PK immunity & How well it really works.

JadeFalcon

Re: PK immunity & How well it really works.

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 am

Remove it on PK only.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:32 am

dieing to a monster is already bad enough. raising the exp loss on that makes it stupid. you will literally be saying "if a pker hits you, stand still so you don't drop 5 mil exp to a monster while trying to run away"

all it does is reduce solo training efforts because RNG kills you sometimes. oh no respawn pops outta the ground and the 2 monsters hit you 9x in a row. there goes 40 minutes. oh no some faggot drug 5 monsters on you there goes another 40 minutes. oh no lag spike there goes 40 minutes. oh no my remote link dropped there goes 40 minutes. oh no random disconnect ther....... you get the picture.

if exp loss is so important, make level 25s have to continually gain exp to stay above exp or they get permanent penalties.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Cydon

Postby Cydon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:02 pm

gg wp.
Last edited by Cydon on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 pm

:roll:

Some people simply ain't cut out for PvP games.

Removing XP loss on PvP is totally fine I think. I don't see the need to remove it for PvE deaths as those are very rare already.

Piddy isn't wrong but he's exaggerating. A death is, at most, what? 2mil xp? That's not 40 minutes unless you are lvling in all the wrong ways.
<Silhouette>

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:58 pm

I think getting pk'ed should still result in a lost of exp. Maybe the amount loss at the moment is too much? We can possibly rework the exp lost between death by mob vs pk'ed.

Cydon wrote:This is the real issue, being hunted and not getting killed. The threat of always having a PK trying to kill you when you level, it's unbearable. The spooky event sounded cool, but getting hunted in the graveyard each time you step out of the town is ridiculous. You know the only way to avoid getting sick or stressed? Just quiting. Because there is nothing you can do about it.

There's always arenas to level in. They give less exp, but you won't have the threat of getting pk'ed. Maybe even change it so if you die in arenas you don't lose exp. If people are afraid of losing exp leveling outside, go in the arena. Another option is to join a guild and level in a party. The risk/reward needs to remain if you want to level outside.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Cydon

Postby Cydon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm

gg wp.
Last edited by Cydon on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Cydon wrote:Thats the issue, you think new players know all the best ways to level? Do you honestly think that losing 2 million exp isnt a big deal? No because you already have fking 25ers and people to protect you when you level. It's a joke that you think it's not a big deal. If you arent an established player, then yes you may be leveling in the wrong ways. Where is the guide to tell me exactly where to level and what to level on? Also, how to do that WITHOUT GETTING PKD or attacked? You are so out of touch with actual new players.

There is literally a whole wiki page dedicated to most of the mobs in-game and listing their div and level. There's a bunch of other useful information on the wiki for quests and equipment. Use that info to help you gear up and level.

Like I said, join a guild and if you do get pked ask them to go hunt down those big bad pkers like Tyrargo. Sorry if I digress. :roll:
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:24 pm

for levels 22+, a death currently takes around 12-15 minutes to make back the exp. that is make it back.

in reality it took you 15m to make the exp, you die. now 15m to get back to where you were before death. thats half an hour already.

if monster death exp loss was increased? 40 minutes was a fair assessment.

none of this changes the fact that i can suicide a boss on a level 25er for purple equips and die 400x with no penalty whatsoever while being a leveler you drop exp.

here's reasons why you shouldn't penalize levelers:

-training sucks
-nothing to really do until 25
-oads/bosses have limited space(noone lets you bring levelers)
-group training is soo much more beneficial (some people wont put in any effort at all to solo train, and would rather log off)
-these implements are a double edged sword for solo expers (die more often to mobs/pkers/life)
-some of the oad timers are at very horrible times for people with real life stuff to do (like school/children)
-i didnt log on from March-September myself because of having about 45 minutes per day of free time (pointless)

people are trying to put in the 50-75 or so hours to be actually able to play the game as a 25er. the timer shouldnt get longer each time you die...
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Cydon wrote:Ah, yes, must just be me and my friends that have issues. But yea, dismiss anything I say, because obviously I am not an established player, so who cares? Just keep on with those same 20 players and im sure the game will really thrive.....

What a great experience the game is leveling in arenas which cut the exp by 50% and is a boring AF grind, also no undead (so how do i level a cleric or pally?).

Like I said, it's only the actions of a few that ruined the entire game for me. Many helpful players along the way and I was grateful to those people. But some are just cancer and made everyone I play with quit (sorry if that gets me upset, I was having fun up until I was grieved anytime i went to level). Those players are likely why no new players will stick around, at least what i've found in my personal experience with friends and coworkers.

@folder
> That's not 40 minutes unless you are lvling in all the wrong ways.

Thats the issue, you think new players know all the best ways to level? Do you honestly think that losing 2 million exp isnt a big deal? No because you already have fking 25ers and people to protect you when you level. It's a joke that you think it's not a big deal. If you arent an established player, then yes you may be leveling in the wrong ways. Where is the guide to tell me exactly where to level and what to level on? Also, how to do that WITHOUT GETTING PKD or attacked? You are so out of touch with actual new players.

I do not advocate leveling in arenas ever, they are pretty terrible. I'm sorry the game was ruined by PKing, but it really is part of the core gameplay. You can get past the point where you easily die if you stick with it a bit. Find a guild, make friends, level in groups. The game should not have to hand you XP on a platter - it is always going to be a game based on PvP. If you simply don't like that, I'm sorry, but there are other games better suited to you.

There are no huge secrets to leveling. You pretty much just hit stuff that's higher level than you and slowly rake in the XP. And no, I do not think losing 2mil XP is omg rage quit inducing. 2mil XP, once you are high enough level that your penalty is actually 2mil XP, is 15 minutes solo. That's not optimizing group exp with buffs in the top secret leveling spot, that's just going out on your own and hitting stuff.

I dunno man, everyone has been PKd in this game. It's how it works and you either get past it and join in later or you just don't like PvP and you won't enjoy this game. Sorry if you don't like that, but again that is core gameplay. Friend/Guild up. Get that XP and then fuckin fight back. It's actually fun.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Cydon wrote:.

Cydon you say 4 other people you know IRL have quit could I get there account names or emails (or if not possible maybe their characters they played)? I'd like to talk to them as well and see their stats for some information on where they stopped/etc, pretty much data. Would be helpful. Feel free to PM me the details.

In terms of NPC XP loss, I wouldn't raise it. ATM max is 1.5mil, then 750k, then 325k, if you die in a row. I'd totally be fine removing XP loss completely if that's an issue though too. But for sure it seems like PVP XP loss should be removed. PVE is debatable.

Right now I'm not sure of a real system to avoid people hunting/stalking an excessive amount of time though. It's hard to police and this is a first step in trying to make the issue more bearable.

Return to “Archive Chat”