No, shorter duration
20%
No, better potions.
15%

Total votes: 20
Tucker

Re: Potion Timers

Postby Tucker » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:11 am

Hanibal wrote:Problem with the current system you cant pvp without a priest, most parties run two which imo isnt pvp its a slaughter.

Not everyone can play a priest, it takes skills and a fast isp. Even in fights with no priests one side only needs one extra attacker to win, just my personal observation.

There a few ways of fixing this, better pots, shorter timer or only allow one priest in the party and make it so it cant heal non partied members, just a few thoughts.

If you can ever group PVP without a Priest equally or better than a group with a Priest then you've effectively ruined the class. Like why would anyone play a class that is only used on OADs?

I have thought that Priests are almost too strong at healing and too necessary in group anything - but the way to fix that isn't by buffing potions a ton I think. It'd be done by nerfing healing a very very small amount (like 7-8 points average or something small).

I think if the potions timer was reduced by like a second or so it'd be fine but I'm fairly happy with the current pot system.

Also yeah playing priest is easily the most difficult class to play by far - but you don't need a fast ISP at all. Have you ever looked at the network connections the game uses? It's absolutely nothing, in fact I'd wager to say it might even be playable on like 56k or something comical. If you're having network troubles with the game then someone is torrenting or streaming on your pipe and hogging everything.

Stronger pots would be fine but I'd keep it from going over 300 per heal. I don't think there are any above 250 that I've seen but I think either making one expensive max pot could be at 280-300 or lowering the pot cd by 1 sec would be fine. A minor tweak to pots would be useful but it'd need to be kept minimal.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:44 am

Yea I think it's fine and even could go higher to 10. It's pretty hard to solo pk someone if they are your level. It's pretty much a wait for pots to run out unless you are a lucky slayer.

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:38 am

Potions work as is, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Later on for 25 plus we can consider more advanced potions but will be set so only 25 plus usable.

Return to “Archive Chat”