Lockpicking

Sicx

Lockpicking

Postby Sicx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:48 pm

You would commence lockpicking with /picklock <door/chest/whatever>.

Then it basically comes down to a game of click fast. The locks difficulty determines how fast the circles blink. When a circle blinks you have a set amount of time to click it. If you fail to click it in time your lockpick has a chance to break.

Obviously the brighter red color at the bottom-most circle is your current target to click. The many circles simulates the angles that you are twisting your lock. If you click an unlit circle you automatically fail and have a higher chance of breaking your lockpick.

Lockpicking EO.jpg
Lockpicking EO.jpg (188.55 KiB) Viewed 4836 times
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Styx

Re: Lockpicking

Postby Styx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Way to complicated. A simple agi and or other stat, vs lock pick skill can be used instead of excess programming.

If this would be for guild wars. Possible. But for every day common locks umm no

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:26 pm

This isn't a lot of coding lol.
Guardians of Darkness

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 am

With Styx on this one, it should probably be a simpler stat check for most locks.
Last edited by Folder on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:26 am

Meh. Just seemed kind of lame to break into something with a simple ..oh.. my agility and intelligence is high enough..wee..

Having a little mini game would make it stand out. And also..obviously simple locks would only require a few clicks, where harder ones might blink faster and require more clicks.

I personally thought adding stuff like this would bring the game a step forward. Taking the easy way out and going with a faster solution isnt always the best idea.

I had other ideas that are kind of like this. Posting them shortly.
Guardians of Darkness

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:42 am

For "special" locks I could maybe see something like this. I think my biggest issue is that it negates the point of going high INT for lockpicking. It does have an effect on stat decisions and that part is a little wonky.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:34 pm

nothing wrong with a little mini-game to open a lock. i just hope theres a definite reasoning behind using agility int and str. and a definite reason to dabble in all 3 for versatility. otherwise everyone will just be a gd saurian or d/e lol. thats part of the reason i suggested hitting the doors. maybe agility can have a factor on how well you pick locks while hidden, high int make the lockpicking game have less steps, and strength for extra damage to doors.

in that sense you complete sicx's minigame and beat on door til timer expires. then repeat the minigame so you can beat on the door more and keep repeating until door is "opened" for raid. this would make you want all 3 stats on your thief. lower agility just means youd suck at doing it hidden, low str means youd have to beat on door longer overall, and lower int means you'd have alot harder time picking the locks. this also prevents people just walking by and stabbing your door with no effort.

anyway it is implemented you want to keep a reason to have to choose between gnome ling horc or a balanced race.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:07 am

I do like the concept but the time involved in picking a lock, disarm a trap, picking someone's pocket to steal would become extremely annoying with 5 others sitting there waiting.

This would be good for the guild battles as in , beating into a vault, but in running oads, and normal game play, very time consuming.

Edit

If lockpick and disarm trap is introduced it would be awesome if players as they leveled would gain exp popping locks and disarming traps.

Return to “Archive Chat”