Next Release & Amulet Prices

Should we change amulet expire/price?

Leave it.
14%
Change the expire time to 4 months.
No votes
Change the price to 15k on a +1 armor item.
No votes
Change both the price to 15k on a +1 armor item plus expire time to 4 months.
14%
Price/Expire time changes, and +2 armor for 50k.
71%

Total votes: 7
Sicx

Re: Next Release & Amulet Prices

Postby Sicx » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am

daedroth wrote:Another idea:
Allow them to be re-charged at a reduced cost? Buy for X gold, re-charge for 50% of original cost. Or buy an extra x amount of days at a reduced cost (with regards to original cost / duration) up to a maximum charge/duration.

Lol, if I didn't read through this thread before posting, we would have said the same thing at around the same time. I'm not for expiring items. I am for durability though. Why not just make it so you have to bring your amulets/rings/accessories to a town enchanter that recharges them for a cost. Agreed, daedroth.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:46 am

Sicx wrote:
daedroth wrote:Another idea:
Allow them to be re-charged at a reduced cost? Buy for X gold, re-charge for 50% of original cost. Or buy an extra x amount of days at a reduced cost (with regards to original cost / duration) up to a maximum charge/duration.

Lol, if I didn't read through this thread before posting, we would have said the same thing at around the same time. I'm not for expiring items. I am for durability though. Why not just make it so you have to bring your amulets/rings/accessories to a town enchanter that recharges them for a cost. Agreed, daedroth.

Great minds think alike!
I think.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:52 am

Recharging sounds like a great idea.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:03 am

I really do like the idea of charge items but it's a bit to do code wise. I'd have to add another layer that checks if the items are uncharged or not and grant bonuses, which is a special pain for adjustments, (AKA making a script run or not if it gets uncharged, specially if it runs out in the middle of you doing something.). I will probably do this to them eventually though, it's a great idea, but it's a bit time expensive atm.

I think if this was the case, a month would be okay long as their is a way to easily recharge things whenever you want. Or should it still be 3m?

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:53 am

Something like 1 month 20k, 3 months 50k. You could let people choose maybe?
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:12 am

Folder wrote:Something like 1 month 20k, 3 months 50k. You could let people choose maybe?

Seems overly complicated to do double.

Would be ok if it was just a charge fill. I.E. If theres 15 days left and you charge it, it charges you for 15 days. So you charge per day which is a config setting for that item.

I.E> If the +1 Amulet was 30 days and costs 15k. A refill per day could be 85gold, or around 1.5k for a full charge. Or half of that if it has 15 days left.

Could be 30 d or 90d for the amulet I don't mind either or.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:38 am

Prorated works too. I would say make it 90days for convenience sake, gold spent would be the same either way.
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”