Likes and Dislikes

daedroth

Re: Likes and Dislikes

Postby daedroth » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:53 am

Top 3 Oads or bosses:
Not usually on at a time when OADS get done. Either because of the time, or not enough people to run them (probably because of the time as well).

Top 3 leveling spots:
No real specific places, I prefer somewhere where it is quiet (so I can afk at random as I usually do. I just really need to remember to move off spawn spots before I do this...)

Top 3 Quests or Chains:
Do not usually do quests, time/reward/frustration factor (drop ones mainly) makes most not worth it. I usually do Tutorial Island/Seamoor/Caopia Forest & Mill/Kageti Grove ones. They usually take minimal effort and the places combine well with the levelling at the lower levels. At the lower levels it doesn't matter so much where you level or what on because it will still be fast enough. Kageti Grove is a bit more tiresome, but the end reward is decent enough.

Top 3 Events:
Don't usually do, partly because I am not on at the time they are run, and partly because of all the in the background deals made (I have benefited from this and been a victim of this practise, it never feels good either way - which is why I keep proposing clan/team events with rules made to eliminate this :p).

Top 3 Most worthy PP items:
Never bought one and have no mains. I am guessing the best PP items would be for people with mains. I would choose offence over defence though.

Fav/Top 3 Classes:
Bashers! Nice and simple, just like me :).
Ninja/Zerkez and Minstrel (because mintrels are handy for different situations).

Top 3 things you are looking forward to in upcoming updates:
1-Crafting system. If done well it would work out good for smaller clans and solo play. Assuming you would be able to craft decent enough items from ingredients you can find. This could potentially remove equipment drops and replace them with ingredient drops (dracoskin scales that can be made into dracoskin armour, muck boar tusks that get made into feral war blades etc etc).
2-Dis/Enchant - See above.
3-Guild Stuffz - Healthy rivalry and competition is always good.

Favorite and least favorite part of the game:

Why are you playing the game and why do you continue to play the game:
Social aspect mainly. Although I level solo because of the way I level (my alts are all gluttonous drunkards).

Favorite feature from the last update:

Any pointless systems or things you think could be removed or need improved to matter:
Some class names should be changed, Monk to Ninja makes no sense to me :p
Stackable Bless/Enchant scrolls (and someone in clan mentioned embers as well) would be nice.

Might finish this later.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Zarkral

Postby Zarkral » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Top 3 Oads or bosses:
Seta
Dreadlands
Flame salamander

Top 3 leveling spots:
Ark
Wiken
Dreadlands

Top 3 Quests or Chains:
River road
Canopia
Kakegi Grove
tbh I haven't done many quests after those areas, doesn't seem worth compared to grouping

Top 3 Events:
Forgot its name but there was a 3v3 tournament I was once in, would like to see more of that.
Crystal smash was also fun
Haven't done too many events due to the time they start.

Fav/Top 3 Classes:
Minstrel
Priest
Slayer

Browser version, lower barrier to entry should mean more people trying out the game
More options for storing items
Perhaps some dynamic spawn timers (but still predicable), so I can experience all oads without staying up half the night.

Favorite and least favorite part of the game:
Favorite is the pvp
Worst is the many time spans where there is nothing worth doing, other than leveling and I don't like leveling.

Why are you playing the game and why do you continue to play the game:
I like the small scale community building and competition with other small communities.

Any pointless systems or things you think could be removed or need improved to matter:
If I ever wanted to seriously use the AH to sell, the 20 item limit gets in the way very fast.
On AH, do the level ranges really have to be 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25 ? When only 1,8,15,20,25 matters.
Lack of storage space means I currently have 15 storage alts.
Would be nice if you could discover items with the research system and not be limited to items you already know, maybe it could even include hints of where to find the item.
Aka. Ackermann - Script/Build/Event.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:19 am

Terron wrote:yea thats cool, i just know it works cuz SS is pretty decent.
armor blocks melee damage so even with 20 wis melee character alot of your damage is deflected. right now there is nothing deflecting magic. wisdom doesnt seem relatively good enough to defeat chanters atm. thats all im getting at. guess i wait for elf/gnome dps characters

edit: is it a possibility that during combat we can see the difference between absorbs deflects and plain whiffs?

atm they all just say player attacked you but missed. only know when armor blocks by partial or half. the rest look like normal misses.

As folder says it already does this. Miss is actual dodge. Has nothing to do with armor. You're thinking ROK.

Deflect is shield, Rest is Absorb. If deflect is higher then absorb but both trigger/are successful, the higher value will display. If both are =, deflect will display.

Just tested it now and it seems fine, value wise too for dodge. I mean, the dodge formula is as primitive as it gets really. For players>

Dim LevelDifference As Double = AttackerLevel - DefenderLevel
Dim AgilityDifference As Double = AttackerDexterity - DefenderDexterity
Dim Chance As Double = DodgeBase + (LevelDifference * DodgePercentPerLevel) + (AgilityDifference * DodgePercentPerAgility)
Dim RollToDodge As Double = RandomNumberDouble(0, 100)

If Chance > RollToDodge Then
Return False
Else
Return True
End If

Dodge percent per agility is 2.25%, Dodge percent per level is 2.5%. Rest you can figure out by using the formula. Base is 40% for PVP, then you do a roll from 0.00% to 100.00%. (Random Double means it uses decimal points too.). If rolltododge is higher than chance, then you dodge. The above there is the literal formula taking from the game, nothing else effects it (you literally call Dodge() and get a true or false value, there's nothing else too it or additional modifying code), feel free to pick at it though.

I like RNG because it\s easy to really do, but also hate it because it can sometimes lead to false information. I mean this by if the RNG is around 40%, that means that without long amounts of data, theres a high chance that 40% of people will get the short end of the stick and think their character is terrible, and vise versa for good characters on the other % end. 100 attacks alone doesn't give enough data as it can vary.. I test the % using about 50000 attacks and it is almost always the same % wise>

For example let's do a MR test of 5k attacks.. 16 wisdom goblin, has a 52% chance to MR resist, which is obviously higher than dodge formulas for resisting at that point, as it should be for goblins.

First 5k: 52.22% MR resists
Second 5k: 51.28% MR resists
Third 5k: 52.38% MR resists
Fourth 5k: 52.86% mr resists
Fifth 5k: 51.47% MR resists.

As you can see, each 5k attacks gives very little play. That is because the RNG eventually isn't so RNG with enough attacks. You know you'll hit around 52%

Now, lets take only 100 attacks:

First 100: 57.7% MR resists
Second 100: 51% MR resists
Third 100: 44% MR resists
Fourth 100: 47% mr resists
Fifth 100: 61% MR resists.
Sixth 100: 45% MR resists.
Seventh 100: 53% MR resists.

Lots more variation here. Ultimately if you total those though it's ends up being 51.28% which is fair, but one or two battles won't cut it. (Though I think the MR is pretty fair, has a lower/higher than dodge but not too extreme, damage is probably what needs to be looked at if anything, but that's for another topic.) Even lower than 100 attacks (Let's say one fight with 20-30 attacks) you can expect a higher RND. With 33 attacks, it was 30% to 70% through a test. That means someone with 16% less resists (-4 less wisdom) would get around 14% to 54%. Aka it overlaps. If someone is lucky with lower wisdom, vs someone with higher wisdom who is unlucky, you might think it's better, (but it's really not). Testing needs to involve just the % of hits (probably at least 500 attacks), not actually if you die or not. That part is irreverent for %.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:21 am

ive never grabbed a dice and rolled a 0 lol

it usually starts from 1. starting from zero is 101 integers. that makes 40% = 39.4 right? lol.

the stoneskin thing just seemed off to me when characters with superior agility miss, sometimes several - to a dozen times in a row. but i guess youll never notice them hitting 10 in a row cuz youd already be dead.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:51 am

Zarkral wrote: ...
Browser version, lower barrier to entry should mean more people trying out the game
More options for storing items
Perhaps some dynamic spawn timers (but still predicable), so I can experience all oads without staying up half the night.
... Lack of storage space means I currently have 15 storage alts.
Would be nice if you could discover items with the research system and not be limited to items you already know, maybe it could even include hints of where to find the item.

I think it was me who requested a browser version, can't remember anyone else mentioning it (I could be wrong though).
And yeh! I forgot about storage space (I think this has been planned for introduction at some point. A way to expand your vault).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Terron wrote:ive never grabbed a dice and rolled a 0 lol

it usually starts from 1. starting from zero is 101 integers. that makes 40% = 39.4 right? lol.

For programming in this case of this formula it probably should be 0 to 99, but yeah that's true, it's 101 right now. I'll make a slight tweak.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Introduce randomly spawning pokemon and people will flock to the game!
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:16 am

daedroth wrote:Introduce randomly spawning pokemon and people will flock to the game!

I like that, we can have pokemon pets, gotta catch them all !!!!!

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:35 am

Hey guys this has been great data. Im collecting the feedback and future adjustments / builds will take this into account. If you already have not filled out the survey / questions please do. We have a lot of stuff coming so this is a great way to leave your mark on how it will play out.

In a few days I’ll touch on the highlights / common answers. From there I’ll get with build and see if we can get those adjustments in as well as keeping these things in mind for future areas and whatnot.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:41 am

Lateralus wrote:Hey guys this has been great data. Im collecting the feedback and future adjustments / builds will take this into account. If you already have not filled out the survey / questions please do. We have a lot of stuff coming so this is a great way to leave your mark on how it will play out.

In a few days I’ll touch on the highlights / common answers. From there I’ll get with build and see if we can get those adjustments in as well as keeping these things in mind for future areas and whatnot.

YESSS! POKEMON EMBER EDITION HERE WE COME!
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”