Player Houses

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Player Houses

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:34 pm

I'm working on player houses and they will grant certain things like vaults, faster healing, etc etc. As I release more things (such as gardens) there will be more to do. We talked about premium membership which for a small donation will give you a certain benefits, one will be a player house. You may eventually be able to buy a house for gold too but it will be more limited.

With non-premium houses, I intended that you buy a small lot, and you 'build it up' with material and gold.

For premium houses, I am wondering if we should do the same, but also start them up with a better house.
-For example the non-premium house would only be a one room shack with a 50 room vault.. It could be expanded maybe 3x2, so 6 squares.
-A premium house could be expanded maybe 3x2x2 (so 12 squares with two levels). It would start with three/four rooms and a 100-150 room vault and maybe a special room like a garden or some sort. Upgrades could be cheaper too.

Would this be 'fair' to people? I want it to be something to do. You can 'leave it as is' or build up on it slowly and make your house neato. You'll even be able to change images, description, etc too. I don't think the houses would be much bigger than what I'd give without upgrading anyways, maybe a 3 room house for a non premium and 6 room house for premium without upgrades. I want to obviously make sure premium people would be happy with this if they were to do this.

Lateralus

Re: Player Houses

Postby Lateralus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:44 pm

I think this sounds fair and without getting super complicated I think we should have diff levels of player housing for donation amounts. patreon Is setup for diff levels of membership. Maybe a bronze would be a shack, Silver a 3 room and gold a 6 room.

I like the idea of building on if it can work with the diff tiers. ie you have a brozne you add a house to then upgrade to silver the added on house comes with your upgrade.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:16 pm

I can pay for a house, but i dont want to build it. I want some perks (that dont give me too much advantage), basically storage space, i guess.
I would like to be able to customise certain parts of the house description that are visible to others, like if someone tries to enter my house you get a message like "from this house, you can feel the smell of halfling pie"
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:27 pm

I dig it, sounds pretty solid to me.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:36 pm

We might skip building on premium houses and leave it for bought, dunno yet. Maybe leave it for guild houses instead since they will require heavy amounts of gold 8)

Return to “Archive Chat”