Max Character Accounts

What should the max character limit be? (Non-Premium/Premium)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:06 pm

25/50
33%
30/60
7%
40/80
No votes
50/75
7%
50/100
No votes
50/150
53%
Other (Explain)
No votes

Total votes: 15
Lateralus

Re: Max Character Accounts

Postby Lateralus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:36 pm

I think keeping at the current 50 is fine (if we could actually go lower than that when creating a new account 25 I’d be all for that) with premium I guess 100 is good.

Tbh most free games don’t even give enough slots to create 1 if every class then the incentive is to buy premium so you have that option.

Without key, item and name holders I doubt most would need anything near to 50.

By giving players more Alt room you enable them to create storeage alts instead of buying premium to expand vault and have house.

Tldr: I said other should be 25-50 standard 100 with premium.

_X_

Postby _X_ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:17 pm

Would paying premium, give us one voucher for a character boost, lets say to level 23 (or exp equivlent, so not all classes would hit 23)? This would 100% get me to buy in as I have maybe 30 minutes a week to play....

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:15 pm

I've voted other.

I think 50 is fine already, but some may want more than that. My vote is somewhere between 50 and 100. Maybe 75?

If we're getting expanded vault and houses to store stuff, we no longer really need storage alts. As for name holders, if you're holding the name just use it otherwise free it up. I thought about taking Wolfgang and Mozart when I made Amadeus for future bards. I'm pretty sure those were free when I made him, but I rather someone else take them. I don't see a problem if someone have 20+ 25ers. Let them have them if they spend all that time leveling. There's not much else to do at the moment when not leveling at the moment unless you're doing OaDs, so let levelers level.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:25 pm

_X_ wrote:Would paying premium, give us one voucher for a character boost, lets say to level 23 (or exp equivlent, so not all classes would hit 23)? This would 100% get me to buy in as I have maybe 30 minutes a week to play....

There will be a XP/Gold boost based on a companion pet, it is not attacked, and when it's out it grants said bonuses. It does stack with other bonuses too.

I was intending on doing a 'wheel' you spin, where you gain masks (image changes), companion pets (xp/gold boosts) and then other things. XP COULD be a part of it but I'm worried about how fair it is. It's going to be a low chance even if its in, and it won't be something you could expect every month. Sorry mate. I get you have little time but I think it might be an issue if it was a easy thing to get in game.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Ohko wrote:I've voted other.

I think 50 is fine already, but some may want more than that. My vote is somewhere between 50 and 100. Maybe 75?

If we're getting expanded vault and houses to store stuff, we no longer really need storage alts. As for name holders, if you're holding the name just use it otherwise free it up. I thought about taking Wolfgang and Mozart when I made Amadeus for future bards. I'm pretty sure those were free when I made him, but I rather someone else take them. I don't see a problem if someone have 20+ 25ers. Let them have them if they spend all that time leveling. There's not much else to do at the moment when not leveling at the moment unless you're doing OaDs, so let levelers level.

Well the houses to start are premium only. The guild vaults though will be gold and the guild key vault per city is free, but only allows certain items that we specify.

75 might be a OK line between some names you want to keep and current, maybe 50 is OK too.

Miach

Postby Miach » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:27 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Premium has a way to reclaim names (X amount per month). Not sure about forcing deletion on it's own though. I may do a one time deal on wiping chars that were never used.

Can I get premium yet?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:11 am

How are you going to get people to restrict themselves to one account though?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:30 am

Ok, the conflicting issues are:
- We dont want people to hoard names
- We dont want people to be mad or forced to have several accounts if they have hundreds of 25ers

So how about incrementing the number of characters depending on the number of 25ers you have?

For example:
You start with 5max accounts for 0 25ers
When you have 1 25er in your account, your max gets incremented by 5 (so 10 max accounts)
When you have 5 25ers, your max gets incremented by 5 again (so 20 max accounts)
.. and so forth

This would not give room for people to hoard names they didnt plan to use in the foreseable future
It would also not give reason to create multiple accounts, or block serial 25er levelers of having as many 25ers as they want
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:44 am

daedroth wrote:How are you going to get people to restrict themselves to one account though?

By banning them. It's pretty logical.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:41 am

NiteHawk wrote:
daedroth wrote:How are you going to get people to restrict themselves to one account though?

By banning them. It's pretty logical.

I should have phrased my question better :geek:
How are you going to check/verify that they have only one account?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”