Name changes

killa

Re: Name changes

Postby killa » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:24 pm

100k seems reasonable to me, poll it, Maybe make it like respec, once per char? To keep people from constantly changing identities, if that could become an issue In some way. Mostly thinking of it in the sense of buying/selling/trading chars, you want your own
name, ya know

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:56 pm

killa wrote:100k seems reasonable to me, poll it, Maybe make it like respec, once per char? To keep people from constantly changing identities, if that could become an issue In some way. Mostly thinking of it in the sense of buying/selling/trading chars, you want your own
name, ya know

/thumbsup

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:29 pm

100k sounds good to me. 250k is pretty fuckin expensive.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:05 am

Make gold great again!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:40 am

NiteHawk wrote:Eventually yeah this will be a thing, not sure how yet or how much, but we'll see.

A slight threadjacking, but will it be possible to have names and surnames? Or chars with two names (Like Jack Daniels, instead of Jack_daniels).

I really hate underscores.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

killa

Postby killa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:45 pm

ur 2 are like dumb and dumber. even in cere's thread saying he just got back from dealing with important irl things you were talking about feet smelling like toad farts and orange turnips and kinds of dumb crap. yet my posts always get deleted for being "off topic" jesus Christ I cant believe it...

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:11 am

killa wrote:ur 2 are like dumb and dumber. even in cere's thread saying he just got back from dealing with important irl things you were talking about feet smelling like toad farts and orange turnips and kinds of dumb crap. yet my posts always get deleted for being "off topic" jesus Christ I cant believe it...

Sometimes laughter is the best policy. After bad RL issues I like humour, but meh that's me. Besides, Mr UFC champ, you are really not the one to talk about attitudes matey.

However if you (Cerebrus) were offended by the attempt at humour, apologies to you because that was not meant (and again, good to see you back). Also going by your character I do not think you would be.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

tonk

Postby tonk » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:41 pm

I think the name change would be a great thing. not only for the reasons listed. But I also think that it should be cheaper then the unsb scrolls. also available in more then just one area

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:29 am

JadeFalcon wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:Eventually yeah this will be a thing, not sure how yet or how much, but we'll see.

A slight threadjacking, but will it be possible to have names and surnames? Or chars with two names (Like Jack Daniels, instead of Jack_daniels).

I really hate underscores.

It's due to how the system works that it needs to be one name. I'm not sure exactly how I can do it yet, maybe _'s will convert to spaces auto, but the problem comes with commands and other things that cannot recognize, and will most likely not recognize spaced characters because it would see the space key as the delimiter.
I.E.

/give Jack Daniels Broad Sword

It's a mess to try to determine where the item and where the name starts. That's why alot of games will use underscores instead. However, I can see converting underscores to spaces in look overs, in room desc, in the player list, etc, but if you wanted to interact with them outside of just using 'Jack' then it would be /give Jack_Daniels Broad Sword, for example.

It would involve alot of client changes to understand that too though so it probably won't be around until new client and I'll remember to think about that when I do it. It would most likely literally mostly be client side.

Return to “Archive Chat”