Instances or Improving OADs so they last longer

Terron

Re: Instances or Improving OADs so they last longer

Postby Terron » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 pm

yeah i didnt mean the classes were disallowed usage or anything. a cav could create a masterwork battleaxe and have it enchanted by a necro's scroll or whatever.

i like the 1 temple scroll being buffed because it should be the only thing you can change on equips. the div scrolls from temple should be like embers but basically if you select voltus your weapon does 5% extra to riva -5% to earth. it is a little weird that a character can get items blessed by multiple gods that are enemies.

locking certain items to classes are easy imo, the crafting table that allows masterwork bows is set in a ranger only square.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Re: Instances or Improving OADs so they last longer

Postby daedroth » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:41 am

Some good ideas here.

Lat's idea of slightly random 'ix's, combine this with Rig's tier idea and Ter's caster specific enchants.

Example:
Leech tier one 1 - 3% 1 - 3%
Leech tier two adds +1 (+1 - 2)% 3 - 5%
Leech tier three adds +1 (+1 - 2)% 5 - 7%

or
Leech tier one 1 - 3% 1 - 3%
Leech tier two adds (1 - 2) + (1 - 2)% 3 - 7%
Leech tier three adds (1 - 2) + (1 - 2)% 5 - 11%

or... something... like a chart with random number that uses level/crafting skill to increase the number rolled?

You would have to enchant from tier 1 to tier 2 to tier 3 (with increasing cost).

Random 'ixs that are found can be broken down (disenchant) to give dust specific to the 'ixs involved, so leech 'ix can only be used to leech 'ix (or have fields, so leech would be a negative/death dust field and could be used to negative/death effects).
Dust is used to enchant then upgrade enchants.

Is there going to be crafting and crafting skill for weapons/armours?
Be fun to make your own gear, but lot of work (as in programming)?
Botched - Inferior - standard - superior - masterwork

Would need to restrict how much items can be made (give each item a period of time before it appears 1 reset, 2 resets etc).

Another thing to think about, re-sale to shops value (impact on economy in general).

Prefix Idea:
Rusty (for weapons): -AD + DoT poison effect.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”