current broken factors in game

Terron

current broken factors in game

Postby Terron » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:42 pm

for me these are the most broken items i've ran into

#1 - slayers
- not much else to really say about this class. f1 dir dir hide f1. get some talent. only class with rounding power. its overkill
-near unkillable solo to boot. most classes cant even out-damage a potion and if they do...nothing hide cant fix aye.

#2 - various druid builds
- this is only some of the variations ofc, but you wind up being close to a top melee unit ingame and get alot of mr for free. top melee and avg or better mr. this is wrecking the character triangle.
-i group goblin ninja here aswell. really not much difference in ninja damage by dropping a couple str for hella mr

#3 - magic
- magic vs melee - not much else to say other than magic isnt affected by armor. mage may die in 8 solid hits and kill in 8 hits but armor saves a mage.
-magic vs magic - are you gnome? if not you might aswell just delete.(add ward idea plz)
-hoping prefix/suffix gear alleviates this problem

#4 - whack agi builds
-im talking ling ninja/druid here
-taking a 22 agi character to koth and missing 38x in 10 rounds - NOICE!! (if this shit sticks around morph = 0 ac ty)

#5 - barbarians
-worthless in almost every aspect of the game. cant dodge cant resist. 8% bonus hps woot.

#6 - low stats (damage stats)
- these just arent competitive
-low str high mr characters (elf gnome ele) cant do enough damage to even beat magic. isnt about the resists, they resist plenty. they just straight out arent hitting a mage 20x before they take 8 spells.
-low int spellcasters. damage is so much lower and usually wisdom is lower aswell. currently they have no chance, pointless to make one.
-leaves very few build options all around. everyone is the same few characters.

#7 - races
-too many races with very high agi. this basically makes the game based on 22+ agi or forces you to choose high agi melee or magic to completely avoid agility. this causes races like human to just plain suck.
- saurians definitely need to drop 1 agi. currently they are just drakes with better mr and better damage
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

JadeFalcon

Re: current broken factors in game

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Mate

There is 1 thing broken in this game.
No players.

We keep going around in circles in "we need to balance x, fix y, implement a, content this and that" - that is something that will never end. Assuming we "fix" everything you've noted, more issues would come up for sure. So those are "as they come" factors.

Its all for nothing if no one is playing the game.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Cydon

Postby Cydon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 pm

>No players.

Hilarious coming from someone who just harasses people in to quit playing the game. You and the cancer guild you're in are the issue.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:13 pm

Guild not found.

people have different depictions of whats cancerous.

tyrargo clicks noobs could be cancerous to some. beats the alternative at the moment - staff this, fk that, corruption, suck my ballz, dem cheating fkers, staff hax ...did i say corruption...you would rather listen to that?

silh has 2 pkers really. tyrargo whos been absent for a month, and jake who plays 50 minutes a night. i attempt sometimes. ill run my chanter by and if they are mod/severe ill throw a round at em, but i aint wasting my time scouting out levelers that i cant round and will just run away. pking is an art form held by slayers.

players isnt an ingame factor imo, we dont have enough available and too much broken shit to keep players. rome wasnt built in a day tho. we could get 100 new players tomorrow and give them free 25ers and almost all of them will quit because its a mud, and if they manage to stay. they will quit when seeing those 7 things i posted.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:49 am

Cydon wrote:>No players.

Hilarious coming from someone who just harasses people in to quit playing the game. You and the cancer guild you're in are the issue.

There's no one PKing anymore, and if you want to talk about abuse let's do that. Your average PK results in rage pages of "fuck you", "you're a faggot", "go kill yourself", and on and on. Now THAT is abuse, PvP in a PvP game is not abuse.

There's no one PKing anymore in part because of that sad state of affairs. I would counter argue that the game losing all its PKers did far more damage to the playerbase than the PKers themselves did.

As far as all the "cancer" comments, come on man grow up a bit. If you've quit then why are you still shit smearing on the forums? You're not helping anything and frankly it turns off new people who read the forums. Feels like you have a vendetta and you're just lashing out as opposed to someone who actually wants to try and help the game grow :(

I mostly agree with Terron's stuff here although it's exaggerated and I don't think it's exactly ruining the game. My friend is a master of hyperbole :lol:
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:33 am

which part do you think is exaggerated? the 38 misses in 10 rounds?

nitehawk can you please pull up the last koth logs from xanthos/oogway and the last mosh from selena.

the rng is loose. mostly because it is 1d1000000. you will end up at times where u hit or miss very large streaks compared to if the system was 1d100 or 1d1000. i personally would do away with the decimals. and only use decimals to break ties. /shrug

all in all idgaf to even log on a melee characters anymore. at this point id rather just die to magic by just doing less damage. its far more infuriating to end a fight hitting only 10% of your attacks.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Well if we want to avoid RNG we would need to make different formulas that work the system differently. Sometimes you can do really well, sometimes you can suck. Having AGI gives you less of a chance to suck and a better chance to do well, but it doesn't mean it will occur all the time. You could suck with 24 agi 5 times in a row, or do really well 5 times in a row. RNG is kind of a bitch like that sometimes.

I know theres other designs but I'm not sure how their formula actually works. I think some games deal with it more that AGI doesn't effect as much per point, and level does. But then AGI boosts critical damage and things like that. Maybe someone has another idea for that.

Druids losing MR should of fixed them, but maybe they need more loss while morphed, etc on other things. Maybe magic can play a part of damage in the future but it probably requires a pretty hefty change on how it would work without breaking everyone else.

I do agree with Folder that some of these things are exaggerated. Barbarians I can understand with MR and then wither being added to that, but AGI is a set 1.25 agi, while that is a hit, its not a major hit. Saurians could do with lower bonuses then drakes possibly, but that's not a huge changer.

Slayers with rounding power has always been a dispute. I always thought they are a bit to hard hitting for no extra work but maybe it's that they need to be more like glass cannons as they don't 'really' have that many negative things at the moment for the 4-4.5x hit.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 pm

tbh nothing but slayers can round and it ruins your game. wait i lied, ive been double stab rounded with 1098 max hps by buffed brig so its 100% proven that slayer is overkill. using buffs to accomplish roundage is fine imo

i mean yeah the rng cant be so tight where its like 1d10 and theres no fluctuation, but i feel like it is a tad sloppy atm.

atm you can just stand and say these x classes are only good pve and only these 3-4 will be pvp forever, but that just feels kinda lame.

some of the problems dont occur 100% of the time but they are far more offputting than most things. its at the point i basically cant stand having under 23 agi i know very often its just not going to be acceptable. again these happen just a little too often for my liking.

magic will be weak again if prefix/suffix enchantments have any sort of negation properties. so im really not worried about it tbh. could nerf magic. would please some people. same people would just later complain that slayers rape their face 100% of fights. havent we dont the switcheroo mage/slayer meta dance enough already? (definitely add that ward idea so lesser stat races can still be ok)

the biggest thing for me is i have quite a few friends that play muds and none even care to try ember after reading the bs and seeing 1 class have rounding power. i tend to agree with their outlook. either lots of classes need rounding power or none do. they, and most others arent going to enjoy/stay on a game where they cant be pvp competitive with their preferred main class.

last one is the low stats - i have a level 23 gnome monk with best u can get gear on(not perf hums but close) i have dueled a few level 21-24 chanters/dms. my stats are 16 21 17 11 21 17 this is 76% mr. i have never done over 300 damage in a duel it straight up cant hit. and when i do i need to hit 25x to their 10 to win. this isnt competitive stat damage. it just straight up isnt. isnt competitive 4 stam vs 3, definitely not going to work 5 vs 4 with higher armor set for mage.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:51 am

Possibility:
Hp % bonus based on all classes (not just barbarian/knight).
Maybe even Hit Rate/Dodge/MR based on all classes (example thief: + to dodge, - to hit rate, lower % HP).

More work possibilities (basically remodeling the game):
Stat Charts (think pretty much most rpg games: AGL will give a +/- to hit/dodge based on how low/high etc).
"saving throws" based on classes.
Stats do more things.
etc.

Ps. Still like my fatigue system for weapons/armour (heavier weapons/armour means slower stamina recharge, armour protects more though, could introduce materials/enchantments that give more protection/damage or increase stamina recharge etc etc). :ugeek:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Cydon

Postby Cydon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:15 pm

>Your average PK results in rage pages of "fuck you", "you're a faggot", "go kill yourself", and on and on. Now THAT is abuse, PvP in a PvP game is not abuse.

You think PVP can;t be abused? It can literally stop someone from being able to level ANY CHARACTER THEY HAVE. Sometimes those responses are warranted. The person who is literally stalking a player and ALL OF THEIR ALTS is abuse. You don't even have to PK them. Just consistently show up and attack them while they are leveling on every single character they have. Eventually you can't level without the threat that you will get PK'd. Not to mention the SUPER CHEESE of just PKers attacking a couple times then letting the actual mobs you are fighting kill you. Lose more exp and then they can get around the 3 PK an hour rule. Tyrargo was consistently abusing this and made multiple people quit the game. You can talk about the verbage used after this, but it was 100% warranted. Don't be a giant dickbag and harass lowbies because you have a power trip and maybe people would stay and enjoy the game. Like I said, it's not just "PK", its any PVP from a level 25 crushes someone > level 23. The 3 pk an hour is a joke since many players lose a couple million over those 3 deaths and only have an hour to play (not the retired, i have no job, disbaled, I play for 16 hour a day types). You basically get all your time wasted. WHO WANTS TO DO THAT????? Well not me, my friends, my coworkers, or most people. So you can say PVP isn't the reason the game doesn't have any players, but it's not true at all.

Return to “Archive Chat”