Divs x Neutral Chars

JadeFalcon

Re: Divs x Neutral Chars

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:34 am

I never posted regarding this, and now its too late, but...

I dont like the Neutral chars idea :(
It sort of defeat not only the original paper/scissor/rock div system, which adds flair and forces tactical choice on players, but it also sort of makes embers redundant... which seems silly considering the game is named "Ember Online".

I say disable the ability to create new Neutral chars... but that's me.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 am

Unfort that won't happen :P I do agree that you forfeit alot of things, including using div weapons etc. (like the dragon weapons), but that's more your call. I think the divinity is OK overall and things as we talked about are a reason why on the first page you wouldn't pick i. I can understand that some OADs need some adjustments to slide towards 2-3 divinities rather then all 5 though.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:57 pm

honestly there needs to be 7 divinties and neutral

7 divinites allows you to have 2 weaknesses and 2 strongpoints, but since u cant stack multiple embers ur going to remain weak to atleast something.

could also do a flat pick a path to differentiate characters further by making them select good or evil upon creation aswell. and give then different factors by doing so.

all in all if it was 7 divs and good/evil you could honestly build the exact same character 10+ times and it would never be the same.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:58 pm

I don't think you necessarily need 2 weaknesses/strength for each divinity. I think it would be interesting if there are the 5 currently divs and instead of neutral have chaotic where it's not weak/strong against the 5 divs but weak against other chaotic.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Ohko wrote:I don't think you necessarily need 2 weaknesses/strength for each divinity. I think it would be interesting if there are the 5 currently divs and instead of neutral have chaotic where it's not weak/strong against the 5 divs but weak against other chaotic.

Having neutral weak against other neutrals might be a thing but I dunno if I see a point yet. Mainly because I don't know how good it is. I think it's 'better' in peoples heads but honestly your div weakness can be offset using the divinity you are weak against for msot of it. It's not fullproof, but a 10% bonus can become 2 or 4% if you have a shield or armor instead of super resistance to the div you are strong on.)

Buuuuut, I kinda think its a interesting thing too. Neutral weak against neutral kinda thing.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:51 am

i figured thats where good and evil could come into play. it would still affect neutrals. maybe even allow neutrals to use good/evil embers.(different ones not the type we have currently)
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Zarkral

Postby Zarkral » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:32 am

Terron wrote:i figured thats where good and evil could come into play. it would still affect neutrals. maybe even allow neutrals to use good/evil embers.(different ones not the type we have currently)

Currently you could say that neutrals has div over evil and are weak to good relative to the five other playable divs, but the bonus/penalty is lower.
Aka. Ackermann - Script/Build/Event.

Return to “Archive Chat”