Slayers - What to do with them? (REVOTE)

What should we do with slayers? (Read the options in the post)

Poll ended at Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:04 am

Number #1
13%
Number #2
19%
Number #3
25%
Number #4 (NEW)
16%
Number #5 (NEW)
19%
Number #6 (NEW)
9%

Total votes: 32
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Slayers - What to do with them? (REVOTE)

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:49 am

While I do agree that people who say are gonna quit over a balance change sucks, at the moment there is a problem with them regardless of how we look at it. People don't like changes anyways when it's a negative thing.

Also halving their armor pretty much halves their absorb rate too, not just passive. They'll most likely take an extra 50-200 damage depending on RNG of it. But it's nothing that makes a big change on its own.

Deleting slayers not gonna happen though, that's equally as goofy. You guys really are playing both sides here. 8)

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:13 am

fact is the multiplier can be nerfed all the way to 2.0 and the class is still bursting damage (250-320 almost 400 with buffs)

the hit rate mechanics of 2 attacks means a slayer sees double the 0 damage rounds, but 8-16x as many perfect rounds. i already know this is true, i kill people on a brig that has 10 strength and hits 300 buffed. yes 550-600 damage rounds with 10 str and not even a slayer. its easier than my chanter because the chanter cant hit any ninjas or support on the enemy side.

do i honestly have to make a 10 str slayer and kill with it while using a shield to?
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:52 am

/hide keeps slayers from taking damage unless you got someone with high int ContantLY searching.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:10 pm

but that doesnt matter if your team has copious heals to. search prevents double hiding atm and if u coordinate, you could round a slayer but odds are against it when heals are in play. would be nice if a chanter or priest could time searches and break the instant hide bs that happens over and over and over.

i mean search breaks alot of cowards because they refuse to not hide on last stam. so searching them out means they will only bs once the next round. not sure if many people even search much until its trying to drop that last hider or 2. if search could be used to break the hide before bs was attempted, slayers would have to go more reckless with their attacks or their team will start losing.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Zarkral

Postby Zarkral » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:13 pm

I'm personally in favour of a combination of #1 penalty when slayers are successfully searched and #4 a delay after hide before a backstab can be made, but let #4 delay be based on number of people in the room, similar to how the hide fail chance suggestion affected slayers.

#4 delay don't need to be more than 0.2 second for 1v1 just so it breaks the queueing (which performs an action every 0.125 second, depending on server load). Then #4 delay should scale as the number of people in the room increases, so if there is 12 people in the room the delay could be 4 seconds, reflecting the fact it is harder to hide with more people in the room and the giving the party a chance to search them out.
Aka. Ackermann - Script/Build/Event.

ajcapone

Postby ajcapone » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:09 pm

So if they drop them to cloth armor what happens to the top end medium armor I have on 7 slayers? I just get fucked? The problem isn't slayers and its annoying that its constantly brought up, add some stuff to the other classes or something but you've nerfed slayers before and to continuously do it makes it stupid.

ajcapone

Postby ajcapone » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:11 pm

The problem is we need to make the other classes more fun and enjoyable instead of making one of the most fun classes less fun. This is an ass backwards solution

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:56 pm

ajcapone wrote:So if they drop them to cloth armor what happens to the top end medium armor I have on 7 slayers? I just get fucked? The problem isn't slayers and its annoying that its constantly brought up, add some stuff to the other classes or something but you've nerfed slayers before and to continuously do it makes it stupid.

Last time this happened: Your stuff gets replaced with new tier gear AND you get to keep your old gear so pretty much a win.

Edit since I’m just assuming it will happen like last time.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:21 am

Anyways thanks for the replies now. We are going to try to leave their damage this time so you can all stop fussing.

If armor is changed you will get identical rare armor you have on in you telegram box. Your current armor will also be unsb for free.

The armor will be one time given. Aka you won’t see it anywhere else and is some neato name. Just make sure you have armor equipped.

I can’t really change people’s mind and I don’t want to keep explaining why having several classes with rounding power is a terrible idea. Many people have expressed they would quit over a damage everywhere so right now we will leave that part. But honestly I think most compaints from new players who quit have been because of a certain class that rounds them etc. I can only do so much myself and literally things like raising hp or raising everyone’s damage is a crazy idea for one classes problem. I totally understand more skills but that’s really on that. It’s a shame because I think my lack of just doing what needs to be done will end up killing the game. Who knows? I hope it is not the case anyways.

Ah well. We are done here 8) Locking topic.

Return to “Archive Chat”