Using class/quest items in events

Folder

Using class/quest items in events

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 pm

I think this kinda goes along with my other post about item progression being meaningful. Class/quest oranges/crimson weaps are not allowed in some events, and personally I think this is the wrong approach

In their current state these items are -barely-, if at all, better than humming 400PP items, which anyone with the PP could buy. It makes progression feel dumb when you get a cool item and, oh, you're not allowed to use it because it maybe will do 2% more damage. I get that we want balance in events, but I think in this instance we've gone a bit too far with it and are basically punishing people for having marginally better gear.

I only really like playing my zerker in most events, and I can't even play it in some of them now because my weapon is disallowed. Same with people who won stalker items, and the guys who won necro items. I'd rather fight against them and feel good about beating someone with better gear than not see them in events at all. And if I lost, well let's be honest RNG was the determining factor in 99/100 of those fights.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Re: Using class/quest items in events

Postby Terron » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:43 am

the light that reflects off of orange gear is too powerful. i mean you either kneel or explode right?

i can see both sides of the argument. maybe for now keep it no supergear but i have to agree sooner or later it needs to be allowed.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Re: Using class/quest items in events

Postby daedroth » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:41 am

Aye it does seem counter productive.
At the very least add an extra equipment tab for armour and weapons so you can keep another set of equipment you can use (without needing to use up precious vault space with "event acceptable gear").
Make switching between gear use up all stamina.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”