MR Poll

What system should we go with for MR? (Read below)

Poll ended at Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Number 1
No votes
Number 2
46%
Number 3
54%

Total votes: 26
Terron

Re: MR Poll

Postby Terron » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Damn progressives always wanting to change things. Leave it as it is!

(This has nothing to with the fact that

a) I am leveling a sorc and want to fry you all
b) Find this entire system bonkers. If I cast a fire ball at you, you either get it, or not. Which is a function of your AGI. If I strike a hit, if you have a good armor (AC) you wont fry. If you are wearing clothes (low AC) you fry.
In other words, this shouldnt be different than any other form of combat.

My own base damage should be a function of how intelligent. After all, since I am a genius I will cast a giant fireball.
Fizzle should be (if not already) a function of my wisdom. As I am very wise, i never f*** it up.

+1
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Can we be armed with red petals from ants ands when we smother them to death in red petals they die worth a agi *quickness to throw vs chr modifier

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon May 15, 2017 8:19 am

I'll probably be looking into this soon as we do an update. Then probably some more class balancing, clan houses, houses in general, auction/market system, and global shards.

The script updates are on hold atm cause I need a break from it.

Eld

Postby Eld » Mon May 15, 2017 8:31 am

NiteHawk wrote:I'll probably be looking into this soon as we do an update. Then probably some more class balancing, clan houses, houses in general, auction/market system, and global shards.

The script updates are on hold atm cause I need a break from it.

This is a beautiful post, thanks for your continued work!

From the POV of a 19 wis dwarf slayer i think MR is borked and it makes me wish I'd just gone Orc.

From the POV of someone about to have a 23 int chanter. I'm looking forward to frying some people =p

Adramelk

Postby Adramelk » Mon May 15, 2017 10:26 pm

As a 20wis Drow Slayer or 22wis Elf Druid I agree that this needs rework. fade + sap or even sap in generals seems to walk right thru any MR.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue May 16, 2017 12:18 am

Adramelk wrote:As a 20wis Drow Slayer or 22wis Elf Druid I agree that this needs rework. fade + sap or even sap in generals seems to walk right thru any MR.

My perception is that Int may not be critical enough in the equation of bypassing MR... I'm not quite sure how it works but I suspect that there's probably a lot of lower Int spellcasters who do better than they should be on sapping/FFing etc? Shrug this could entirely be my perception though

Edit - actually perhaps the current scale is a necessity cos some classes like Pally or Druid just won't have the allocation points to get more than 17-18 int whereas other classes that don't require as many stats can afford to pump wisdom higher...

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 7:03 am

All spells use the same MR so the idea that sap/etc is better at penetrating then other spells is an illusion. If sap/etc should have a harder requirement to penetrate is another story, but normally I'm fine with all spells being the same.

Return to “Archive Chat”