Ideas for additions to increase immersion in the game.

Eld

Re: Ideas for additions to increase immersion in the game.

Postby Eld » Mon May 15, 2017 3:20 am

I'm assuming only certain areas would get certain weather, when these weather affects are added the room description could be changed to weather neutral.

Or if you wanted to make it more complicated, have a section of the description change depending on if there's a weather condition, if it's nighttime, etc.

We already have night time monsters, and night time room pics, but i think the "sunny" descriptions stay the same

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon May 15, 2017 7:20 am

You would have to go by server time to set the weather conditions. But a daytime n nighttime would be easy

But instead of weather , your God or goddess favors which part of the day to give exp boost per div so it's balanced

But would be a nightmare graphics wise cause multiple pics would be needed or just it saying , server time hit x , it's raining etc

OR randomize var so it sets the mood for the day, if 5 div, randomize, 1 to 5 equals y, set weather for the day to by y var, so for the day it's that God or goddess time to shine

Oh look it's storming out, I should level storm div etc.

Edit

For graphics, make 5 pics with invisable, cant think of name atm , one for each div place weather pic on top of normal pic, then it could have a weather shown, but might collide with graphics in dungeons etc

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon May 15, 2017 8:10 am

Eld wrote:I'm assuming only certain areas would get certain weather, when these weather affects are added the room description could be changed to weather neutral.

Or if you wanted to make it more complicated, have a section of the description change depending on if there's a weather condition, if it's nighttime, etc.

We already have night time monsters, and night time room pics, but i think the "sunny" descriptions stay the same

Well, it would be outdoors but I think to be fair I'd still have it work everywhere. You might only get the message possibly when you're outside though. Aka rooms with a night time image would probably be okay for 95% of the messages I'd think.

It really doesn't need to be complex.

Adramelk

Postby Adramelk » Mon May 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Bonus exp in a specific "area" of the game possible? Revelation had that, it changed every 24 hours. I'm not Build so I don't if different areas are identified differently.

Example: /bexp Ruined Watchtower is bonus area of the day

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue May 16, 2017 10:48 am

How about Factions?

For example, in the canopia forest there are already "two factions", the loggers and the tree ents.
Doing quests for one should increase Reputation with that faction, to the point that the NPCs stop attacking (and granting exp).

Other factions could be introduced, such as "Royal supporters" vs "Arkanmaw Republicans", or "Saurian supremacists" vs "Halfling kingdom"

Shouldn't bee to hard, yes?
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue May 16, 2017 10:52 am

JadeFalcon wrote:How about Factions?

... "Saurian supremacists" vs "Halfling kingdom"

Maybe the "Saurian Halfling Gourmet Appreciation Club" (SHGAC) vs "Halfling Tender And Plump Society" (HTAPS)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Tue May 16, 2017 11:42 am

Mujahideen wrote:Some more npcs that move around in town, and some that can move around and attack out of town.

To expand on this a little further...

How about some random raids on the towns by marauding barbaric NPCs that are scripted to make laps around town a few times and attack everyone.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue May 16, 2017 11:52 am

Gonna throw this link as well, because it is also sort of immersion:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=774&p=5552#p5552
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lissy

Postby Lissy » Wed May 17, 2017 12:07 pm

daedroth wrote:
JadeFalcon wrote:How about Factions?

... "Saurian supremacists" vs "Halfling kingdom"

Maybe the "Saurian Halfling Gourmet Appreciation Club" (SHGAC) vs "Halfling Tender And Plump Society" (HTAPS)

yess yeeeeesssssssssss
Founding member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Enjoy a halfling monk served raw with a pinch of crushed red pepper for double the kick!

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:04 pm

I think we need to touch back on this. Good stuff here. I was about to say some of these things.

And more importantly, if we're going to ever adopt a system then builders need to start implementing that mind frame into their work so as to not have to go back and redo everything later.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Return to “Archive Chat”