MR Poll

What system should we go with for MR? (Read below)

Poll ended at Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Number 1
No votes
Number 2
46%
Number 3
54%

Total votes: 26
killa

Re: MR Poll

Postby killa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:22 pm

seems like youre setting yourself up for a lot of work lol... Just increasing MR a hair in the same way as you did with the end stat IE lower wis gets a bigger boost than higher wis, but not a lot of course, seems like it would have worked out nicely. But nobody else agrees 8-) o well

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:08 pm

pimpin' ain't easy
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Postby Styx » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:37 pm

We are at a stalemate.

:popcorn:

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:41 pm

yeah looks like people don't want int to be the triple whammy and they want a balanced spell hits vs wisdom. option #3 does kinda read as a separate issue altogethor. but i like the overall concept.

killa

Postby killa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:52 pm

I chose 3. sounds good I spent a lot of time reading the whole post

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:05 am

I actually prefer hitters, but if this will nerf mages then... that will not be good. From what NH says it is actually going to benefit mages vs high WIS/MR enemies. Which might also be unbalancing if taken too far. However if the changes are merely made for the people whining that their low WIS alts are getting stomped by mages... then yeh... might just be better to remove mages from the game :D. I am not voting, I will wait and see what the changes bring. Fairly sure if it becomes unbalanced it can be changed again.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:32 am

i dont think anyone cares their lizard gets raped by magic. for me its the hit rate. they cast spells at you and miss 2x a week? and no matter how high your agility is you can barely land more than 2 hits per round even fighting elementals. it doesn't have to be so drastic getting hit 6-7x out of 10 stamina is the same end result. fried lizard. ofcourse we could ignore all this and give mages a flat 10 agility when concentrating to cast spells, then itll just be a slugfest.

i see the general thought is people just want their lizard to survive, but looking at the choices chosen on the poll. it looks like a cover-up complaint people are using to keep their high int mages in power.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:31 am

It should be balanced to where very high wis characters can beat a mage the majority of the time. This way people have reason to lings and humans.

Those lings and humans should lose to orcs and lizards most of the time.

And orcs and lizards should lose to mages the majority of the time, but beat all others most of the time. IMO.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:15 am

Mujahideen wrote:It should be balanced to where very high wis characters can beat a mage the majority of the time. This way people have reason to lings and humans.

Those lings and humans should lose to orcs and lizards most of the time.

And orcs and lizards should lose to mages the majority of the time, but beat all others most of the time. IMO.

Agreed.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:16 am

Option 3 is 2 points ahead, must see if another stalemate.

I'm waiting to vote so it can be stalemate again, where's the fillabuster muwhah

Edit, int should be set at 22 int since agi and str was set at not plus one if I remember.and post said 23 int

:popcorn:
Last edited by Styx on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archive Chat”