Player Houses/Funding

daedroth

Re: Player Houses/Funding

Postby daedroth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:41 am

NiteHawk wrote: ... Being able to warp to your house from any city might be too much easy mode dae. Maybe I am wrong, but that would mean instead of a key you'd get some sort of warp scroll or something that works like that. The only issue is I 'don't' want ease storage for gold. If clan houses are similar we'd need to figure something out for that so its not a free gold pass or the clan houses can actually be built in the world anywhere. Dunno yet on that, taking ideas.

Well I was thinking an amulet and only from the city where you decided your house would be. But something else you said made me think of something else I half thought of.
Have a square in each city with a landlord. This will be where you "buy" your home (this square will represent an apartment block). You could go to the landlord of the city where you wanted your home to be and get the house from him/her. The landlord could also give out other information related to the housing. It is also from there you could "warp" to your house. Maybe even by just using a key? Key will warp you to the house it is assigned to. Sb'd to user off course. Could have a message "You walk through the apartment to your room." "You have arrived at your house."
As for the key cutting etc, well whatever. Caveat to the person handing out their keys, your choice; no crying if they give a copy to a person who then loots your house. Tell the police!
I think the houses should come with a cellar that has a giant rat in it.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:35 am

Ye lazy bastardos.
No warping to your house. Walk there, like everyone else.

For me to buy a house, it needs to give me advantages i cant find anywhere else.
- Extended vault
- Access to all my gold
- a garden that gives me special potions once every week, or something to that effect
- A crafter that gives me items every week (very small % of actually getting something worth it)

Yes we can buy this for IRL cash.
I'd also buy custom descriptions and images.
Also, perhaps we can have a "trade in" shop where you put in your regular oad, and it comes back with your own personal description (for gold).

Whatever you might decide, it needs to be automated, though. You cant risk getting swamped with people sending you money, then asking for stuff, you'd probably get too much on your hands.

You should also run a "funding marathon" similar to what Wikipedia runs.
And so forth.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Eld wrote:Wrote this this morning and only clicking send now:

Would also be nice if there were ways to pimp your house out.
Not sure what form this would take, couple of ideas :

-Different room types i.e. special mana regen rooms, a basic shop
-Different room images
-Some kind of customisable furniture? not sure how this would actually be implemented

Maybe you'd get more customisable options based on higher donation amounts or based on having donated for a longer period.

Furnature could be npcs or something just so it looks fancy, dunno :P

Room images kinda will let them pick whatever but we should have a nice list of rooms.

Different room types were planned but stores are prob gonna be clan houses only.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:05 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:Ye lazy bastardos.
No warping to your house. Walk there, like everyone else.

For me to buy a house, it needs to give me advantages i cant find anywhere else.
- Extended vault
- Access to all my gold
- a garden that gives me special potions once every week, or something to that effect
- A crafter that gives me items every week (very small % of actually getting something worth it)

Yes we can buy this for IRL cash.
I'd also buy custom descriptions and images.
Also, perhaps we can have a "trade in" shop where you put in your regular oad, and it comes back with your own personal description (for gold).

Whatever you might decide, it needs to be automated, though. You cant risk getting swamped with people sending you money, then asking for stuff, you'd probably get too much on your hands.

You should also run a "funding marathon" similar to what Wikipedia runs.
And so forth.

I'm not sure anything donated can be seen as being automated. I'm here most of the days so it's NP to deal. I will however make it painless for me with one command line process per request that sets up everything.

I'm not sure about the access to all gold. Maybe only in THAT location you can withdraw from all vaults to that current cities bank, but it wouldn't be that you can access all your gold everywhere. I don't like universal banks but if its only in one location it might be OK. There might be abuse in that though where people share to get universal banks so that might not be a good idea, unless that portion is only locked to the person who bought the house's account. Something like that.

I think the whole 'one spot to enter any house' would suffice though, but would be per city. So if you owned house 100 then you'd type enter 100 or enter house 100. something like that. Keeps the maps less messy, and still allows for it to be only per city etc.

killa

Postby killa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:23 am

Like Trump Tower. 1 Entrance. You got a key (apt number) amulet or somethin. You can give keys away whatever to friends. Trust the friends you give to, maybe they have access to all maybe not, maybe they access all but vault requires a password. Per city. Choose your city of residence :D Whatever nobody cares wtf I say anyone nobody even responds lol blah blah blah. at least ill buy shit if its for sale in game, tho

Eld

Postby Eld » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Just had an idea that might be cool, bare with me.
This could either apply to player houses, clan houses or both.

I've been thinking of ways we could introduce horde/onslaught/etc. modes from Gears of War/Battlefield and ways we can introduce raiding of houses.

I'm also thinking of how in FTL and AC Black Flag you breach other people's ships and spoken about this on Discord a bit.

How about players could pimp their houses and turn it into a challenge for other players to breach it.
They'd have a series of options for defences, maybe they unlock more with larger donation amounts.
They could choose monsters in certain rooms, they could have reinforced doorways, an automated catapult, traps, etc.

The defending player chooses the reward bounty at the heart of their house that a player gets if they defeat it.
Players would have to pay gold to attempt the gauntlet and if they lose the defender gets it.

Or maybe have a trophy system similar to clash of clans where more defences/breaches gives you a higher trophy count.

This could also be done for guild houses, maybe the attackers could have monsters on their side too to increase the difficulty and as a way of balancing between stronger/weaker guilds.

It's obviously important to avoid pay to win, so if we offer different defences as a donation perk then these should either be cosmetic, or they should be obtainable in other ways.

Return to “Archive Chat”