No
25%
Yes but (ideas posted below)
8%

Total votes: 12
Kawasaki

Shared experience

Postby Kawasaki » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:36 pm

Do you think we should include shared experience? A few ideas behind this is that all the people must actually be actively fighting the monster, then the main killer gets the largest share of experience, after that it gets divided evenly between all the party members that are fighting. If a level 25 is attacking a monster with a level 1 then I believe the level 1 should get a drastically lowered experience gain to prevent power leveling.

Lateralus

Re: Shared experience

Postby Lateralus » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:43 pm

I think it could be done but might be a bit hard to program around and a lot of complications (easy to abuse, what about healers in party, what happens if its dragged or hit by a different party, just a lot to keep track of for maybe a minor benefit?).

I kinda like how rok was unique in that you actually got some exp for hitting a monster rather than just the kill shot. I like that builders could play around with setting monster exp. You could have it mostly on the killshot or none on the killshot and more on actually hitting the monster.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:43 pm

I played revelation with dustin and this was how that game did exp in parties. If one party does the majority of the exp then that party got all the exp. Code wise I imagine this would be a son of a bitch to code. I also think it would conflict with the way Rok used a Pod (point of damage) system for exp which is the most fair for anyone even in parties as it keeps people attacking and stops leeching.

So I vote no because if a leveling system ain't broke why fix it?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:18 am

I am mixed on this.

I would like to see shared experience, the problem will be the implenentation and fairness.
The easiest way would be divided amongst all members in the party, this would be irrespective of contribution, Irrespective of contribution because the cleric's sole job may be healing, the thief may just be robbing, sorcerer ss'ing. The thing is though if a party is not happy with the contribution someone is making (or lack off), then kick them out of the party :)
However that would be easily abused. So there would need to be some major penalties for high level peeps being in the party if the rest are low. The reason being something i mentioned in a similar post, if your being babysitted by a level 25 your not really in much danger.

Hope that made sense.

However if this cant be done fairly then as Rodeo said, "if it aint broke dont fix it".
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Shared exp is already in. It's only shared I the KS of the mob tho.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:49 am

thank you for the info sir. what effect does level diff have?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:58 pm

Ok I am sure there was another reply to this, or something about shared exp at least... cant find it though so ill just carry on with the below:

One potential exploit to get past the level difference would be a guardian /protect'ing a low level alt and then disbanding party...
Maybe /protect should only work if you protecting someone in the party you are in?
Also i remember people /protect'ing monsters at oad spots (which was actually a clever tactic to use; if you were waiting for back up)
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”