Amulets - What amulet type is best? (Revote)

What option is best?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Option #1
8%
Option #2
8%
Option #3
8%
Option #4
67%
Option #5
8%

Total votes: 12
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Amulets - What amulet type is best? (Revote)

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:28 am

We were discussing amulets the other day and we kind of talked about the amulets and potential balance issues etc. I wanted to throw this up for a quick vote and see what people like the most, if any. Obviously we added .1 and .2 amulets, they don't do much, they really aren't meant to, it was mostly to 'start' and test how they fair. There is some minor problems with the charge system but that will be addressed though soon.

1. First the original idea. Adding +1 and +0.5 amulets. There is not much to this, you just add them in game like the current amulets and done. There will probably be means for getting them all via gold eventually, though will be steep.
2. Amulets that are like 1. but also give a weakness. I.E. a STR amulet that gives 1 str, but -1 end.
3. Adding 'active' amulets. For example, we bring in amulets that give a passive 0.2 to any of your stat. When you ACTIVATE the amulet, you will get another 0.8 of that stat for X minutes/seconds. It can only be used Y times a day as well. This can be discussed more for the times per day and X minutes/seconds if people like it. This means amulets would be more of an active thing to give you bonuses in certain PVP fights that can give you an extra short boost, without being so op.
4. Adding class specific amulets. This would mean that amulets could be tweaked. For example, you can have two amulets per class. Let's say for Knights, you can have a 'Defensive Amulet' that gives 0.5 END/0.5 CHAR. And then another Knight amulet that is a 'Power Amulet' that gives 1 STR only (or something entirely different!)
5. Don't add anything. :(

Once we figure out what is best we can go more in depth. I'm trying to cut the clatter of 1000 different ideas and make it so we pick ONE idea and then go from there. Our discusses have been a little erratic lately so I think this is might be better to get everyone to focus on X idea instead.

JadeFalcon

Amulets

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:57 am

Seeing NH poll, and because i dont think we ever had actually a discussion about stat amulets (Sorry NH!)...
Current proposals are:

1. First the original idea. Adding +1 and +0.5 amulets. There is not much to this, you just add them in game like the current amulets and done. There will probably be means for getting them all via gold eventually, though will be steep.
2. Amulets that are like 1. but also give a weakness. I.E. a STR amulet that gives 1 str, but -1 end.
3. Adding 'active' amulets. For example, we bring in amulets that give a passive 0.2 to any of your stat. When you ACTIVATE the amulet, you will get another 0.8 of that stat for X minutes/seconds. It can only be used Y times a day as well. This can be discussed more for the times per day and X minutes/seconds if people like it. This means amulets would be more of an active thing to give you bonuses in certain PVP fights that can give you an extra short boost, without being so op.
4. Adding class specific amulets. This would mean that amulets could be tweaked. For example, you can have two amulets per class. Let's say for Knights, you can have a 'Defensive Amulet' that gives 0.5 END/0.5 CHAR. And then another Knight amulet that is a 'Power Amulet' that gives 1 STR only (or something entirely different!) If you feel that amulets are too 'op' you can also make amulets give a bonus and a weakness, (aka +0.5 agi/+0.5 str/-1 end) though again this can be discussed once we sort out what people like the most.
5. Don't add anything. :(

I still think option 1 is the best, its simple and gives something to aim for - assuming a very steep price either in gold or PP.

Option 2 seems like something i'd consider - but thing is, it would have to cost alot less than option 1.

Option 3 seems useless to me. It is just one more macro to activate - unless you make the duration very short, but then it will have to cost alot less.

Option 4 seems grand, because you could toy a lot with this. I dont think it should necessarily add a weakness, but perhaps give each class a choice of different skills (ex. for Cavaliers, 1 amulet that gives +30ac, another that gives +1agi, another that doubles Bash chances and damage). Again price is something to be factored in.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Amulets

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:05 am

The discussion didn't happen here but most of the options are from the discussion.

I was trying to avoid making a post until we know what one we like the most, then talk about that specific option. I find we go way off-topic alot of the times and alot of people end up not bother posting, it ends up being only a couple people who post because a lot of people feel they get over ridden/stomped by off-topic banter; it's a reason why people stopped posting on the boards unfortunately. Ah well. :P

Well since it's actually here now, Option 4 is probably my bet. It would prevent certain classes being so over powered, like slayers, because you really don't want slayers having even more STR.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:10 am

I actually changed my vote from 1) to 4) after i wrote this post.
I think it would much more interesting, and add a lot more diversity to the game if we could have 3 cavaliers (for example) all sporting different abilities from their amulets.
I also agree its a lot easier to manage amulets in order to give abilities that are interesting, without being OP.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 am

JadeFalcon wrote:I actually changed my vote from 1) to 4) after i wrote this post.
I think it would much more interesting, and add a lot more diversity to the game if we could have 3 cavaliers (for example) all sporting different abilities from their amulets.
I also agree its a lot easier to manage amulets in order to give abilities that are interesting, without being OP.

P.S. I did unlock the method to change your votes now too so that's a thing, and yeah I agree too.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks for making the post. With just the poll people may read it without thinking it through all the way. I like being able to speculate somewhat because it makes people think about the answers. Plus, the very act of writing out a response sometimes can make people realize some point they hadn't thought of earlier.

1) Quick, simple, and easy... but we can do better.
2) Better than 1 when you consider balance but then the overall WOW effect of an amulet is dropped.
3) Please no. This reminds me of the pvp trinkets in Warcraft.
4) Complex. The major issue with be in equality of effectiveness between classes. I would hate for someone to come up with an amulet that gave slayers an extra .5 to their backstab multiplier. Possiblities with this are greater but it will require the most work.
5) only if it will throw off game play or overwhelm part of the player base

I've seen all the options on other games. In all cases they "worked" at least to the point that people adapted their game play to account for the item in a positive way.

oohh.... gave me an idea while thinking about other games
If you look like prey you will be eaten

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:45 pm

I merged the post and it deleted the poll, thx PHPBB.

Anyways I will readd the poll in a little bit, I got some other options later.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Amulets - What amulet type is best? (Revote)

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Polls up again, sorry guys.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 am

doesnt allow multivoting.

i think 1 2 and 4 should be added.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:07 am

Looks like it’s option 8 now you guys get to decide what’s balanced and best for each class. :popcorn:

Also make the names too let’s player source this. ;)

Return to “Archive Chat”