One alt vs Two alts

How many characters should you be allowed to login at a time?

Poll ended at Fri May 19, 2017 8:34 pm

One
62%
Two
38%

Total votes: 29
daedroth

Re: One alt vs Two alts

Postby daedroth » Mon May 15, 2017 8:35 am

Done now. Went with 1, although 2 was tempting, I miss having my own portable healer.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lissy

Postby Lissy » Mon May 15, 2017 11:51 am

JadeFalcon wrote:I must say: When i started Ember i thought i would dislike it because of the inability to play two alts.

But after playing it for 6 months now... i must ask: Why is this even a question?? The system as is works great, very well balanced.
No fixin' what ain't broken.

exactly this.
Founding member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Enjoy a halfling monk served raw with a pinch of crushed red pepper for double the kick!

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Mon May 15, 2017 12:52 pm

I voted for 1 alt, because I think 2 characters is enough. Having a main and 2 alts might be too much.

But I am curious as to why there isn't a vote for having no alts vs allowing one.

In role-playing games, an alternate character, often referred to in slang as alt, alt char, or less commonly multi, is a character in addition to one's "primary" or "Main" player character.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_character

:mrgreen:
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Mon May 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Without alts, I am not currently sure how you can get to where you can scale a couple top level OaDs that can be done solo without giving characters more ridiculous abilities such as healing and mana regeneration after food/drink and without the OaD being too easy.

I hope someone can prove me wrong.

I've never been one to join big clans, I despise everyone in game, especially you; I don't want to have to join a big clan just to get equipment, that's so fake.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon May 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Alt in this case is how many your allowed to play at one time total in the game. It is not you pick only one person for the existence of your life.

And since so many are so good they need to go level on Draco in dreads alone. It is doable but this will let the others learn the difficulty. Or just do a simple oad and solo it. You must solo cause there is no people on playing at that time.

Most people's experience is when they can have larger parties running around during the daytime hours and with the party exp gain.

Go solo leveling etc then give a real answer.

Atm the true major problem Imo is we need not just a more active player base with some but more actual people playing. If we increased the actual number of people then guilds will increase, stopping the complaining of not enough active or enough guilds. It will then make the non active guild people whom just gate sit become more active.

Events would jump cause there would be a huge jump in numbers. The true amount of leveling areas and cities would need built to accommodate the population.

Go look at the numerous posts in this forum site with what should be the same answer, we need the population to increase and still some even say it almost directly.

This is the true problem we should all, and I mean everyone, should do what is needed, so it will be funner.

tonk

Postby tonk » Tue May 16, 2017 1:39 pm

I vote for two. With some crits it's hard to level on your own. Having two crits would make it better

Jalilah

Postby Jalilah » Tue May 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Personally, I have to agree with a comment styx made earlier in the post, about lvling at night. Also much easier to lvl a Sorc or Necro late at night with a guard present.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue May 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Jalilah wrote:Personally, I have to agree with a comment styx made earlier in the post, about lvling at night. Also much easier to lvl a Sorc or Necro late at night with a guard present.

You guys that want 2 characters for easier leveling need to keep in mind that players will have dual slayers / chanters etc... Youll get rounded every time there wont be a chance to run just a heads up :popcorn:

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue May 16, 2017 3:58 pm

At night active number of player is null, your time during the daytime very active.

I have logged during the day time and yelled let's do gy, I can get 6 all willing to do gy.

At night it's normal to log and level with anyone even if it's against clan rules aka your at war with to have another person to level with.

Even if it's just night gets double exp bonus like old rok then peeps make fire div etc, the exp gain needs to be random so anyone has a chance to level their alt they want.

Daytime people have the fun, the dedicated people come at night cause they are alone

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue May 16, 2017 4:07 pm

I just wanna say plenty of people level alone during the day too. Not really sure where this whole "people only level in big groups" thing came from, it's not black and white here.

Anyways still voting for 1 alt. If 2 alts I'll level slayers and PKing will be interesting :D.
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”