Stay as is and give Champion's Marks
53%
Give PP to account automatically
47%

Total votes: 17
Terron

Re: Daily Quest - Rewards Poll

Postby Terron » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:36 pm

there is flaws/merits either way. but id be less inclined to buy anything under 25 because there is no purpose to. pp system is failing because im pretty sure half of the playerbase doesnt even compete. also there just isnt enough pp in general. i posted dozens of event ideas last year, in which most players and staff agreed would be cool. they arent being ran i doubt theyre even created.

lets say for instance pp items get increased costs and marks become pp. as it sits people train characters and cap out at level 25. lets say staff takes 1000 combined hours implementing and creating a vast set of pp items. players start gathering pp and go to buy an item. they will ignore everything but top end 25er items. theres no events for level 15/16 so no reason to bother with those items. theres no events or purpose for level 20 items as nothing is ran with a 20 cap. so what u have is a bunch of items to assist in training, which i doubt will last further than a few purchases. craft items, which are easier to achieve from oads. and equipment for level 24s if its even allowed in jr events. and the only realistic items for purchase 25 gear.

in the second scenario marks do not become pp. you can gather marks and convert them for pp which is a slow process. or u can spend them on training/craft/bane items to make questing easier in the long run, increasing conversion speed in the process. in this system if u need a craft piece or a training staple youd more than welcome chucking some marks for a "leg up". remember you can do all this and still convert to pp and hope pp system gets some real buyables that arent a syatem of whack items for all levels.

im good either way, just telling ya, the moment all this stuff is pp based, i literally have 0 interest in anything that isnt endgame 25er stuff.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:44 pm

PP by far. Would feel like i have something to work on, on my 25er. I dont like leveling. But this is a purely personal opinion, of course.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Terron wrote:im good either way, just telling ya, the moment all this stuff is pp based, i literally have 0 interest in anything that isnt endgame 25er stuff.

I agree with Terron on this. If these items are converted into PP item, I would most likely skip over any of the lvl20 leveling items for endgame 25 items. I already ignore 150pp items as they seem not worth spending on, adding anything below that without major endgame uniqueness would not entice me to buy them. I like the daily quest are pve and rewards with unique pve weapons. I do agree some people don't get a chance to compete in pvp events and would have less of a chance to save up pp, but at the moment you can already convert marks to PP. Maybe a better conversion of marks to pp, but I don't think we should switch the rewards straight to PP.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

pp needs its own set of standards really there needs to be more vast amount of events. especially ones that staff arent required to run. i mean for all intensive purposes you could run moshes/events for level 1(5),15, 20, 24, and 25(stamina progression doesnt really allow level 8).

another option is daily/weekly world oads that grant pp on hit(or percentage) can make these nopk if needed and drop nothing. chance of pp each hit and 25 on killshot or something. can have its own area that cycles into existence or an existing one.

idea 1: weekend displacer beast - 1.2 mil hit points

abilities - high dodge, high resist, immune to debuffs.
33% chance when struck(hit or miss) to teleport attacker to any square within 40 squares.

rewards - 5% chance to gain 1 pp every hit. 3 pp burst cloud to all players in room when it dies. 22 pp on kill shot

despawns at each 100k damage, arrises 12x randomly over a weekend.

objective: be on /shrug

idea 2: test of endurance - insanely OP boss

-abilities - its op as fk, barrages, silences, paralyzes, 1 shot ability, aoe, mirror room warp(ouch), summons, etc

-challenge- random spawn within each week stays until defeated, boss is locked to 1 party. party goes in and lives as long as possible, once dead next group runs in repeat as much as you can endure.

rewards: mass pp for group, possibly - random endgame crafting supplies, random purple, 5% ember chance

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:37 pm

I haven't really voted cos I don't think that there is much difference between the 2 systems in the end - assuming rewards are scaled accordingly (perhaps pay in copper hero coins rather than direct pp so ppl who wish to sell their pp can do so without incurring the conversion pentalty)

As for what others are saying re the lvl20 lvling tools as prizes, I do think I might consider buying one, but probably not many .... Cos the lvl 25 endgame stuff does seem better usefulness long term. Perhaps there is a better way to engineer the levelling tool prize but effectively give ppl what they want. What do ppl want? They want to do what they could do in ROK: ie throw their uber awesome endgame weapon on their newest newbie character and level with it (while knowing that it is soul soulbound and won't be risked) and then throw the weapon back to their other endgame chats etc. therefore I propose 2 items as replacement items that can make this happen:
1. Scroll of account bound (soulbinds item to account rather than char).... Or perhaps it's a scroll for a higher type of soulbound that is completely unlocked from chars (like sb from ROK) which makes these items easier to sell rather than having to unsb them from account first
2. Ring of inheritance (when equipped it let's a lowbie character equip items that are beyond its level restriction .... This item can only be regular soulbound to character and not account bound or sb without character lock)

Obviously these items would cost quite abit of pp/marks but it would add some kick to the economy in terms of incentive to invest in getting best equipment due to introducing a potential longevity of usage that is restricted now by the thought of paying 100k each time you want to move a sb item around between chars.

Other items for either prize system: I also think scrolls of 20m and 50m exp should be prizes to either rewards system so that ppl can effectively buy leveling jobs from a trustworthy source via these scrolls. Maybe throw in a mystery box as a prize also for ppl who wanna gamble lol (tho lots of transparency on potential prizes and odds must be given here)

Cheers.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Well look...I myself am split on to keep the current 2 systems or bring into 1.

They both have their pros and cons but honestly logically right now it’s just split into 2 systems but moving it to 1 system would be the same thing if we carry over the Champ rewards at the same cost.

For the people who say if it was pp I’d just save for the top pvp item. If that’s how you feel then you can actually do that with this system too so it’s not really a valid point.

I broke it down in my first post 375 causal quests in current and combined system so unless I remove pp completely from the champ system you can’t really use that as an argument.

What I do get however is having separate systems for the fact that you don’t want the pve items super easy to get with pp.

Pve weapons for example cost 75 champ marks and that would translate to like 1 koth win which really throws things off and ruins the whole point of doing dailies. So I get that part and that alone makes me want to scrap the merge.

I also know that most games go with two separate systems for the reason of longevity (have to grind at both) which I think is a good idea as well.

Reguardless if we put them together or keep them separate we are going to revamp pp rewards so more than just top tier weapons are useful. We will be rearranging and adding to make rewards more useful. Will also be renaming the pp armor and weapons since I know not everyone liked the names.

Also @ant yea scrolls are a good idea I’ll look into adding those to pve rewards.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:18 pm

I agree with Terron on this. If these items are converted into PP item, I would most likely skip over any of the lvl20 leveling items for endgame 25 items. I already ignore 150pp items as they seem not worth spending on, adding anything below that without major endgame uniqueness would not entice me to buy them. I like the daily quest are pve and rewards with unique pve weapons. I do agree some people don't get a chance to compete in pvp events and would have less of a chance to save up pp, but at the moment you can already convert marks to PP. Maybe a better conversion of marks to pp, but I don't think we should switch the rewards straight to PP.

Then you would probably ignore any champion items or weaker items that are lower level too for the better ones. I.E. If theres a level 20 champion sword vs a level 25 champion sword that take the same amount of effort as current, I doubt many would actually go for the level 20 items if they want to hold off for better items. The PVE weapons would be the same amount of effort/time to get, just easier to manage IMO.

The PP amount are about the same in terms of how much you can gain through either system.

I also know that most games go with two separate systems for the reason of longevity (have to grind at both) which I think is a good idea as well.

If the systems were to be separate, or stay separate, then the means to trade the champion coins to PP should be removed. Otherwise you are just making more effort for no real reason, and if it was to stay in place, then the systems should merge. Because its literally doing the same thing as one system would do now for the most case with it in. I honestly think the system should house both PVE and PVP items. Makes events and doing the quests useful and keeps everything tidy. If someone wants a PVE or a PVE item let them, they both have uses. It makes 0 sense to say it gives longevity if you can convert it to PP.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:57 pm

both have up and downs. i would say if champ marks dont convert to pp, then really whats the point? you buy a couple training items like a sooperdooper bandit smasher for whatever you prefer to train on and then the system is 100% dead to you. im being honest here. all thats left is maybe grabbing a few of the easiest quests here and there for a craft item/ember.

at the same you could have the system where its all pp. and you are rewarded endgame items for; excuse my sarcasm, destroying 100s or even thousands of monsters half your level. this just sounds to me like you need more bosses lol. you really think i, as a player, should kill 16 raiders 49 lumbering bears, 202 mosquitos , a small snake and an astral archer and get a sword that is better than archfiend drops? this system idea makes oads worthless lmfao.

how bout fk the dumb shit, you want people to compete for oads? make the oads reward pp. build more events and make those reward more pp. and leave the slow progression mark conversion to pp.

edit: I dunno if you dont see the real dilemma here. this whole topic is just about easier PP progression. the outlying problem is PP gain. the entire mark system's item-base will become mostly unused if its just pp. i think theres just better ways to implement pp rewards into the game without turning daily quest into a hyper pp factory.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:20 am

Thinking about it more, I think there is benefit for keeping 2 systems .... Cos as Lat pointed out, it's very easy to get PP for ppl who are on for events and this might mean it actually dis-incentivises doing the daily quests which are designed to promote/increase active-player-hours

Converting of champions marks to PP is a must otherwise you greatly reduce the incentive to do the daily quests and lose the aim of generating active-player-hours. So the conversion must stay. But it should be a one way conversion (ie from pve daily quests to pvp pp rewards). Ppl who get PP easily cos they are online when events are run shouldn't be able to buy the top pve prizes with super ease (eg 20m or 50m exp scrolls, scroll of unsoulbinding etc etc) otherwise all it would take is a couple of pvp event wins in the pvp system and ppl walk away with a items worth either 100k or 20-50mill in the pve world... This would effectively reduce active player hours in the game and provide disincentive to do daily quests for ppl who could earn PP much easier in pvp events cos they happen to live in good Timezone etc.

Basically you don't want someone only to log on and do events and not bother doing daily quests or any other type of active player interaction. Keeping the systems seperate will probably make it easier to promote active player hours by incentivising both pve and pvp with different rewards (and only one way conversion from Marks to PP to accommodate for fact that many cant be online for events)

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 am

anthriel wrote:Thinking about it more, I think there is benefit for keeping 2 systems .... Cos as Lat pointed out, it's very easy to get PP for ppl who are on for events and this might mean it actually dis-incentivises doing the daily quests which are designed to promote/increase active-player-hours

Converting of champions marks to PP is a must otherwise you greatly reduce the incentive to do the daily quests and lose the aim of generating active-player-hours. So the conversion must stay. But it should be a one way conversion (ie from pve daily quests to pvp pp rewards). Ppl who get PP easily cos they are online when events are run shouldn't be able to buy the top pve prizes with super ease (eg 20m or 50m exp scrolls, scroll of unsoulbinding etc etc) otherwise all it would take is a couple of pvp event wins in the pvp system and ppl walk away with a items worth either 100k or 20-50mill in the pve world... This would effectively reduce active player hours in the game and provide disincentive to do daily quests for ppl who could earn PP much easier in pvp events cos they happen to live in good Timezone etc.

Basically you don't want someone only to log on and do events and not bother doing daily quests or any other type of active player interaction. Keeping the systems seperate will probably make it easier to promote active player hours by incentivising both pve and pvp with different rewards (and only one way conversion from Marks to PP to accommodate for fact that many cant be online for events)

I think you nailed it on the head...

As much as id like to just toss it into 1 system I think converting to pp makes it wayy to easy for event winners to just get top pve prizes.

1 event win basically means a currently top pve weapon . By combining them it just makes it too easy for people who have pp or win events to get all the pve prizes and if we raise those pve prizes costs it make it way to hard for people who are just doing daily stuff to get anything useful from just doing daily stuff.

For example if we combine the systems 1 event win means 75 days of casual pve quests... Events are not that hard to win you can win 30pp in koth by getting lucky and going last then winning your very random no skill needed 1v1 match.

While pve to pvp works it does not work the other way.

You could up how much all the pve rewards are but in doing that you destroy the whole point of doing the daily quests in that it takes 200+ days of casual quests to get anything useful in the pve system.

If possible Id like to keep the pp conversion for incentive for people that only care about that but maybe up it a bit so you are losing a bit more in the conversion and it gives incentive to use your pve points on pve rewards instead of converting.

Return to “Archive Chat”