Obscuration Potion

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Obscuration Potion

Postby NiteHawk » Sat May 27, 2017 3:40 pm

That's a possibility. Honestly it might of been bigger to start but I don't see much people buying them now and I've been tracking fine. I like them being tactical like this but for 10 seconds worth I don't think they should cost anything over 100 gold. What would be the stack amount? Is 10 seconds too short? maybe 20 seconds, or 16 seconds (two rounds). I do like the idea though. Let's hash it out more.

Reaper

Postby Reaper » Sun May 28, 2017 12:59 am

I agree, I don't see them being used as much now. I'm finding people easy enough. I think the novelty kind of wore off.

You can get pretty far in ten seconds, but 16 is equally fine I think. Maybe 15 seconds in stacks of 4? That would put it at the 1 minute mark but make them less of a drink and forget type deal when traveling.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun May 28, 2017 4:48 am

Reaper wrote:I agree, I don't see them being used as much now. I'm finding people easy enough. I think the novelty kind of wore off.

You can get pretty far in ten seconds, but 16 is equally fine I think. Maybe 15 seconds in stacks of 4? That would put it at the 1 minute mark but make them less of a drink and forget type deal when traveling.

15 seconds is good. Maybe 100 gold, 15 seconds, stack of 4. yeah.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Sun May 28, 2017 11:23 pm

Am glad something like this Obsc pot (in whatever final form) has been introduced because basically tracking was too effective before due to the way the world map is layed out (it's basically 1 big spine from Arkan to Huldar that you cant avoid traversing on when changing levelling areas... So you could always be re-found)

Now if the world map had different ways to get to places (eg Huldar was linked to Alderra via raiders vale etc to provide alternative route to Turen) then these wouldn't be needed as much

I don't think PKing has been nerfed too much by latest changes... I still see JF tracking ppl well and even using latest changes to his advantage (eg hiding the fact that Tyrargo is online from others) ... Change is just never easy at first but i do think it was needed in order to give newbs a chance to feel like they can get away from a stalking pker (cos even if it's as rare to kill them by landing a double bs as Reaper suggested elsewhere, the failed attempt still effectively stops them from levelling and they might just decide to log off and not play now without something like the Obsc pot)

Just my 2 cents

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon May 29, 2017 11:40 am

anthriel wrote:Am glad something like this Obsc pot (in whatever final form) has been introduced because basically tracking was too effective before due to the way the world map is layed out (it's basically 1 big spine from Arkan to Huldar that you cant avoid traversing on when changing levelling areas... So you could always be re-found)

Now if the world map had different ways to get to places (eg Huldar was linked to Alderra via raiders vale etc to provide alternative route to Turen) then these wouldn't be needed as much

I don't think PKing has been nerfed too much by latest changes... I still see JF tracking ppl well and even using latest changes to his advantage (eg hiding the fact that Tyrargo is online from others) ... Change is just never easy at first but i do think it was needed in order to give newbs a chance to feel like they can get away from a stalking pker (cos even if it's as rare to kill them by landing a double bs as Reaper suggested elsewhere, the failed attempt still effectively stops them from levelling and they might just decide to log off and not play now without something like the Obsc pot)

Just my 2 cents

I think it's good as it is now. I'm pretty happy with the way it works and now it's more of a tactical use thing too. I do agree we could do with a path. Originally I wanted to make a highway that merged one side to it to make a complete circle. Who knows, future maybe.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue May 30, 2017 7:40 am

anthriel wrote:I I still see JF tracking ppl well and even using latest changes to his advantage (eg hiding the fact that Tyrargo is online from others) ... Change is just never easy at first but i do think it was needed in order to give newbs a chance to feel like they can get away from a stalking pker (cos even if it's as rare to kill them by landing a double bs as Reaper suggested elsewhere, the failed attempt still effectively stops them from levelling and they might just decide to log off and not play now without something like the Obsc pot)

Just my 2 cents

STALKER!
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Return to “Archive Chat”