Guild Changes/Party Changes?

daedroth

Re: Guild Changes/Party Changes?

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:31 am

I don't think any clan (big or small) should just get free stuff for just merely existing.
More clan events please.
Rewards from clan events will reward smaller clans more (since there are less people holding out hands for the lewt).
Clan events win clan points for the winning clan.
Could even have team events where you can go in with a smaller team in the hopes of winning more points (points divided among winners in the team).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:44 am

Well again we can leave the guild sizes and parties alone. But I'm all up for ideas like ant has.

@ant Yeh; I agree with a system too, I also want the guild wars system to be more friendlier to smaller groups so they can have fun too, so that'll be a goal too.

-------------------

I do gotta say though, the whole 'YOU WANT A BIGGER GUILD? GET MORE GUILD MEMBERS!" you guys are proposing is really goofy. I do understand that friends want to play with friends, that's fine, we'll leave guilds sizes as is. But what can we do to make smaller guilds be able to compete every now and again with said larger guilds? How do smaller guilds sometimes get OADs? It's very plain and simple to me if a large guilds wants to run the show, they could shut down/lock down areas. I'm not saying the bigger guilds won't ever have the advantage, it's OK in cases anyways.

If your proposition is that new players can't enjoy the game because they have no friends in this game thus it's pointless to try to make things work out for them cause they won't play is your answer, then I should seriously just shut down EO now and stop wasting my time and work on a game that does work for new players too.

I don't think people are stating they want free handouts either, that's not really what it's been about. Not even sure why you guys are stating it.

Random OADs' don't really work on a large scale because the larger guilds tends to be the ones with the members to watch longer. We had something like this in several oads for awhile. It ended up being pointless because people can't dedicate hours waiting for something to randomly spawn and people got sick of it. I'm not saying some OADs cant be like this, it's good to have a mix, but forming up and setting up takes time, it being random for everything would probably suck the life out of people. I do think though on a smaller scale a few small random oads here and there could be a thing to help out, but ultimately I don't think it solves it.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 am

NiteHawk wrote:... I do gotta say though, the whole 'YOU WANT A BIGGER GUILD? GET MORE GUILD MEMBERS!" you guys are proposing is really goofy. I do understand that friends want to play with friends, that's fine, we'll leave guilds sizes as is. But what can we do to make smaller guilds be able to compete every now and again with said larger guilds? How do smaller guilds sometimes get OADs? It's very plain and simple to me if a large guilds wants to run the show, they could shut down/lock down areas. I'm not saying the bigger guilds won't ever have the advantage, it's OK in cases anyways.

If your proposition is that new players can't enjoy the game because they have no friends in this game thus it's pointless to try to make things work out for them cause they won't play is your answer, then I should seriously just shut down EO now and stop wasting my time and work on a game that does work for new players too.

I don't think people are stating they want free handouts either, that's not really what it's been about. Not even sure why you guys are stating it.

Random OADs' don't really work on a large scale because the larger guilds tends to be the ones with the members to watch longer. We had something like this in several oads for awhile. It ended up being pointless because people can't dedicate hours waiting for something to randomly spawn and people got sick of it. I'm not saying some OADs cant be like this, it's good to have a mix, but forming up and setting up takes time, it being random for everything would probably suck the life out of people. I do think though on a smaller scale a few small random oads here and there could be a thing to help out, but ultimately I don't think it solves it.

No idea where you are getting the first point from.
What was said, is that if people want a bigger clan they need to work on retaining their members by removal of toxic members and drama, while making the clan environment all snuggly so people actually want to stay.

Newbies also need to make effort to make friends. I usually run around in a game figuring shit out then start to talk to people (usually because I need help with figuring something out).
The new play announcement idea thing, Elvis idea (when implemented), will help. Generally speaking, most people in game are helpful to new players.

The free handout things... well incentives if not handled properly will be pretty much free handouts. People will either stay or leave irrespective of incentives, incentives will likely keep them a bit longer though. I don't know though incentives to me brings up images of ugly rich guys with hawt girlfriends :D

Random OADS... aye... most should have fixed times, but there should be some random/unannounced ones that people can just stumble across.

Like I said though, more Guild events (does not need to be full sized teams). Guild events give guild points. Smaller clans can compete against larger clans if the odds are even.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 am

daedroth wrote:What was said, is that if people want a bigger clan they need to work on retaining their members by removal of toxic members and drama, while making the clan environment all snuggly so people actually want to stay.

I don't even know where to begin with that statement as I don't think that's really the issue. There is toxic members in all guilds still from what I seen here and there. I don't think this is the reason why a small guild can't become a large guild though. I obviously know the issues that occurred in one of the older guilds that exploded (who was the leader of the guild, so rip) but besides that one I really don't think saying that guilds members should hug will increase their size. It's human nature to want to be the best and win the glorious items, which often means joining a larger guild and being the dominators as it's far less work to get to the top that way.

Newbies also need to make effort to make friends. I usually run around in a game figuring shit out then start to talk to people (usually because I need help with figuring something out).
The new play announcement idea thing, Elvis idea (when implemented), will help. Generally speaking, most people in game are helpful to new players.

I do agree with that, some notification of new characters at minimum would be good.

Random OADS... aye... most should have fixed times, but there should be some random/unannounced ones that people can just stumble across.

Yeah probably would be fine for some of the 2-3 Player OADs coming up, we'll see.

Like I said though, more Guild events (does not need to be full sized teams). Guild events give guild points. Smaller clans can compete against larger clans if the odds are even.

The only way that guild events would be even is if there was a limit of X amount of players per guild. We already know that smaller guilds don't often win against a larger guild together. It's pretty silly to think that a larger guild wouldn't dominate smaller one unless there was set rules on join numbers. The whole smaller guilds can work together in harmony is pretty much garbage, because it almost never happens except for some rare cases, and even still, it's never perfect because it's hard to work with people you don't often work with, etc.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:16 am

daedroth wrote:I don't think any clan (big or small) should just get free stuff for just merely existing.
More clan events please.
Rewards from clan events will reward smaller clans more (since there are less people holding out hands for the lewt).
Clan events win clan points for the winning clan.
Could even have team events where you can go in with a smaller team in the hopes of winning more points (points divided among winners in the team).

No1 is suggesting handouts for merely existing. In my original thread example, the small guild's still need to be ACTIVE in doing stuff in order to gain enough guild points to rank high enough to access the rewards. But hey if the current landscape was put under that system my 1 man guild (which basically idles) could possibly/conceivably end up getting handouts for merely existing if there were say prizes for the top 5 guilds each week ... But only up until the point some more active players think "why the heck is that lazy bum earning free PP when I could overtake him in guild rank by setting up my own guild and killing a mere 5 mobs a day to take his PP".

On another note, I disagree with Folder's suggested assessment that the reason numbers are low is "cos it's 2018 and Gmuds aren't popular". While it is somewhat true that Gmuds aren't as big a thing as when ROK premiered, the EO forums have nearly 400 registered members which means there was a large portion of interested people (at least at some stage of EO) who have likely tried the game at some point and then stopped playing for whatever reason (had all 400 remained active we likely wouldn't be having playerbase issues today). If the game mechanics could be improved to be able to retain/recapture their interest and then EO wouldn't waste the residual goodwill carried over from ROK and we'd likely have the larger player base we all desire. Game mechanics DO matter and I applaud NH for asking the hard questions and looking for ways to improve them rather than being fatalistic about there being no solutions. Peace all.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 am

@anthriel
The people who would leave the game will leave anyway, your prestige idea would again benefit the clans that were active and stayed together (irrespective of guild size and, unless things change drastically, one of those clans would be Silh).
If you make the scaling too extreme (in favour of small clans) well that would not exactly be fair for any larger successful clan.
If you make it too small, then it'd not cause much of a change anyway.
Hard to balance this while keeping things fair.

@NH
Well I did say the odds would need to be even (going by numbers) and it wouldn't need to be full sized teams. The advantage the larger clans would have would be gear, but not much you can do to make that fair... UNLESS... you provide competitors a standard set of equipment that is provided in the event (and removed when event is complete, a bit fiddly but do-able). Maybe a small locker to keep their gear temporarily and some privacy so they can get changed whilst maintaining their modesty.
Also with regards to clans: The main reason why I would stay in or leave a clan is because I like/dislike the people there. You are right some people stay/leave clans based on the power of the clan and what the clan provides, but even they wouild not stay in a clan long if the clans atmosphere was toxic... or would they? Meh who gives a shit, as long as they are not in Silh :D.
Last edited by daedroth on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:01 am

why does guild size even matter? lol

lets say it did(it doesnt but i can pretend)

guilds now capped at random number 5? is 5 good enough for everyone?

silhouette is reduced to 4 noobs and almighty jake.

the homeless silhoetters form new guilds. shadowette, fuzzy picturesque, faint outline guilds are all created. yay down with the oppressor.

oh wait, this didnt work right? those 4 guilds are all friends still...man i had no idea.

-they still run oads togethor
- they still share gears
-they now have 12 control crystals instead of 3. ouch

congratulations you successfully eradicated guild chat..
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 am

you guys are looking at all the wrong shit imo. the game is fine and will balance out when there is 3-4+ oads at every hour interval.

silh is just organized. most of their members arent even online alot. its a friendship guild. where those that do have the time do so by caring about someone other than themselves. loot is distributed to make the guild better(not just lil johnny the vain).

lets compare silhs loot system to randparty guilds

silhs entire clan has benefited , randparty favors only those who go often.

silh has 3-5 steady oaders , randparty guild probably has 4-6 steady oaders.

silh has 16 equipped guild members, randparty guild has 4-6 super equipped mofos and 24 naked clannies rockin whites.

all the changes you do need to promote actually being online on the game. it is horrible that i can log on at reset 4 pm 7pm and 9 and usually get all the best content the game has to offer.

lastly the drelvar mines oad, specifically the miner itself, needs changed. the thing is like unhittable by melee, which is fine. but it isnt really fine when you take a chanter and complete the whole thing in 29 seconds. it literally only takes 13 blasts to gather the delirium crystal. maybe its just knowledge of how these games work, or its because in the first week i pinpointed all the spawn points, etc. but the oad is supposed to detract from doing seta. and atm its basically taking me about 45 seconds on avg.

edit:maybe the miner can be a purple oad monster that teleports quite a bit, and the crystal sbs on kill shot. and treasure fiend be made into a soloable orange monster. so the basis of the oad is fight miner for 15-20 minutes, then the lucky person faces fiend solo. if the crystal sbs on ks its anyones ballgame. (note that rusty key isnt sb and still drops 100%) this would definitely make camping both seta and mines very unlikely.
Last edited by Terron on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:27 am

Terron wrote:why does guild size even matter? lol

lets say it did(it doesnt but i can pretend)

guilds now capped at random number 5? is 5 good enough for everyone?

silhouette is reduced to 4 noobs and almighty jake.

the homeless silhoetters form new guilds. shadowette, fuzzy picturesque, faint outline guilds are all created. yay down with the oppressor.

oh wait, this didnt work right? those 4 guilds are all friends still...man i had no idea.

-they still run oads togethor
- they still share gears
-they now have 12 control crystals instead of 3. ouch

congratulations you successfully eradicated guild chat..

I am sorry but... lol
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:51 am

yeah best remove guilds and party completely, make everyone move independently. :D

Return to “Archive Chat”