Armor discussion

Terron

Re: Armor discussion

Postby Terron » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 pm

you act like armor saves you lol

monks dont have high armor, they dont die in seconds. dodging is just more important than armor.

this is like saying the guy hit me for "10 attacks in a row for 200 each" and somehow if i was in heavy armor instead, and got hit for 10 attacks in a row for 197s youd have survived.

time to get real people.

RNG luck trumps both armor and agility

end of story.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:17 am

Armor on certain classes actually often lets them survive a lot longer, but depends on the type and whatnot. While it's not a guarantee as it's RNG as well, Paladins for example have around 45% absorb and 15% deflect. That means at least more than half of the fight they're absorbing/deflecting on average 35%-40% probably. Most of the attacks for survivability have nothing to do with passive armor though, only active.

It wouldn't help them though, cause a class that doesn't deal damage means it's just prolonged more than anything, though they need some modifications, the main purpose is being a wall rather than DPS. I kinda guarantee if you threw heavy armor on lets say cleric and toss em a shield, they'd take way more damage. When I was testing no armor to armor on saurians, it made their survivability a lot larger.

Monks right now have +2 ag on dodgei/+1 attack which gives them a pretty advantage. Obviously the MR comes in a factor with spell defense too. I kinda see they are the jack of all trades and need a little tweaking anyways too. I dunno where you are coming in that they don't have armor, they do. Not as high as others, but wha, 0-10 points of ac from most medium armors. Armor a that point makes little difference if your fighting someone of around the same armor value, since both your survivability are extended the same. They get their AC bonus is the reason why obviously.

A problem though with most classes and not seeing the 'difference' is because alot of them seem to end up at 80+ armor, so even though the necromancer, sorc, etc has cloth armor, you pretty much give them a heavy boost by SS and then armor types don't matter for the most case. I'm no saying certain classes don't need it. but we can probably should split armor more.

In terms of Barbarians having heavy instead of medium, it's another 10-15% of absorb chance. It wouldn't hugely affect their outcome, just make them slightly harder to kill.

Barbarians only have 1.25 AGI less dodge, not 0%, and it's not a % modifier either, it's literally removing -1.25 AGI. If they are dying, AGI is the slight issue but it's not the main. I think most people base this off word of mouth that they don't dodge worth crap, but I'm just laying down the facts here. Sure if you had a HO another -1.25 would hurt more than lets say, a LING, but it probably not the soul problem then on them.

Perhaps its just me, but it just seems "weird" that they should have heavier armor... i mean they are supposed to be crazy murderers without much finesse.. running around in rags, but hey, killing alot.

I mean, yee say this but then are against things like slayers in cloth armor. If we're gonna be 'lorey' then people who move in the shadows don't use armor, they want the most fitness/non clunky/no sound. So if we're going to start bringing in lore reasons now to me it's weird that slayers have medium armor. ;) But I try to avoid thinking that way too, we're playing a fantasy game after all. I've seen barbarian types with heavy armor, i've seen them with no armor. I've also seen battle priests who wear heavy gear like knights, etc. There's a bunch of options anyways and I don't think we should be tied to 'what looks right' otherwise half our classes have problems.

I dunno what is the deal of having more classes that round people, no offense. I think it makes the game really boring, you can't balance anything in team combat like that either.

Anyways, if we want armor values to matter more, we probably need to stop trying to make everyones armor the same in the end with AC increases per class, AC spell buffs, etc.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:58 am

well assassin isnt a class its a job. and japanese assassins often wore the same brigadine as the people they killed. you dont think an orc assassin wouldnt be a huge beast in heavy armor that splits their targets head in half with a battle axe. the problem is daggers are lightsabres on this game because of huge multipliers. the multiplier could be 2.0 and the class would still be burst damage. and still have a far easier time in group getting kills the way the game mechanics work.

i can fully say armor isnt much impact because i have joined events and won naked..
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:29 am

I kind of picture them like this. More scrawny but still generally built.

Also nice wins then but I didn’t say it couldn’t happen either. But in game tests heavy armor ups your general to die from 8 attacks to 13-15 attacks with a class of moderate HP but those tests were done before hp changes. Should still be relevant though. Thats an average and not always obv. Regardless the base absorb alone of 42-45% with heavy armor alone will at least do that much and absorb 20% to 50% each time.

Also

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:52 am

What makes the game boring is having one class that can round people with no counter to it.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:21 am

Rodeo wrote:What makes the game boring is having one class that can round people with no counter to it.

COUNTER TYME.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Tell me Moar! Tell me moar! Tell me moar!

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Ok barbs can wear heavy. Just seemed wierd cause I pictured them as wild human creatures running around uncivilized

We do need to break up the armor classes just so all classes are kinda even distribution and not 6 classes relying on a single armor

Return to “Archive Chat”