2 alt days?

Dan

Re: 2 alt days?

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:55 pm

So once in a week or two weeks.

If its really not a big deal for the game overall, why bother?

Idk, its the first step for 2 alt dependency.

What in the long run will hurt the community.

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:18 pm

2 alt limit would help smaller guilds and probably newer players.

Boss rooms could be made to have a character limit in them, say max 12 players. If a small or inactive guild has 3 maybe 4 people logging on and can each log 2 chars each at least they would have a chance to do higher end oads.

Argument could be made that would allow larger guilds to have more chars also, thats why I suggested having a room limit of again say 12 characters so remedy this.

Could try this out for a week or so as apposed to once in awhile, test it see if it brings players back who were discouraged with being in a small circle or found lvling a grind alone.
------------------------------------------------------------
Krange - Ninja
Hanibal - Slayer
Hannibal - Zerker
Krang - Ninja
Zann - Guard
WarLock - Deathmage
Dexk - Cav

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:32 pm

I feel it's already abit hard to track set time stuff and certain days for certain things, especially when in different timezones etc (definitely not a 2 alt event for this reason imho).

What is a 2 alt day going to accomplish really? Well it might mean that a guild with say only 3 players online might be able to run a 6 person OAD for once .... But they are unlikely to have gotten the keys etc for it (eg the keys will expire if tried to save up in advance and their opponents from bigger numbered guilds with 2x the firepower now will probably come and crush them anyway if they try to get the keys on that day). It could also allow newbs to get 1 rounded easier while they are levelling... Which isn't that great for player retention. Only good thing i can think of doing is pvp against yourself if u are bored or want to test things lol.

Therefore while it might promote short term activity, I think after its tried a few times it will just fizzle back to being yet another gimmick trying to cover over systemic issues that are causing loss in player interest. There's probably much more long term benefit in actually addressing the systemic issues (rather than implementing 2 alt days) if trying to effectively revitalise and retain player interest in the game imho. Peace all.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:04 pm

I would say allow 2 alts always or stick with 1 alt. Sounds a bit goofy to me to do it once or twice a week.

I don't really care about 1v2 alts. Both have pros and cons imo, shrug.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:03 am

If it ain't broke don't fix it :)
My selfish streak would like to see two alts but my reasoning say's what's the point?
Things are fine as they are.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Cydon

Postby Cydon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am

gg wp.
Last edited by Cydon on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 am

I think the game is completely broken and 2 alts would fix everything, even global warming.

Maybe a separate temporary server and see how things go?

If the 2 alt isn’t successful, try 3.
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Yea 2 alts affects the way you play completely.

It becomes a make a guard and level the rest game.

I dont think its a bad thing, i just think its not this game anymore.

Should have two game modes then, multi alts, and solo.

2 different server/bases.

Would probably split the community tho.

So, imo, 2 alts is a no.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 pm

It was a simple suggestion though, I don't think people realize it's more of an event thing. Mainly for fun. Could run guardian/etc combos, could do OADs easier, at least for one day. This was never meant to be a perma thing, nor never will be. It literally takes 15 minutes to add if people wanted it, so it's not 'drawing time away from me.'

Either or, all good though, if people don't want it they don't. Doesn't hurt either or 8)

Eld

Postby Eld » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 pm

100% yes i think this is a great idea, i've been asking for this for months.

I think once a fortnight or once a month it'd be nice to have a day (from 7am reset to the next reset) where 2 or more alts are allowed.

it'd be novel, and different, OADs would be different, events would be different, lvling would be different.

I can't see the harm, think it'd be good fun, i cannot think of any reason to not try this.

Again, i completely agree that the game shouldnt go multiple alt full time for all the very good reasons that have previously been discussed over this.

Return to “Archive Chat”