PK immunity & How well it really works.

daedroth

Re: PK immunity & How well it really works.

Postby daedroth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:18 am

This game replaced a game that had a lot less pk protection (level 9 was the minimum level to be pk'd, more experience loss, no 3 kills and your safe (and certain people more than willing to kill you as many times as possible) and equipment did not come soulbound).
That is all I have to say on the subject, have a nice day.

*Post been edited to prevent more drama, thx. -Nitehawk
Last edited by daedroth on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:34 am

Let's not turn it into bashing please. I removed the last few posts. But I'm serious when I want data from others who have quit. I'm sure there's more than just this that can cause people to quit and I'm trying to find all angles on it right now. If theres only two people more Cydon I still want to get info with them (Your brother, your friend you were talking about). I think info from more than one person works well.

Cydon does have a point about the endless stalking as I said, but I don't know the solution to something like that. I think right now we can reduce the XP losses to help that out but it's obviously not a 100% solution. Losing 2mil is tough when you only have an hour to play. You literally wipe half of that when you get pked a couple times and I can understand why non hardcore people would get frustrated at that though (As Cydon said as well.)

I mean to a person who has no 25'ers you do have to put yourself in their shoes too. Telling them to constantly level in the arena is kinda boring. The XP isn't terrible when you take away the need to run around and hunt, but you get less gold and again, boring. It's OK in small bursts to avoid a PKer but having to level there constantly would be tough. Being hunted is a tough thing to swallow in this game too. I get that sometimes people can be less than civil after getting PK'ed (I.E. page harassing the guy who killed you.) but from a game point of view, it's still tough. Getting pked once or twice a day might not be such a big deal if there is no XP loss a day, but if you can't step out of a city and you have seldom time to play, it's tough to enjoy the game. However any ideas I can think up would ruin PKing completely so it's really tough. It wouldn't be to bad to have non PK areas that were really small and can get crowded easily IF we had a good playerbase, but our counts are low and we'd need something like 100 peeps on at all times for it to even work.7

I am also not saying we need to NIX PKing. It is part of the game I do agree. There might not be a solution to this bar removal of XP and whatnot.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:22 am

Ember Online the browser game!
Put your character through quests/levelling through your browser!
This would be great, I'd be able to level up while at work :D
You get X amount of turns an hour, movement takes turns. You cannot have a character on both the browser and game. Less chance of items, but you can keep them?

https://crownofconquest.com/

http://www.heroesofardania.net/

And lots of other MUD Browser games to get ideas from.

Neverwinter Nights had something too, but they killed it Jim. Game was fun... for a bit, too arcadey.

Half serious btw, it would be great to have a browser game, but that would take a lot of work *shudders*. So will likely never happen.

PS. What was wrong with my previous post? :roll: :popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:30 am

Also, adding to the above, you "could" put the PK immunity down to 1 PK an hour.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:13 am

JadeFalcon wrote:Also, adding to the above, you "could" put the PK immunity down to 1 PK an hour.

That would be awkward to work with clan fights and stuff.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:38 am

the FCC banned my debut single...#career ending
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am

Is first death a 2mil exp lost (I don't remember)? Would it be beneficial if exp lost for account without a 25er be reduced by half? I can see this be abused by people opening new accounts to lvl a new alt. I suggest maybe drop PK immunity down to 2 PK/hr.

daedroth wrote:
JadeFalcon wrote:Also, adding to the above, you "could" put the PK immunity down to 1 PK an hour.

That would be awkward to work with clan fights and stuff.

This will probably be for under lvl25ers. If they do return to fight and start attacking/healing then they lose the protection anyways.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Cydon

Postby Cydon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:40 am

Dredd and Grey were both PK harassed in to quitting (seemed like if you were in Tranquility you were targeted for harassment). Send them an email and they will tell you themselves. Quite sad as we really enjoyed the game.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:26 pm

For under level 25 that's a possibility. I dunno about mixing in NO XP Loss and immunity after one simple death though. You could abuse that via killing yourself with a mate and being immune always.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:18 am

Cydon wrote:Dredd and Grey were both PK harassed in to quitting (seemed like if you were in Tranquility you were targeted for harassment). Send them an email and they will tell you themselves. Quite sad as we really enjoyed the game.

It is more likely they weren't in the clan of the pk'er so they were considered fair game. I can safely say when I have been online I never once heard in clan chat "let's pk people in Tranquility" or anything to that effect.
Generally speaking, pk'ers will kill people outside of their clan (and sometimes inside their clan just for a laugh, psychotic buggers that they are!).
Also safely speaking for the clan i'm in, if any clan is getting preferential treatment from our clan pk'ers it would be people in Revolution because of the clan rivalry thing going on, and it is nothing personal.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”