World Walker - Crafting Items Question

Miach

Re: World Walker - Crafting Items Question

Postby Miach » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Folder wrote:I feel it's closer to 2-3 weeks to die maybe? His HP is much lower but it's very contested so a number of days it barely takes any damage because we are just fighting each other.

I'm pretty sure we have approximately 30 shards saved. I would push for them to cost 15 at least, perhaps 20. This is my opinion and preference but I think the items should be rarer and better as opposed to more common and just mildly better.

PS, fix burn plz and ty. It still sux :P

I'm the opposite I don't think the items should heavily outscale other items. I say they're cheaper so more people can have them, and they aren't as powerful. Top OaD with a little burn damage is fine.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:27 pm

I would argue people need something to aspire to. There are no quest items, this is as good as it gets. If the best items require months of effort and are -barely- better than OaDs...?? That makes no sense to me.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:43 am

Give grades.
Higher the grade the higher the scale cost, the better the item.
3 Grades: inferior - normal - superior. Each one better than the last, but costing more.

This will cater for everyone. Although I am willing to bet money (well not really) that pretty much everyone will go for the best :D

The simplest way would be to have the grade based on an enchantment (think embers) - instead of needing to make 3 different kinds of weapons/armour for each of the various armour/weapon types.
But once the item is made, the enchantment is fixed and unchangeable.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:17 am

Depends on how powerful the crafted item is :D

Dragon is a team effort, but only 1 player can benefit from the crafted weapon, so as far as i am concerned, its an inglorious effort for most of us. That said, if the weapon* is powerful enough (lets say, equal to 400pp), it should take six months to be done - I believe a committed player would take six months to get 400pp, so its fair a committed player should take 6 months to get a drake weapon.

Scale this time down proportionally depending on the power of the weapon.

*weapon or armor, just giving an example.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Cyrus

Postby Cyrus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:40 am

JadeFalcon wrote:Depends on how powerful the crafted item is :D

Dragon is a team effort, but only 1 player can benefit from the crafted weapon, so as far as i am concerned, its an inglorious effort for most of us. That said, if the weapon* is powerful enough (lets say, equal to 400pp), it should take six months to be done - I believe a committed player would take six months to get 400pp, so its fair a committed player should take 6 months to get a drake weapon.

Scale this time down proportionally depending on the power of the weapon.

*weapon or armor, just giving an example.

That doesn't make sense. It takes 1 player 6 months to get 400PP, fine. But if it takes 6-12 people to kill the dragon continuously over a week, then it should be a 6th or 12th of your proposed 6 months, 1.e. 1 month to 2 weeks.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:47 am

Cyrus wrote:
That doesn't make sense. It takes 1 player 6 months to get 400PP, fine. But if it takes 6-12 people to kill the dragon continuously over a week, then it should be a 6th or 12th of your proposed 6 months, 1.e. 1 month to 2 weeks.

If it *only* takes a weak to kill the dragon, then the weapon that can be crafted needs to be alot weaker than a 400pp item.
Im just trying to pinpoint the effort vs power balance here.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Eld

Postby Eld » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:19 am

Are you able to search the game database to see how many scales are in game at the moment and how they're distributed?

i feel 15 is too low, i don't know if 20 is too low too.

25 might be right? hard to know without analysing how many are in game atm and how long it took to get to this point.

Paul's idea of having multiple levels of items you can craft is interesting, but not sure if it's worth implementing.

30 second bind seems about right from what I've seen, not too long, not too short.

Any chance of giving one of these items use to a priest? Hammer with extra heal power?
Some sort of armour?

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:39 am

With the current drop rate and power I feel
About 20-25 is fair. It is a team effort but only 1 person benefits from months of work. As folder said 1 can would have enough ATM and none others are even close. Then again not everyone should have the best items otherwise they really are not the best.

The one problem I see with having 5 div dragons is That it takes 2-3 months to make 1 div item but once you start alternating spawns across 5 divs it might take a year to make one of a certain div. hopefully there will be some kind of scale trader that takes a cut or something? Otherwise I don't think you'll see many of them but maybe that's the plan.

Return to “Archive Chat”