Re: Instances or Improving OADs so they last longer

Postby Styx » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:22 am

Prefix idea, awesone, I like it lll

Instance I'd wait on though

:popcorn:

Wripper

Postby Wripper » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am

i think the Prefix idea would bring some people back to the game and would make running the old oads desirable again and keep players busy long enough to release more oad content I know i'd be excited to run some of those oads with a chance to get a new item.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:27 am

I'm actually interested to know what players think would be good for prefix and suffixes then too. We should make sure that they mesh together. For example a prefix can boost a suffix, or could be entirely different. I.E.

I think we should aim on doing one prefix and one suffix. And if we want a more powerful suffix of the same type, we simply make a better sounding name.

Icey Void Blade - 2% ice damage.
Glacial Void Blade - 3% ice damage.
Icey Void Blade of Strength - 2% ice damage, 0.1 strength.
Glacial Void Blade of Strength - 3% ice damage, 0.1 strength.
Icey Void Blade of Power - 2% ice damage, 0.2 strength.
Glacial Void Blade of Power - 3% ice damage, 0.2 strength.

...etc

We can also do two prefix and one suffix, but it will have less control. I.e. Godly Firey Void Blade = 3% fire damage, Superior Firey Void Blade = 2% fire damage. It also gets a little weirder so maybe one and one is the way to go.

In any case, I'm interested for peoples takes on this. What prefix/suffix system should we use?.. And also, what types should we do. Feel free to use your imagination, go nuts. MP per tick, max MP, small amounts of strength, div bonuses, infa searching, hiding, more autosneaking, etc. I'm interested on which prefix/suffix should have. Should prefix only have divinties, etc, and suffix be enchancers like sight, autosneak, etc. Maybe divinity, stat bonuses, etc should be prefix only (thus the above wouldn't work as Strength and Icey wouldn't ever be together. So it could be a Icey Void Blade of Sight, or a Power Void Blade of Sight, but strength and divinity wouldn't mix ever which is probably a better idea.).

So let's start it.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am

Some ideas (need a little tinkering obviously - and really as much for names and grades ie: cold, frost, ice ):
http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm7/enchantment.shtml
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... /suf.shtml
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... /pre.shtml

Prefix/Suffix can stack, if they do the same thing.
Might be best to stick with one of each (names could get a bit silly, although you could make a oprefix/suffix that has more than one effect),
'ix's with a positive and a negative.
Heavy Handed: +AD - attack AGL
Heavy/Dwarven: +AD/AC -stamina regen
Light/Elven: -AD/AC + stamina regen
demonic: high AC/AD but drains health each tick or stops regen.
Things that have a chance of doing something when you are hit (small healing on wearer who is hit, small damage on the person who is hitting the wearer, debuff on person hitting wearer, buff on wearer getting hit).
Things that have a chance of doing something when you hit something (as above but in reverse).
Vampiric: Drain (some) health of enemy being hit (for weapons, think leech spell, but maybe for less healing or chance based).
Mana/Health regen (already mentioned).
Toughness: +AC
Sharpness: +AD
Shielding: Provides a small "shield" effect, damage comes off this first, it regens each tick.
Elemental Damage/Protection (mentioned already).
Crystal: High +to AD/AC but has a chance of breaking (maybe just weapon and it will break on first hit, but does high damage?).
Invisibility: Can cast fade once/twice/thrice per set time period (actually, items that mimic spells).
Re-animation: has the chance of raising something it kills as a pet (only one pet at a time?).
Confusion/Conversion (only works on mobs) has the chance of temporarily making an enemy mob an ally or having it attack randomly
Something that adds 1 stamina (could even offset it with having it slow stamina regen, maybe a lesser one that slow stamina regen and a greater one that has no effect on stamina regen)
DoT effects (already planned eh).
Stunning effect (but just slows stamina regen a little)
Anyway, back to Hellgate London.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 pm

It could be possibly something like slightly higher damage but slightly higher exhaust to be a thing too. I don't think we should stack though, makes it a bit confusing, specially name wise. But yeah some good ideas. I didn't even think about negative effects with positive effects together, that's not a bad idea for some things. We do need to figure out what's the best though. Things that reduce stam we probably should ignore or if it is to be, very light, because spell casters will get a benefit from it with no flaw. We'll see though. In any case if people could keep coming up with more thats A+

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:40 am

I think a prefix and suffix works but I still think we should attempt to keep it somewhat simple if possible. I assume these would drop somewhat randomized and maybe have a chance similar to the humming items?

I like the div prefixes like you have as well as maybe stat suffixes? I wouldn't mind seeing the bonuses be randomized if possible tho. I think it would keep the variety without having to have 3-4 diff name prefixes for each div stat etc. Also if we had randomized bonuses (think diablo) there could be something like a gambling purchase system as well as when crafting it would really extend the life of that. Think your crafting a ring of health you would have a chance to get anywhere from 5-10hp on the ring meaning people would probably be creating quite a few to get the best possible.

For example you might find an Icy blade of strength and that blade could be anywhere from 1-3% ice bonus and .1-.3 str

As for the actual bonuses I think all the ones you listed seem pretty good.

The only thing that kind throws me off about this is what about items that already have bonuses on them would the prefix just stack and stuff on top of those? If so cool.

I think this goes a long way to help extend oads and crafting for that matter but I think there is still an underlying issue of there still isnt that much to strive or really work towards. I think we need to have some top tier items that players can solo grind and progress towards that doesnt include a 6 man oad team or winning events over the course of months.

I would love to see some very highly priced useful top tier items that players need to grind / play / trade to get gold for. I would also like to see some top tier crafts that dont need to be gathered from oad bosses but can just be grinded/farmed even if its weeks or months of collecting. Getting those players out active is key and I think thats a great way.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:23 pm

If we do go the prefix and suffix route id like to see them worked in as scrolls that could be created using dust from the disenchanting stuff.

Say clerics could create div scroll prefixes. Chanters and necros could make the suffixes depending on the effect. All of them would use a set amount of dust and your chance to create better scrolls would be based on your craft level or whatever.

Rigs

Postby Rigs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Lateralus wrote:If we do go the prefix and suffix route id like to see them worked in as scrolls that could be created using dust from the disenchanting stuff.

Say clerics could create div scroll prefixes. Chanters and necros could make the suffixes depending on the effect. All of them would use a set amount of dust and your chance to create better scrolls would be based on your craft level or whatever.

Playing off this idea:
Make enchants tiered.
i.e. Shield of Fortitude: +10hp -- tier one
Shield of Greater Fortitude +20hp -- tier two

Priests can only craft defensive enchants while DM/Ench can only craft offensive enchants.
Perhaps make Prefixes all defensive and Suffixes all offensive.
Player acquires enchanting materials by destroying OADs. Some materials are rarer than others.
Either require higher level materials to craft higher tiered enchants OR require the same amount of mats for any tiered enchant. Given the latter, allow rare materials to be substituted for a better chance at a high tier enchant.

In any case, I'd like to see this system implemented where enchants are applied to an item instantaneously upon crafting and are not hot-swappable. Either that, or allow scrolls to be made that indicate the tier of the enchant, but not the effect until it's applied.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:30 pm

DM should be in charge of all enchants that negatively effect opponents. like small duration curses(i,e, 10% chance to trigger -.5 agi on target for 20 seconds)/leech/vampiric/poison.

chanter would enchant all skills of magical power such as boosts to int, mana pool size, mana leeching, items that shield hps by subtracting mana instead at like a range of 5:1 to 2:1 based on tier, etc

priests should enchant things with life, healing effects, and divinity bonuses

guardians should enchant defense based protections, wards, boosts to mr, ac increases.

druids should enchant buffs that help morph or other druid spellcasting attributes. items with bonuses to druids only like boosting cure heals, lowering mana drain, buffing morph skills, buffing roars effectiveness, boosting faeriefire(subtract more ac/lasts longer/pierces mr etc)/haste etc.

this brings me to melee classes(the ones with no mana obviously). i really dont think they should enchant anything. i think instead they should create masterwork or exceptional weapons and armor(flat buffs basically) and probably be able to add hums with the right ingredients.

rangers could be the sole class to create masterwork bows and arrows aswell as pet gear.(brigs could be left for crossbows)

bards could create masterwork instruments and enchant instruments only.

one thing im kinda unsure of is just adding damage all over on suffix and prefix items. i mean yea its nice and all but thats kind of already done with temple scrolls. the temple blesses dont really fit in the scheme with enchanting or masterworking items. i think they should be changed to offer 5x the normal bonus, however you can only choose to bless items with 1 temple.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Yea i think breaking up the enchantments to certain casters sounds like a good idea as long as its not overly complicated. I however am not sure how I feel about breaking up crafts to diff classes agian seems a bit complicated. but maybe if we can keep it simple enough it might work.

I do think if we end up doing suffix and prefix scrolls like suggested random amounts are the way to go. I really think it extends the system quite a bit while keeping the number of diff crafts down.

instead of having cold,icy,frozen prefixes could just have ice that has a chance of 1-3%. you know most vets would keep creating them until they got a 3% so thats a lot of sink. you could also work in the the higher your crafting skill the higher chance to create a 3% or max percent or whatever.

anyways like how the ideas are unfolding. if prefix and suffix can be done i think they extend the system very far.

Return to “Archive Chat”