Never Ending Shard Hunt

Sicx

Re: Never Ending Shard Hunt

Postby Sicx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:16 pm

I believe I have a good lockpicking idea. But I'll post it in a separate thread.

Also: I'm digging these ideas and I like where we're headed. I was busy with the map and a few other things to get involved here. Finishing reading now.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1881
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:14 am

Terron wrote:thats why i put a minimum cap of attackers at 1, if defender logs on you its just a free obliteration lol. the 1 attacker would map out the entire area, kill every npc, and wound boss all in 1 trip. the odds are in the defenders favor it should remain that way so no-one would log.
remember you join guilds to be an active part of the clans history. logging wont make your friends happy.

i dont think shards that are currently set in a guild should be able to be stolen at all. i think successful raids should remove shards from their clan storage as rewards not steal the current. the current shards would just deteriorate over a period of time or by failing defending your banner repeatedly. hence the raid life idea wouldn't screw over a raider at all.

the more complicated the raid system ends up, the less successful it will be. you can attest that by logging on dozens of MMO's and look for yourself.

Yeah I get the defender/attacker thing and that's a fine idea.

Unfort I don't see eye to eye with the shards, they'll be able to pick one shard from the system as a reward for beating them. Not all of them though. I want the shards being passed back and forth, which is fine to me.

We'll stick to the banner idea since people seem to like that though. It's easier in the end too anyways for me to do.

I do agree about complexity though. It does need to be simple overall. Pretty much pick lock, raid guild, kill boss, kill banner. With some small things in between. I think the boss could simply /protect the banner and that is also possible for NPCs to do since skills/spells work on entities, and any npc or player is an entity. We need to know what the player can and can't do for the guild dungeon. Would their be traps, additional npcs, etc.

If we ever do adjust lockpicking (Sicx's idea) it would probably be afterwards. Thing is, it needs to be text friendly too because I know some players who literally use text only. Most is actually achievable with text commands, though lacking some things.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:02 am

if u want the shards passed back and forth it can be so, personally i dont like the idea of raiding someone to get a shard that's 75% used up, which is why i suggested the "vault storage" shards get dispersed to raiders.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”