Amulets - What amulet type is best? (Revote)

What option is best?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Option #1
8%
Option #2
8%
Option #3
8%
Option #4
67%
Option #5
8%

Total votes: 12
daedroth

Re: Amulets - What amulet type is best? (Revote)

Postby daedroth » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:25 am

Terron wrote:doesnt allow multivoting.

i think 1 2 and 4 should be added.

I second this, options are good. Variety is the spice of life or soemthing.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 am

i like that option, but with the examples given it just doesnt fit as a class only, seeing as every class would just about use the same amulets. it would just get horrible with sorting gear if they were boss drops later on. i would see class only amulets giving specific bonuses to the class and stat manipulation aswell.

for instance you kill an oad and he drops an amulet. the amulet is a purple called amulet thats it. once activated(person wins random or whatever can activate) it rolls a specific set of abilities randomly for the class its activated on. so say i use a brig to "identify" this amulet.
the amulet gets 1 thief enhancing bonus and 1 stat enhancement on it.

i.e deft amulet of power. the deft enhancement allows stealing easier by 3% and gold stolen increased by 8% the power enchantment adds +1 str.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:07 am

Just to clarify:

We are talking about PP bought amulets, right?
I assume 600pp amulets? Just asking because Pids mentioned OAD drops

This is important because obviously price will dictate how powerful stuff is.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:12 am

We may add other ones but IMO we are doing one at a time. Having differences is cool but one at a time is fine.

I'm not sure the price of them now, 600PP was for the 1 stat items but it may be different now, or the same. Depends how much they give/etc.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:48 am

i mean a non penalty +1 stat amulet should be high pp cost.

the offsetting penalty amulets could easily be oad drops. or even normal monster drops (similar to embers) and just have varying degrees of power. i.e lvl 15+ monsters can drop a white amulet and it gives +.1 str and -.1 agi. the stat mods can be random which would give a reason to farm. and these amulets could have generic names as in all white amulets are just called opaline amulet or something. then it just works varying degrees up until a purple amulet which is oad. maybe have these cap out at .5 and a -.5 penalty. 1 would seem excessive seeing you could farm until u get a +1 str -1 int amulet and would basically be worth 600pp.

another option is to just save the "class only" amulets as the oad specific drops and keep then more powerful amulets in this category.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 am

I mean let’s have some insight here and look ahead to what the classes will want huh?

Most melee will want +1 str
A few melee might want +1 agi
Most casters will want +1 int

Druids will want +1 wis but that’s not happening too op which is why we are even suggesting class amulets. I guess what I’m getting at is we are going to have 20+ ammys and they are basically going to do close to the same thing but have diff names and won’t be interchangeable between characters unless it’s the same class. To me I don’t see the appeal to class specific but I’m happy to make 8 or so str ammy with a diff name and 4 int ammy with a diff name and so on.

Seems like a lot more complication for the players & builds for what benefit? To keep druids from having a wis ammy and maybe slayers from getting a str ammy?

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:57 am

Lateralus wrote:Seems like a lot more complication for the players & builds for what benefit? To keep druids from having a wis ammy and maybe slayers from getting a str ammy?

That is a very good argument. Class ammy is a great idea but with what level bonus? Is it worth the work and effort Staff will have to throw into the creation and balance of the items? Is the end result of class ammys going to make enough of an impact to make it compare to a straight +1 to a stat?

Would a Cav amulet that gives 10% damage bonus to shield bash damage be a good idea? How about a Slayer amulet that gives them an effective +2 Int on searches to be not found? Zerkers with an amulet that gives a 10% bonus to rage buildup? Chanter ammy that gives an extra 5% to pierce magic resistance? Will these bonuses be considered equal or will a this just start a rush of people claiming their favorite class was shafted?
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Kruell wrote:
Lateralus wrote:Seems like a lot more complication for the players & builds for what benefit? To keep druids from having a wis ammy and maybe slayers from getting a str ammy?

That is a very good argument. Class ammy is a great idea but with what level bonus? Is it worth the work and effort Staff will have to throw into the creation and balance of the items? Is the end result of class ammys going to make enough of an impact to make it compare to a straight +1 to a stat?

Would a Cav amulet that gives 10% damage bonus to shield bash damage be a good idea? How about a Slayer amulet that gives them an effective +2 Int on searches to be not found? Zerkers with an amulet that gives a 10% bonus to rage buildup? Chanter ammy that gives an extra 5% to pierce magic resistance? Will these bonuses be considered equal or will a this just start a rush of people claiming their favorite class was shafted?

If it were going to skills it would be one thing but these class ammys we are talking about are just stats as far as I know.

Let’s see
Zerk 1 str, 1 agi
Monk 1 str, 1agi
Knight 1 str, maybe .5 end .5 Chr? Or 1 agi (why should they be limited to just 2 when they use more than two stats so another problem)
Ranger 1 str 1 agi or 1 chr (again why limited?)
Sorc 1 int, 1 wis? Or 1 end (limited)
Necro 1int, 1wis 1 end

As you can see lots of repeats and the classes that do use more than 2 main stats are going to get screwed by ya choosing what we think is best if we only do 2 ammy per class. And if we do more than two we are going to end up with 30 some amulets that really just complicates a problem that does not need to be there.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Lateralus wrote:If it were going to skills it would be one thing but these class ammys we are talking about are just stats as far as I know.

Why would we have class specific amulets that just changes stats? You are 100% right that making them stat specific to class means that the primary stat is what people will need boosted with a few people going for their secondary. Unless there is a desire to change amulets to affect skills and abilities then class specific amulets are a waste of time.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Kruell wrote:
Lateralus wrote:If it were going to skills it would be one thing but these class ammys we are talking about are just stats as far as I know.

Why would we have class specific amulets that just changes stats? You are 100% right that making them stat specific to class means that the primary stat is what people will need boosted with a few people going for their secondary. Unless there is a desire to change amulets to affect skills and abilities then class specific amulets are a waste of time.

The idea was to stop druids from using wis ammys. Which can be solved by making a mr/mp ammy that has the same values as what a wis ammy would with giving druids a boost and stopping slayers from having 26 str which adds about 40 damage to bs stops (if we are merging slayer damage anyways is a null point).

That’s the only reason they were suggested. As you pointed out before it opens up a whole other balance issue when we are deciding what classes get what stats or even worse what bonuses rather than a simple stat.

Return to “Archive Chat”