PK Immunity/XP Loss Poll

What should we adjust the immunity system/XP loss too?

1. No XP loss on PVP deaths. Same XP loss in PVE. Immunity system is removed (Otherwise can be abused via killing yourself to immune yourself). Sickness stays the same/similar.
13%
2. No XP loss on any death. Immunity system is removed (Same as above). Sickness stays the same/similar.
40%
3. XP loss on PVP and PVE (same). Immunity system is changed so when you die ONCE in PVP, you gain immunity for 1 hour. Sickness stays the same/similar.
No votes
4. Reduced XP loss on PVP and PVE (1mil max start and gets lower). Immunity system the same, Sickness the same.
20%
5. A mix between 3 and 4. Reduced XP loss on PVP/PVE with immunity after a kill, that lasts 30 minutes.
27%

Total votes: 15
NiteHawk
Site Admin

PK Immunity/XP Loss Poll

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 am

So we're going to have a quick poll on what we can do and what people talked about. Obviously this doesn't sort out everything but it's a good idea to adjust still for now to make it less tough on new players. Saying that 'new players need to tough it out' doesn't really work as most of them seem to quit, and that's just how it goes. We need to adapt but still try to keep PVP in tact too.

1. No XP loss on PVP deaths. Same XP loss in PVE. Immunity system is removed (Otherwise can be abused via killing yourself to immune yourself). Sickness stays the same/similar.

2. No XP loss on any death. Immunity system is removed (Same as above). Sickness stays the same/similar.

3. XP loss on PVP and PVE (same). Immunity system is changed so when you die ONCE in PVP, you gain immunity for 1 hour. Sickness stays the same/similar.

4. Reduced XP loss on PVP and PVE (1mil max start and gets lower). Immunity system the same, Sickness the same.

5. A mix between 3 and 4. Reduced XP loss on PVP/PVE with immunity after a kill, that lasts 30 minutes.

3 day poll.

JadeFalcon

Re: PK Immunity/XP Loss Poll

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:58 am

I assume item loss/gold loss will still be a thing?
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 am

JadeFalcon wrote:I assume item loss/gold loss will still be a thing?

Correct, no change to gold and item loss. We should leave it as is I think. The amount is OK (33% chance of dropped items) so I don't think we should change that. Plenty nuff to lose then. Special items can still have a higher or lower drop rate.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 am

Couldn’t decide between 3 & 4 so 5 got my vote. #savethenoobs

I think it’s less about the losing exp and more about the death dropping crap and the feeling of getting “harrassed”.

Again I’m pro pvp open world pvp but I am more so keeping players so at least under level 25 it should be reduced to 1 kill.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:23 am

I dunno, I think it's more about losing the XP over the items IMO. Most items are preserved at lower levels anyways. Either or though the system change will help them.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:26 am

Shockingly, Lat made me change my vote.
Yeah 1 kill in 30m is enough.

Also, an Edit: I really think some sort of account identification needs to come in. This relates directly to PKing. Even i am a lot nicer to "most" newer players, at least the ones that don't page me nasty stuff. Thing is, its impossible to know who is really a new player, or just some evil player from clan X in a clanless alt.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:54 am

I like a little of 3 and 4 so I picked 5 as well. Maybe even add to the protection (1hr?) if they get pked again shortly after the 30mins run out.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:03 pm

im not a huge fan of immunity
im not a huge fan of 25ers having nothing to lose while low levels lose stuff.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:39 am

I am also a fan of #2 or at least #1 because I think the immunity system is slightly clunky. #2 would mean that you might have level 22-24 groups actually fighting a level 25'er if it came to PVP too. I know I would IMO for fun. I wouldn't if I have to risk 1mil-2mil and I'd instead run 100% of the time, isn't worth losing the XP over. Items and gold is a different story depending on how far in you are with leveling and have a full inventory or not, though I might still fight for the fun. It also gives everyone a same playing field with XP loss, aka none for pvp situations.

#5 is okay too, but it also means that people will avoid getting pked 100% of the time rather than fighting, though if you DO die you have a chance at least get your XP back because immunity activates for a under 25er immediately for 30m. Even though this option works better if you DO die, they actually 'need' to die.

In the end I like #2 or #1 because they can actually fight back without freaking out unless they have alot of gold/items though. I'll go with the majority I think though, but just stating on what I think'll happen.

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:18 am

Char loses immunity if attacking another char, right?

If it does then i think its a good change.

Return to “Archive Chat”