Setback

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Setback

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 am

There is a big issue where the server is crashing with a nasty bug that cannot be error handled. Virtually it leads to corruption and MS sees it and prevents it (corruption being memory corruption, invalid pointers, 'System.AccessViolationException' )..

The problem is it is not with my coding, but the NLUA project and how it deals with multi-threading. (Lua) I need to rewrite a good portion of the coding and see how to resolve it, maybe even switch scripts. This would mean I need to recode ALL the spells into another format (PERL for example) and it's sort of a pain in the ass. I hope it doesn't come to that though.... Regardless, it kind of sets me back from the end-game content I was working on, but I need to get this sorted because the server is randomly crashing because of it. The more active people are the higher chance of it occurring (though still really low, it happens).

Just figured I'd point it out, and if the server crashes I am sorry. Will try to online it and deal with it as soon as possible.

TLDR; SHIT BE WACK YO. FIXIN IT, TAKES TIME.

Mujahideen

Re: Setback

Postby Mujahideen » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:33 am

IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG (20.83 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:47 am

Sounds shitty man. I know nothing about this stuff so all I can say is thanks for your effort and time. It's appreciated.
<Silhouette>

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Return to “Archive Chat”