53%
Give PP to account automatically
47%

Total votes: 17
anthriel

Re: Daily Quest - Rewards Poll

Postby anthriel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Lateralus wrote:
If possible Id like to keep the pp conversion for incentive for people that only care about that but maybe up it a bit so you are losing a bit more in the conversion and it gives incentive to use your pve points on pve rewards instead of converting.

I don't think you need to make a conversion loss for Marks to PP (it's going to be lots of grind already to get PP via Marks rather than playing at the right hours and getting a lucky koth win so you don't need any further disincentive to those who only do daily quests cos it's their only way to access PP). In order to incentivize ppl to care about the pve rewards, It's better to just be creative and find good stuff that will actually make the pve rewards worthwhile.

I'm guessing there's lots who play at event-friendly times who basically just log on for events not bother with anything else (ie their leveling days are largely done and they have the equip they need from OADs etc so pp items is all the have left to care about). How to incentivize them to be more active (ie do daily quests)? You have to offer them things they might want but that they can't get via pp system. Here are some possible examples of things that event-only players can't access: unsoulbind scroll, exp scrolls (ie trustworthy levelling job), monster pics etc...

And here are some types of items that don't yet have precedents existing but could be consideration for very high end pve prizes: scroll of name change (for bought/sold chars), scroll of race mod, scroll of div change etc.

I know some of these type items were slated as rewards for paying real money and this can still be done too. But pve means active player hours generated which generates interest for pvp in the world too (eg fight to collect items, PKing etc).... Basically pve is the core of the game's active player hours and daily quests are aiming to promote that. And there should be appropriately good rewards that incentivizes the players who are "functionally done with pve now and only want to pvp" back into some pve-type player interaction (which will lead to pvp anyway). Basically I think rewarding players well for active play is the key to having a healthy game where ppl have incentive to do active stuff at all times rather than mainly idling and only becoming active at events or set OAD times.

Cheers.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:27 am

I agree with Ant.
I have won about 100pp in my ingame life, and thats what, two years? I buy every pp i can... and still short. I am quite excited about these daily quests because they give me something to do, for something i want - To be honest, i am not a fan of leveling.

Plussss it keeps me out of pk'ing. Just saying :mrgreen:
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:21 am

Agreed ant and jade. Champs marks will likely stay separate and provide pve based requests that pp does not.

Exp scrolls are a bit iffy because players can just bypass 20 some levels with. 25mil exp scroll but will find a way to make stuff like that work.

First will prob be the equipment planned like gloves boots rings and ammys. I want some easy to obtain equipment in there as well that’s useful for the true casual. Will start with some rings first since that’s already coded. Boots and gloves need a minor fix but will be next. I’ll spend a good part of tomorrow revamping and adding to the system as well as polishing some quests up a bit. I really appreciate all the feedback I feel like people are generally excited and I want to take advantage of that rather than leaving people lingering and waiting to spend their points because they are unsure of what’s up. I feel like people forget and lose interest when we announce something and then it takes longer than anticipated (stat changes for example).

Anyways like I said working on the system have talked to hawk about most of it and will try to finalize tomorrow so you guys can get back to grinding.

Todo:
Next few days
Finalize that it’s 2 systems
Adjust values slightly some up and some down now that we have seen it in action.
Add equipment/items and rewards.
Adjust and add new quests (moving some casual to hardcore and some new casual).

Near future
Adjustment and addition of pp items

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:39 am

Working on weapons within the system.

What’s more interesting to you guys and what would you rather have and save up your champ marks for?

Option 1
An item that is account bound that you can equip at level 18 that would be powerwise equal to a level 20 purple but with a bane against npcs making its damage about 10% over a current level 25 purple against npcs.

Think heirloom for leveling from wow but also a great tool for pve at level 25

Cost 125 champs

Option 2
Individual Character bound item that is level 25 say equal to a blue against players but would be damage wise with the bane against npcs 10% over a purple.

Think just a good weapon for pvp and great pve weapon. Bound to 1 char not used for leveling.

Cost 150 champs

Option 3
Options for both but toned down.

Level 15 equipable weapon equal to a level 20 blue that is account bound with a small bane making its damage equal to a level 25 blue damage wise to npcs (12% less pve damage than option 1)
Cost 75 champs

Option 2 as well
Cost 150 champs

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:01 am

<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:51 am

however i think the damage should be lower and the bane higher imo. if its equal to a purple 20 item it barely has any difference in pvp to most 25er items. 4-5 damage really isnt a penalty i think there should be a risk factor. maybe have the ad be like a purple 15 weapon and the bane make the damage 20% higher than a purple 25 item.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 am

Terron wrote:#1

however i think the damage should be lower and the bane higher imo. if its equal to a purple 20 item it barely has any difference in pvp to most 25er items. 4-5 damage really isnt a penalty i think there should be a risk factor. maybe have the ad be like a purple 15 weapon and the bane make the damage 20% higher than a purple 25 item.

Keep in mind we are scaling level 25 weapons and armors to give more separation between green blue and purple meaning level 20 items will have more distance between the top level 25 items.

Might go blue lvl 20 damage just so there is still a point to strive good purple level 20 items for koths and stuff as well tho so good point.

Adramelk

Postby Adramelk » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:35 am

I would say option #1.

My question is; how would that work for casters? Or are they screwed? Also, is it possible to make the "weapon" available to all melee classes and bypass the weapon type?

Inverno

Postby Inverno » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:35 am

#1 seens good to me...
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:45 am

Adramelk wrote:I would say option #1.

My question is; how would that work for casters? Or are they screwed? Also, is it possible to make the "weapon" available to all melee classes and bypass the weapon type?

Probably not because of weapon damage scaling. For example a pally can equip a blunt or a sword, but blunts do more damage per AD.
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”