NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu May 25, 2017 8:55 am

Hey guys! Wanted to make a post about some of the changes.

First off, a lot of drop rates were changed. Low/Medium rare and up monsters have higher drop rates. Level 25 OAD bosses typically will always drop a level 25 blue now and averaging a purple item 6-7 runs. (1/6th or 1/7th). We wanted to make sure bosses at level 25 are different from the typical rare monster drop, which is typically green max at level 25.

We also adjusted Embers. All regular monsters have their drop rates increased 2-2.5x. Rare/Key/Boss monsters have been adjusted a good deal and Key/Boss are far higher drop rates, so it's worth running them. Level 25 monsters have a very low chance to drop 4% embers as well now.

Humming items now have a double chance of appearing, at 10%. Check the development log for more details on the percentage changes.

These changes should really help out overall and make running OADs better. We are still working on some changes and figuring out the best method for everything though.

////

PP items have a chance of becoming humming now at the same rates as a item dropped by a monster. It will state this on buy. This should keep PP items interesting as well for a little longer. Obviously we have more coming, and they will all continue having this effect. We will not be reimbursing anyone for a random chance at buying for previous purchases. It is what it is.

////

Experience loss has been adjusted and now scales depending on your deaths that hour. Right now maximum is 1 million lost, second death is 650k, and third death is 300k. On top of this, there is an immunity system. It pretty much prevents you from being pked more than 3 times per hour. I doubt it will occur many times, but it's a safety measure.It however does base it off ANY deaths, which is okay.

With the immunity system also comes areas where the immunity won't take into effect. We are still adding it to some areas but most key/oad areas are already set. Expect to die regardless if you are immune or not. Further, if you are a guardian protecting someone and are immune, you can still be attacked via players attacking who you are protecting. Unless you are both immune, you are vulnerable. This is for exploit reasons. If you attack a player at all, your immunity is reset, regardless if you are immune or not. Basically, every attack on a player resets you to 0 deaths and no immunity.

I don't expect the system to activate so much, but I think it's a fine prevention measure just in case, and avoids needing staffers to deal with the issue as it's done automatically now.

////

Level 25s do not reduce party experience UNLESS they kill the monster now. So you can have a buddy or two with you for protection without hurting your own experience. It should allow PKKing to be more viable at least this way.

////

Obscuration Potion are added. They do not make you invisible however they prevent you from being tracked. They last 2 minutes and cost 200. I originally changed the track timer down to 2 minutes, but with the potions, it\s raised to 5 minutes which I think is fair enough.

////

Rangers have had a change. So obviously you lost your old pets. Any old soul gems are invalid now. Sell them or use them so they explode.

Regarding Pets:
One benefit now is that if I do adjust monsters, they are adjusted dynamically based on some formulas. For example, if a monster has 10 max strength, and you caught it at 8 strength, thats 80%. If I one day raise it\s strength, lets say to 20 max strength. Your pet will now have 16 strength, aka 80%. Very simple and works for adjustments very easily! So I don't think we have to wipe ranger pets anymore unless something is really broken.

Pet 100% efficiency is based on 20 charisma now, not 23. You can go past 20 charisma and it will still go higher. Each charisma higher or lower than 20 charisma is 2.5% more/less. At 23 charisma, you are look at a pet who is 107.5% efficient in terms of its stats.

Pet healing is higher now too, specially out of combat. You do not use yarrow leaves anymore, they are removed. If you have no pet out and heal, it will split the healing to any pets that need it. They must be alive though. Similar, revive was adjusted. Revive works in combat now, and puts the pet at 1HP. It also only requires one turn as well rather then a full round.

Pet gear scales now, we have some weaker gear at lower levels which is cost affordable. They obviously give weaker stats then the current gear, but they can be unequipped and sold for some cost recovered. There was also a few special skills added, like beam/leech. We will work on some unique caster pets too that should benefit these more, though I know there are some pets with decent intelligence already too.

Pets (and summons) can be spawned in cities, and move around with you in cities. You equip and can unequip rather than destroy pet gear in cities.

Pets that are capture-able have far higher chances for capture at lower levels. The more charisma you have, the better. It can generally increase your chances to a little over double.

Regarding Arrows:
Arrows do not give a set damage anymore. The damage of the highest arrow (which was a jagged arrow) was 2 min 1 max. It has been added to ALL bows. So all bows got a damage boost. Arrows now give a critical chance now however. Typically arrows give lower chances but higher damage multipliers, and bolts (once we add more) will have higher chances but lower damage multipliers. I think it's a pretty OK change and allows rangers to have at least the set damage without using arrows.

////

There are now class/area exp/gold boosts. We will try to do one class a month, and balance it as we go like we did for rangers. Areas will probably be a weekend thing, and will create level and PK hot spots. XP and gold do NOT stack in this regard, as it would be a bit too extreme right now to do so. So if there is for some reason an area and class booster in effect, the higher one will take charge.

////

/togglewho was added, so far it seems to be OK. Right now I don't see any issues with it but if it is a problem we will make some adjustments. I have some ideas for it if we need to limit it, for example, you can only use it for X hour(s). We'll leave it to the player for now though and just keep watch.

NPC Kills do not save in your profile until after you log. People could before watch you via NPC Kills, and if it was going higher, they know you were leveling typically. It updates only at logout. Your deaths do not raise if a NPC kills you now as well. K/D is PVP only now.

////

Event staffers got some nice commands to allow them to randomize better. Match up tools and random listings are now a thing. It will output to the whole room so everyone can see. This should people at rest when it comes to randomization though 8)

////

The multiple 'death' bug should be fixed now too. If you die more than once in a row due to poison, burn, etc. Let me know ASAP. I am hoping that it is finally resolved though!

////

Inventory dropping, giving, or using items now will take from last inventory slots and go backwards when using the text commands. If someone sees using items taking from the start, let me know as it might be a script I missed. Generally should be OK though.

////

Quests can now have paragon or renegade points. Items can require a certain amount to be equipped as well. If this takes off I will add it to the GUI though. The idea is to make quests more interesting using a good/evil system. I think we can make some cool things with it anyways.

////

The client default interface has been reskinned. There are also some new hotkeys, in a vault, use middle mouse to quick deposit or withdraw items. You can use CTRL+Q through CTRL+T to cycle through all your chat windows too now.

////

There are a lot more things, such as key locks that limit party member counts, obit adjustments to have weapons sometimes, etc etc. The dev log has a lot of the specific details. Too much to really talk about anyways 8)

Hope you guys enjoyed it. Besides the first few hours it's seems to be stable now and I'm happy with it so far. We are still adjusting as we speak, but I will probably be working on MR changes next, and possibly seeing about an auction system.

I will also be re-releasing the crimson dragon and having a small event for the item 'Sword of Sorrows'. Been promising that for awhile and I apologize for the delays.

Thanks!

Folder

Re: 1.6.0.0

Postby Folder » Thu May 25, 2017 9:17 am

Some great QoL changes, thanks for all the work! :D
<Silhouette>

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 am

Cheers :)

I have a question:
"Quests can now have paragon or renegade points. Items can require a certain amount to be equipped as well. If this takes off I will add it to the GUI though. The idea is to make quests more interesting using a good/evil system. I think we can make some cool things with it anyways. "

Does this mean existing quests? What about if i finished them all in a 25er, for example?
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 25, 2017 1:25 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:Cheers :)

I have a question:
"Quests can now have paragon or renegade points. Items can require a certain amount to be equipped as well. If this takes off I will add it to the GUI though. The idea is to make quests more interesting using a good/evil system. I think we can make some cool things with it anyways. "

Does this mean existing quests? What about if i finished them all in a 25er, for example?

Good point. Might have to only add them to new quests so it's fair for people that have already done the current ones.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu May 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Lateralus wrote:
JadeFalcon wrote:Cheers :)

I have a question:

Good point. Might have to only add them to new quests so it's fair for people that have already done the current ones.

Not really. I doubt we'll be adding a whole lot of quests left. To be honest we have 140 quests, it's getting close to a point of maximum. Would be better to eventually reset quests. Let them do it again, not a big deal for 25ers but I'm not so ready to do that yet. I think we need to make quests a little more interesting though too before that anyways. Aint much for Renegade atm and we shouldn't just be spamming the game with quests.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri May 26, 2017 3:45 am

Just my opinion, but i am fine redoing the quests and foregoing rewards if need be.

(ill just ask, can you please please reduce the void fragment requirments? :P)
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 26, 2017 4:58 am

1.6.0.2 will go in today and I think most bugs are now resolved.

Will be starting other things now, but taking it easy a couple days :P

Reaper

Postby Reaper » Fri May 26, 2017 9:40 pm

1 mil exp loss for pk's + anti track potions + can have lvl 25's in party while lvling? Well I guess the pve'ers got what they wanted.

I think that the potions should be removed from the game. That's a little insane imo. It makes it too hard to find people/no real loss on killing someone. 1 mil exp loss is nothing. I'm 100% for diminishing exp loss, even drastically after the first kill, but the initial death seems a bit low. I also like the immunity system that you talked about as well.

If this stuff helps the game grow and appeals to more people that's great. Unfortunately, my personal interest with the current anti pk measures has diminished greatly. The potion basically took the main factor that contributes to my enjoyment of the game and flips it on its head. Then again, there aren't a ton of active pkers, so it makes sense to stray away from pking and appeal to the majority.

Hopefully some of these measures get nerfed and pking can be funs again soon.

Edit: Edited to be more cohesive, the original post was typed on my phone lol.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat May 27, 2017 3:44 am

Reaper wrote: ... [message] ...

What ^ he said. Although I rarely ever pk, I think it is a little much.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat May 27, 2017 8:06 am

Reaper wrote:1 mil exp loss for pk's + anti track potions + can have lvl 25's in party while lvling? Well I guess the pve'ers got what they wanted.

I think that the potions should be removed from the game. That's a little insane imo. It makes it too hard to find people/no real loss on killing someone. 1 mil exp loss is nothing. I'm 100% for diminishing exp loss, even drastically after the first kill, but the initial death seems a bit low. I also like the immunity system that you talked about as well.

If this stuff helps the game grow and appeals to more people that's great. Unfortunately, my personal interest with the current anti pk measures has diminished greatly. The potion basically took the main factor that contributes to my enjoyment of the game and flips it on its head. Then again, there aren't a ton of active pkers, so it makes sense to stray away from pking and appeal to the majority.

Hopefully some of these measures get nerfed and pking can be funs again soon.

Edit: Edited to be more cohesive, the original post was typed on my phone lol.

I don't think people are drinking anti tracking potions all over the place though, they cost 200 gold and last 2 minutes. You would be broke if you using them religiously. The timer for tracking was raised back to what it was originally as well. But I don't think people are using the potions as much as you think they are.

Depends for the 1mil, This was more something that was come up based on what everyone was saying. I think losing 1mil + gold + some items is pretty taxing on itself. I'll make a poll though about it.

The death immunity thing is nice but it's a pretty eh thing too. Not many people die 3 times in a row overall. It's just a security thing really.

Return to “Archive Chat”