Promoting guild diversity (to increase player activity/competition)

Adramelk

Re: Promoting guild diversity (to increase player activity/competition)

Postby Adramelk » Tue May 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Roc wrote:Maybe implement an upkeep charge to maintain guilds of x number of members (x = a number of members deemed as excessive) which gradually taps away at the guild's coffers. If the guild can't make the payment, to be made at an interval of time deemed appropriate, then it gets audited (or punished in some form or another.) Ideas for punishments:

A hefty fine - The guildies must aggregate their personal gold to pay off a sizable fine in order to keep the guild alive
Relinquish assets - cut guild members so that the total guild members are less than the value of x
Bankruptcy - The guild is dissolved

This would have the opposite effect you think it would. Smaller and less active guilds would be dissolved leaving only Silh at the mountaintop.

But no nonetheless. Upkeep ideas are fine with acquired bonus's, but that is a totally different topic.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue May 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Roc wrote:Bankruptcy - The guild is dissolved

<Silhouette>

Roc

Postby Roc » Tue May 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Adramelk wrote:
Roc wrote:Maybe implement an upkeep charge to maintain guilds of x number of members (x = a number of members deemed as excessive) which gradually taps away at the guild's coffers. If the guild can't make the payment, to be made at an interval of time deemed appropriate, then it gets audited (or punished in some form or another.) Ideas for punishments:

A hefty fine - The guildies must aggregate their personal gold to pay off a sizable fine in order to keep the guild alive
Relinquish assets - cut guild members so that the total guild members are less than the value of x
Bankruptcy - The guild is dissolved

This would have the opposite effect you think it would. Smaller and less active guilds would be dissolved leaving only Silh at the mountaintop.

But no nonetheless. Upkeep ideas are fine with acquired bonus's, but that is a totally different topic.

I'm not seeing the explanation as to why it would have the opposite effect. If said guilds are below x number of members, then they would not be charged upkeep. It could also be tiered if such was needed, but the main idea is to promote guilds smaller than x, and penalize those that go beyond.
Last edited by Roc on Tue May 09, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roc

Postby Roc » Tue May 09, 2017 10:53 pm

That said, I'm just throwing ideas out there. I don't currently think that it's lop-sided to the point of needing to implement a system that either gives a carrot to the smaller guilds and/or the stick to larger guilds. I ultimately think that nature will run its course, and that any guild that reaches a certain point will kill itself in a supernova of boredom. However, if the game does somehow go down that road without correcting itself, this could be a means of turning it around.

Miach

Postby Miach » Tue May 09, 2017 11:43 pm

Game's just not holding some of our guild members' attention.

Has nothing to do with leadership or putting the effort in.

Edit: This happens in any game where content is slowly pushed into the game. Fallout 4 bored me to death after a while until the DLC was available and by then I had already moved on. People always advance the content faster than it is made and then they crave more. When the craving isn't met fast enough then people get bored.

The future is going to be a rollercoaster effect where new content drops and people get more active, then drop into the lull until the cycle repeats.

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Wed May 10, 2017 2:45 am

Damn Jake, tell me how you really feel.

Edit to make an actual point:
First of all, we kill all guilds in primetime, but the big thing in this game is getting foreign players in guild. Currently(rough estimate only) Silh controls 50+% of non-Us time zone players. Not an excuse, but the one thing other games had to compete against it were time locks and other creative hurdles to help manually balance out power a bit. So even if yall manage 1-2 big oads say in morning/afternoon, again just an example here, the next guild would manage 1-2 big oads in the afternoon/night.

As builders(in my opinion) we should be taking note of the game/guild census more actively, so when we do feel the need to create more content, we can more accurately focus on spreading shit out. I may only speak for myself when I say, the concept of both areas are great now, but i feel like drops need to be nixed from refine when new areas start opening(since not all builders are as lazy as I am, and we got what 5 now?) Distributing the balance of item acquisition in theory across the game. Not all oads need to be 6 mans. Maybe even areas where partys over 3 people in their LIST cant enter until they reach appropriate party size. Could see some fun oad contention if we could get some real raw feedback. There are ideas already in the works(guild wars and shiz) for guild incentives, i think we need to stop using rok and NM as base guidelines as much and try to reinvent the genre. Players sometimes fail to realize how much impact there hasty words can hurt a playerbase.(not pointing fingers here ffs, ijs)

Now im hopped up on major nyquil, ill likely edit it our illiterate staff(mike) doesnt have to read, he can skim
HomeGrown

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed May 10, 2017 4:29 am

I disagree with most (all?) of you.

One of the big aspects of this game is the social component - getting to talk with other people, and do stuff with them.
That is hard because there are so few of us, even in Silo at times.
It would be extra harder if people where spread out in more clans. This means in my opinion that we should be clustered together in one or two clans, not have our player base spread out like little butter on too much bread.

PS: Jake, ginvite the people i want damnit!
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed May 10, 2017 4:49 am

JadeFalcon wrote:I disagree with most (all?) of you.

One of the big aspects of this game is the social component - getting to talk with other people, and do stuff with them.
That is hard because there are so few of us, even in Silo at times.
It would be extra harder if people where spread out in more clans. This means in my opinion that we should be clustered together in one or two clans, not have our player base spread out like little butter on too much bread.

PS: Jake, ginvite the people i want damnit!

Was thinking that myself; too few people for too many clans, bit I just focused on the mercenary aspect of people leaving/joining a clan just for power.

PS: @JF: Jake #1 is a douche. I say recruit [insert name here] I like [insert him/her/whatever gender you consider yourself to be or not to be here]! So many times I wanted someone in the clan, but Jake #1 is like "Nooooo We can't recruit anyone else it would make us too powerful, we need to keep the balance" (paraphrasing) and all this other hippy nonsense. Recruit the people I (eh we) like now! Worry about balance later!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed May 10, 2017 8:14 am

I think some of you guys think we do more OaDs than we actually do. We do events as much as possible but sadly the other guilds often do not seem to have much interest in them. For example guild wars could have been super fun but no one else wanted to do it. No incentives will change that type of attitude.

@JF/Daedroth - silence minions!

Also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silo

Those are things, every time someone says silo I'm triggered. Reeeeeeeee
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed May 10, 2017 8:47 am

Folder wrote:I think some of you guys think we do more OaDs than we actually do. We do events as much as possible but sadly the other guilds often do not seem to have much interest in them. For example guild wars could have been super fun but no one else wanted to do it. No incentives will change that type of attitude.

@JF/Daedroth - silence minions!

Also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silo

Those are things, every time someone says silo I'm triggered. Reeeeeeeee

Sorry master. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again, most profusely, for allowing me to join silo :D
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”