Max Character Accounts

What should the max character limit be? (Non-Premium/Premium)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:06 pm

25/50
33%
30/60
7%
40/80
No votes
50/75
7%
50/100
No votes
50/150
53%
Other (Explain)
No votes

Total votes: 15
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Max Character Accounts

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:06 am

I want to get everyone on one account, I think it's needed. It's too messy right now and I want to resolve this, specially with the upcoming updates. Please remember things like storage alts for keys will be in the past as we are introducing things such as key vaults for guilds per city, and other neat things like that.

Remember the following:
-You probably shouldn't have 'character holder names' past about 20 that aren't leveled. Sorry, I don't think it's fair that someone makes 200 characters and never uses them ever.
-Don't include anything that you'd share in the limit. I.E. Guild vault key holders, etc.
-Premium Members will increase this limit to a rather high amount so take into account that people who want 500 alts or whatever the amount will be. They will also have double global vault space, and a house to store more items locally. Prem will be cheap and it's a way of supporting the server. Right now we spend $70 a month, its not so cheap for a game that makes no money and is not going P2W. So Premium needs to have benefits that actually look good. Setting the limit too high means it's not a benefit and whats the point/etc.

For my guess, I would be thinking 100 or 150 would be a good 'starter' limit. What does the peeps think? We shall poll it.

Terron

Re: Max Character Accounts

Postby Terron » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:12 am

i vote other

i say max 12 (25ers) - you can have 1 of each class but if you want to have multiples of the same class you'll have to make a sacrifice. generates a trade market for characters aswell.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

CGI

Postby CGI » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:18 am

Wow. I think there's an extra 0 on every option here.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:22 am

There is people whom have like 20 or 30 level 25ers. Telling them tough luck isn't an option at this point. I know you guys might think it's an option but you'll crush peoples motivations. 'LULS YOU KNOW ALL THAT HARD WORK YOU DID, WE'RE REMOVING HALF OF YOUR ALTS AND THEN YOU CANT LEVEL ANYMORE GL.'

Specially since theres not much to do yet. Maybe a lower alt limit would be a thing if there was a ton post game to do. At the moment making people prevent leveling would pretty much cut the game in half on what you can do. We're working on it, but its a slow process.

The absolute minimum I'd probably do right now would be 50.

Miach

Postby Miach » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:23 am

I am more interested in whats going to happen with my alternate account?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:24 am

Miach wrote:I am more interested in whats going to happen with my alternate account?

You'll have to merge accounts or delete useless alts. They'll be a fast track for merging.

People whom abuse the one acc limit will simply be banned, but I'll obviously give people a grace period to deal with accounts.

Inverno

Postby Inverno » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:34 am

The vault system actually made me create many chars. They are not name holders. They are item holders. Even made a excel spreadsheet to organize all alts lol.

100 alt limit seens to be good (plus the vault enhancement that NH said).
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

Miach

Postby Miach » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:40 am

Will you also be incorporating a time limit for level 1 characters so that they auto delete after say a week of being/staying level 1?

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:14 pm

i cant imagine needing more than 25 25ers. i mean this update is going to push advancing the same characters via achievements/crafting etc.

30 25ers 50 max alts. but that already seems excessive

i really think the limit needs to be low so there is some sort of drawback from having 20 of the same class. or like making a horc slayer of every div you should lose out on perfecting a different class
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:50 pm

Miach wrote:Will you also be incorporating a time limit for level 1 characters so that they auto delete after say a week of being/staying level 1?

Premium has a way to reclaim names (X amount per month). Not sure about forcing deletion on it's own though. I may do a one time deal on wiping chars that were never used.

Return to “Archive Chat”