Sickness Timer

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Sickness Timer

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 am

Both the sickness timer and the logoff timer are here to stay. The question is the actual times to use. The timer works as follows:

For level 25ers in PVP:
Death 1: -2 to all stats, 120 seconds sickness timer, 90 seconds logoff timer.
Death 2: -3.5 to all stats, 240 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.
Death 3: -5 to all stats, 360 seconds sickness timer, 150 second logoff timer.
Death 4+: -9 to all stats, 480 seconds sickness timer, 180 second logoff timer.

For under level 25er IN PVP they get an extra death, their first death has only a logoff timer of 90 seconds, and then it starts with the above:
Death 1: 90 seconds logoff timer.
Death 2: -2 to all stats, 120 seconds sickness timer, 90 seconds logoff timer.
Death 3: -3.5 to all stats, 240 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.
Death 4: -5 to all stats, 360 seconds sickness timer, 150 second logoff timer.
Death 5+: -9 to all stats, 480 seconds sickness timer, 180 second logoff timer.

In PVE:
Death 1+: 30 second sickness, 90 second logoff timer.

-

Please note you cannot reset your logoff timer via getting killed in PVE to make it shorter. It only takes the highest values so if you die in PVE while you have 480 seconds sickness or 180 seconds logoff timer, it ignores both cause they are both higher.

-------------------------------

I am interested to know what people think is the best for this. Maybe we don't want to give sickness on the first death, maybe the timers are too high. I don't think we DO need to go past a few minutes but there does need to be a penalty for zombing too much. I think around 3-4 deaths is a good limit to stop people from running back. Some systems IG are based on 3 death limits anyways. I.E: it could be:

Death 1: No stat loss, 120 seconds sickness timer (no stat effects, just keeps data for the next death), 90 second logoff timer.
Death 2: -2 to all stats, 120 seconds sickness timer, 120 seconds logoff timer.
Death 3: -3.5 to all stats, 180 seconds sickness timer, 150 second logoff timer.
Death 4+: -9 to all stats, 240 seconds sickness timer, 180 second logoff timer.

or keeping the logoff timer always at 2 minutes, and adjusting the sickness timer like so:

Death 1: -1 to all stats, 120 seconds sickness timer, 120 seconds logoff timer.
Death 2: -2 to all stats, 150 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.
Death 3: -3 to all stats, 180 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.
Death 4+: -9 to all stats, 240 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.

or even:

Death 1: -1 to all stats, 120 seconds sickness timer, 120 seconds logoff timer.
Death 2: -2 to all stats, 150 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.
Death 3+: -9 to all stats, 180 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.

ORRR something very similar per death just heavier stats:

Death 1: -1 to all stats, 180 seconds sickness timer, 120 seconds logoff timer.
Death 2: -2 to all stats, 180 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.
Death 3+: -9 to all stats, 180 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.

--

You could even make it so that instead of set timers, instead it stacks so for example each death gives you -2 stats more, +120 sickness timer added, and maybe the logoff timer stays around 2-3 minutes.

The reason why I am saying all this is that IT IS FLEXIBLE. We just need to know what people think is the best option, and it can be set timers, or even stacking timers with certain effects. So let's get this discussion going.

Folder

Re: Sickness Timer

Postby Folder » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:14 pm

So far my experience with the current system has been fine. I think it accomplishes the goal of impeding a stream of zombies/alts without being overly punishing.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:25 pm

except in dreads...endless zombie stream.

id like to see zombies get half damage and 3x longer potion timer. cuz it gets ridiculous.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Terron wrote:except in dreads...endless zombie stream.

id like to see zombies get half damage and 3x longer potion timer. cuz it gets ridiculous.

Why is it bad in dreads though? with -9 str thats literally half damage for most characters.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:26 pm

cant kill them fast enough to get a huge death penalty usually. and even if you did they just run back lol

vilas need to spawn faster
dreads needs to be alot bigger
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:01 am

Terron wrote:cant kill them fast enough to get a huge death penalty usually. and even if you did they just run back lol

vilas need to spawn faster
dreads needs to be alot bigger

Dreads bigger is ok (but the world in general needs to be bigger, but the world is still WIP).
Vilas respawn faster... nah your ok, that'd be more of a pain in the ass than anything (except for the people levelling on them off course).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:51 am

Cant we "fix" dreads by making a sort of time limit between entries?

Something like, I enter dreads and get killed.
I try to enter again, and i get a message like "your amulet is recharging, wait 60 seconds"

This would help a bit on zombies running back, wouldnt it? Without having to change anything in the actual dreadlands - I dont think messing up with the vila's is a good idea, especially on places where you have two vilas.

Regarding sickness... I only have one "real" alt (Saurian Enchanter does not count), and the one time I zombied under the current conditions made me never want to do it ever again. So im not sure we need to change this.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:59 am

JadeFalcon wrote:Cant we "fix" dreads by making a sort of time limit between entries?

Something like, I enter dreads and get killed.
I try to enter again, and i get a message like "your amulet is recharging, wait 60 seconds"

This would help a bit on zombies running back, wouldnt it? Without having to change anything in the actual dreadlands - I dont think messing up with the vila's is a good idea, especially on places where you have two vilas.

Regarding sickness... I only have one "real" alt (Saurian Enchanter does not count), and the one time I zombied under the current conditions made me never want to do it ever again. So im not sure we need to change this.

Can't do the first thing atm.

I mean you could even add 3-5 more rooms and then have vila traps in them. I don't think you need to make the dreads huge, just add more NPCs that block in needed areas, no?

For the sickness timers, I don't think it needs to last 480 seconds though. Maybe it should start at 180 seconds (3 minutes instead of 2 minutes) and then go up by one minute each time instead of 2 minutes.

So instead of 2, 4, 6, 8 minutes as it is now, it would be 3, 4, 5, 6 minutes. It would probably also help with slowing down zombing slightly. I always felt 2 minutes wasn't 'enough' because by the time you are unexh, heal up, etc, you dont have long left. Maybe we shouldn't penalize so hard on the first one if we do raise it though like so:

Death 1: -1 to all stats, 180 seconds sickness timer, 90 seconds logoff timer.
Death 2: -2 to all stats, 240 seconds sickness timer, 120 second logoff timer.
Death 3: -4 to all stats, 300 seconds sickness timer, 150 second logoff timer.
Death 4+: -9 to all stats, 360 seconds sickness timer, 180 second logoff timer.

and on the subnote, I haven't heard much about the logoff timer. Is it good as it is above? Or should log off timers start at 2m? Maybe only be 2m for any death or can still increase by 20-30 seconds each time. I.E.

Death 1: -1 to all stats, 180 seconds sickness timer, 120seconds logoff timer.
Death 2: -2 to all stats, 240 seconds sickness timer, 140 second logoff timer.
Death 3: -4 to all stats, 300 seconds sickness timer, 160 second logoff timer.
Death 4+: -9 to all stats, 360 seconds sickness timer, 180 second logoff timer.

Something like that.

Return to “Archive Chat”