Music

JadeFalcon

Music

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu May 31, 2018 8:10 am

https://www.shutterstock.com/music/sear ... site=music

There are lots of stock music that are available free of cost - and it would be nice to turn Ember from a "silent" thing into something that has an atmosphere.

I think each area could have each song (not sure how to deal with transition).
It wouldnt hurt!
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Kruell

Re: Music

Postby Kruell » Thu May 31, 2018 12:14 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:I think each area could have each song (not sure how to deal with transition).

Most people either turn off their music or turn down their speakers on games like this. If done, I think the client would need to have a seperate volume setting for SFX and Music. The game is already done in a way where each area could have it's own music. The simplest way would be to use MIDI files on the client side and simply have triggers in certain areas to switch from the "default" music to area specific music. This would also allow people to "skin" their own music packages if they don't like what is offered. Alternately there could be an entry on the server for area music. Either way, the transition should be simple as long as the music choices weren't too abysmal.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:40 am

I request Aqua - Barbie Girl.
You know I still remember ye'olde RoK music :|
And the pulling chain sound, the beasties dying sound, and who could forget the eating/drinking sounds?
I wonder how much of an affect this would have on the server?
I am fine with or without music.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:53 pm

How about an option to add what music we want, it would be the users own responsibility for it to be a legal sound to play and as an option as a mp3 player for sounds and music

Return to “Archive Chat”