PK Limit?

What do you think the PK limit should be as a whole?

Poll ended at Tue May 02, 2017 5:42 pm

4 deaths per hour
No votes
3 deaths per hour. (Current)
47%
2 deaths per hour.
32%
4 deaths per 2 hours.
No votes
3 deaths per 2 hours.
No votes
2 deaths per 2 hours.
16%
X deaths per day (Specify below)
No votes
X deaths per hour. (Specify)
No votes
X deaths per 2 hours. (Specify)
No votes
Other (Specify)
5%

Total votes: 19
NiteHawk
Site Admin

PK Limit?

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:42 pm

I am wondering as a player, what you think would be where we should draw the line on the amount of PKs per hour/few hours/day/etc. Put yourself in shoes of someone who is new and getting killed. What would be your 'limit' before giving up and closing the game or getting overly frustrated at losing XP.

Let's pretend for now that the deaths add up regardless of who does it. So a little different than current 'per person' limit.

Kinetic

Re: PK Limit?

Postby Kinetic » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Dropping EXP isn't fun .. so I'm going with 2 deaths per hour, and even that .. for someone that is actually new to the game is going to probably make them quit.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:49 pm

Kinetic wrote:Dropping EXP isn't fun .. so I'm going with 2 deaths per hour, and even that .. for someone that is actually new to the game is going to probably make them quit.

Well there does need to be risk. It's a bit boring without the thrill :P XP loss per kill is another story too though.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:54 pm

I disagree with the premise that this is to protect new players.

New players will quit long before they get to lvl 16 to be pk'ed, killed by mobs. Just today, an old player from RoK joined in, and managed to die 4 times. Never to PK.
Ive seen the obits at times being filled with some guy being killed by a snake 5 times.

Most players that get killed 3 times (and again, this is very rare - unless they are silly or have a death wish) are veterans.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Aftershock

Postby Aftershock » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 pm

I think honestly 3 is fine. 4 if the guy being PKd pages you some bullshit. Problem with a limit will be taunting once limit is reached. I agree with Jadefalcon, they die either way.

Remove.limit altogether or leave it be, game is PK if you don't like it then use an Arena.
Aftershock

Styx

Postby Styx » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Take into account exp loss at level 22ish

Edit, 3 per day, if you do a 6 hour straight living and put on 100 mill, which is doable in big leveling parties.

3 deaths at 10 percent loss (if I'm right) based on 200 mill exp = 20 mill exp lost
3 x 20 mill so 60 mill a day lost

100 mil, grinding it out -60 mil = 40 mill exp for you hours of work

Same math based on per hour and someone just hunting To be evil...

3 deaths in 2 hours *@ 6 hours =9 deaths possible if just wanting to be cruel.
100 mill for 6 hours = 16.6 mil per hour
9 deaths @20 mill (not positive on exp loss percent) = 180 mill exp lost
100 mil for 6 hours work - 180 mill exp loss (based on per day) = -80 mill exp for the day

This is, if math is correct and percent loss. Either way it's just like composted daily interest.

Which is why I say it really should be set as a per day, not as a per hour, and don't remember the percentage for exp loss.

Don't get me wrong , this game is pk, but there is a point where it's not going to be fun and is cruel, wasting a whole day on someone.

killa

Postby killa » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:58 pm

aftershock you should use an arena, you hire people to level all your chars lol why don't you see how that gos ha ha

but i agree nothing needs to be changed as far as this. its certain people that keep harassing certain people in the game. and those people aren't new players they are established players on both sides

edit: retaining an established player base imo is more important that advertising for new players. its 2017 not the 90s. I see new guys join all the time just to not log back in again, even in a perfectly smooth scenario. its just not a type of game that's enticing to the younger crowd. they want super 3d graphics and gameplay and tons of players, its more a fit for us older people (30s+). the current people who are online everyday are what keep the game alive and theres no disputing that fact..

super double edit: yes I obviously also want new players, id even and have said in the past I would donate towards getting this game advertised on steam

Adramelk

Postby Adramelk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:48 am

Keep it at 3 imo, minus gate fights/clan battles and oad areas.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:54 am

JadeFalcon wrote:I disagree with the premise that this is to protect new players.

New players will quit long before they get to lvl 16 to be pk'ed, killed by mobs. Just today, an old player from RoK joined in, and managed to die 4 times. Never to PK.
Ive seen the obits at times being filled with some guy being killed by a snake 5 times.

Most players that get killed 3 times (and again, this is very rare - unless they are silly or have a death wish) are veterans.

Honestly if your dying that often to level 16 you should ask for advice. I really don't think the game has any steep curve to the first few levels, and you can literally level up using quests for most of it. I see alot of newbies who venture out a bit too far thinking it's okay there. We could place signs that maybe give advice on the area (level wise) as an NPC and also 'directions' to help them out. But the other thing to do is to deal with XP. I can understand its frustrating to lose a ton of XP. How long does it take to get 1-2mil though at higher levels in general (I'm curious).

If your statement is that the obits never have 3 player kills in a row often, then there is no risk of this activating often, and its just a safety measure so the public can stop bugging staffers and we won't have to made judgments such as banning someone, based on what we feel is correct, right? Surely that alone is nice. To be blunt, I don't want to have to deal with it. It's nicer to say 'SORRY THATS HOW IT ROLLS'. The system itself makes the determination and we don't have to get involved.

There are a couple other things I'm doing though, for example, level 25ers in your party don't get a XP portion unless they kill it. So you can have someone helping you as long as they don't interfere with the kill. I already see people running around with 25'ers but its a hassle cause they don't party with them.

The idea is to promote PKKing too, there needs to be interest in defending chaps as well and for a leveler to not get gimped by a level 25'er who doesn't need the XP and often doesn't assist anyways.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:56 am

Adramelk wrote:Keep it at 3 imo, minus gate fights/clan battles and oad areas.

Wouldn't really effect 25'ers though. It's less risk for them I'd say IMO. I guess in that situation I'd rather just say staffers can deal with it if its overly excessive PKing'. Though we can activate it for everyone. However, if you go to defend yourself in terms of attacking someone, then your safety timer resets. You should literally have to die as a under level 24 often will.

Doesn't mean you can't heal yourself etc but you cant expect the system to protect you if you want to aggress, and die three times in a row.

Return to “Archive Chat”