One alt vs Two alts

How many characters should you be allowed to login at a time?

Poll ended at Fri May 19, 2017 8:34 pm

One
62%
Two
38%

Total votes: 29
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: One alt vs Two alts

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 4:46 pm

2 alts will make it harder for new players unless they have support from vets too. Voting 2 alts for leveling reasons is eh because you'll probably be hammered. I'd obviously have to make guardians have that nerf if everyone and their sisters gonna be using guardians as a sub alt too.

It works right now with no nerfs like old ROK style because it\s only one alt. Being a guardian has its benefit of that now.

Jalilah

Postby Jalilah » Tue May 16, 2017 4:53 pm

There is no reason to nerf guards, you put them in a game for a reason if they cant be used to that reason then take them out. just saying

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Jalilah wrote:There is no reason to nerf guards, you put them in a game for a reason if they cant be used to that reason then take them out. just saying

But that's what I'm saying, I'm not nerfing guards because of how it works now with the char limit.

Jalilah

Postby Jalilah » Tue May 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Why change it to where a guard gets smacked every time while protecting? why change it to where it doesn't rely on the guards agi if they are protecting? theres a lot of why questions I could ask but simple fact is, is that I'm not gonna debate this here with you.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 5:23 pm

Jalilah wrote:Why change it to where a guard gets smacked every time while protecting? why change it to where it doesn't rely on the guards agi if they are protecting? theres a lot of why questions I could ask but simple fact is, is that I'm not gonna debate this here with you.

What are you talking about? You aren't reading my posts right.

I am saying that guardians don't get a nerf while protecting. And that's not changing with the current way alts are. Right now, there is 0 nerf, and it's staying like that with the 1 char limit. Aka NOTHING is changing.

What are you talking about that guards suddenly lose agi and get smacked/etc. Where did this even come from :|

Jalilah

Postby Jalilah » Tue May 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Told you I'm not debating this here if you want an explanation then come find me I'm done on forums I'm not debating any more on here. you simply stated if you were to increase the limit you would nerf guards that's where this is coming from though.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 16, 2017 7:53 pm

But I'm not increasing the limit so guards are ok.

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue May 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Just atm we don't have many guilds, if 2 alts then small guild could potentially do oads. Thereby alow wing small guilds to grow hopefully.

This for nothing , votes have it for 1 alt

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 am

Jalilah wrote:Personally, I have to agree with a comment styx made earlier in the post, about lvling at night. Also much easier to lvl a Sorc or Necro late at night with a guard present.

My chanter was the easiest alt to level (and so was my necro while I was levelling him) and I have levelled about 90% solo with all my alts...
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Wed May 17, 2017 7:22 am

Voted for 2, imo it would promote more pvp because some people claim hits hard to pk solo, if hits hard pk in a party? Most do now anyway and that brings me to my next point.

A solo lvlr or even a party of three people have no way of protecting themselves till those higher lvls and even then there are a few slayer pkrs that can 1 round you. Having someone who has lvld a guard/priest in the party while they are lvling there own char would be nice.

Solo lvlrs, its hard to find a party for those people who play at non peak hours, having the option to log another character would be very nice for that.

Smaller guilds could run oads with 3 people on, 6 chars max party. They could also pvp against those bigger, stronger guilds.

I could think of a ton of other reasons but I need to get to work so...

PS: The only people I think that wouldnt like a 2 char system are those in bigger guilds, that solo pk or dont level and dont understand the roughness at times, so their votes shouldnt count. :?
------------------------------------------------------------
Krange - Ninja
Hanibal - Slayer
Hannibal - Zerker
Krang - Ninja
Zann - Guard
WarLock - Deathmage
Dexk - Cav

Return to “Archive Chat”