The Dungeon Keeper

Sicx

The Dungeon Keeper

Postby Sicx » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 pm

Here, I give you, the Thunder Dome. You may enter.. for a price.

You shall have 3 different lvls of entering the Thunder Dome.
1.) lvl 15 (Must have at least 3 players in your party between the lvls of 15-19)
2.) lvl 20 (Must have at least 4 players in your party between the lvls of 20-24)
3.) lvl 25 (Must have at least 5 players in your party lvl 25)

To enter the Thunder Dome every player must be holding said item/or amount of gold, etc, whatever. You figure it out.

You may do this event any time you wish. The level you select will populate the Thunder Dome with mobs worthy of the level you have selected, and be of the element of the square you have entered. The map will be populated, and every square you enter will have to finish off every mob before you pass on. Good luck finding the square the boss is on.

Amongst this large Thunder Dome, there will be a boss. Simple enough for NiteHawk to make a .randomSquare event to randomly place a boss on one of these 320 Squares. The Boss will vary depending on which square he is placed on, and his element and level will depend on A.) What square he was randomly placed on.(IF random.boss.square = ice/fire/blah/blah, create Fireman, the awesome stupid name fire boss, if it's a red square. etc. and IF player level=15-19, create.Fireman lvl 19.)

Here, kiddies. Bosses drop cool shit. I'd have NiteHawk come up with Lore behind each God and decide which one drops which type of weapons/armor. That way it's completely random when you enter. Fire God drops Axes or something, and heavy armor. You spent 20 minutes with 2+ friends to figure out, "Oh, shit.. I didn't want this boss. It's the Fire boss!"

Well, kill him, get your shit, and lvl an alt.
Enjoy your new game.

**EDIT:
NH, make a 30 min time limit.
Also make a random 320(or whatever) square map generated with random elements for each square.

Also, upon entering, you must play this video in the room description:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fzqPOedUYs

EDIT 2:
This, in my mind, would be an instanced dungeon. However, if that is a pain in the ass, we don't have a huge player-base right now and it is time-limited, so an easy message, "Hey, there's someone in the Thunderdome right now. Come back later(In {time} minutes.)"
Attachments
ThunderDOME2.png
ThunderDOME2.png (196.01 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Folder

Re: The Dungeon Keeper

Postby Folder » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:25 pm

I like this idea but a couple concerns.

1) It's probably too big, that's a lot of squares
2) Isolating levelers is not a good thing

Regarding 2) the map either gives a) good enough XP that leveling here is worthwhile (and thus isolating levelers) or b) XP here is not worthwhile and so it doesn't get used.

I think the idea might work best as a different kind of OaD at lvl25. I imagine it not instanced and encouraging PvP in a closed area. I can't speak for all guilds obviously but generally the most fun we have is competing for OaDs where PvP is involved. Smaller map, trap squares, open PvP, sign me up for that.
<Silhouette>

Styx

Re: The Dungeon Keeper

Postby Styx » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 am

Area to big

Return to “Archive Chat”