt be different than any other form of combat.

My own base damage should be a function of how intelligent. After all, since I am a genius I will cast a giant fireball.
Fizzle should be (if not already) a function of my wisdom. As I am very wise, i never f*** it up.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Reopened poll for a couple more days.

killa

Postby killa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:09 pm

hmmm

Return to “Archive Chat”