Guilds Redux

daedroth

Re: Guilds Redux

Postby daedroth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:45 am

anthriel wrote:...
The irony is that your arguments are generally all ones I’ve had thrown at me before by Silh players defending their right to dominate in the past. The current incarnation of vocal criers are unhappy cos they get dominated. And most of these are newer players who joined after the era of Silh dominting the game via numbers (I’m guessing most old Silh are either now awol or won’t cry cos it would be hypocritical for them to do so after telling other ppl to essentially “man up, cupcakes” for so long while Silh were the most numerous)

Always the dominated by numbers thing. I honestly can't remember when Silh dominated through numbers. At best the odds (player count) were even, I think it more depended on what time it was, but you say potato and I'll say potato (this expression doesn't work so well in text format eh) :D. Only NH could MAYBE verify this either way but why would he bother? I know I wouldn't.

Oh hey! Does the fact that Silh is getting "dominated" through force of numbers mean that you will start to help them with OADs as you did when the other clan was "dominated" by numbers (because I think that was the reason you stated for helping them)? :popcorn:

Anyways, answer on a post card.
Last edited by daedroth on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:58 am

Anyway (again), the intrinsic problem is not clans it is people, I will leave it at that though (since it is not really helpful).
The recent (and promised) changes, crafting, OAD randomness, roaming special creatures, daillies etc should make it so that even if a clan has a higher numerical advantage it shouldn't matter too much, because there are other things to do to build up a character.
So hopefully that will help out, along with the new content teasing.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:01 am

silhs numbers dominated when defiance split and fell. except the number situation with even defiance was peaking at 18v12. then afterword was more like 7v11v12 and silh won everything because the other 2 prime groups didnt like each other. that didnt last lol. silh at this time would get almost 20 people on weekends and could barely fill a party on weekdays.

as ive said this isnt a numbers issue. its the fact that almost every active player is 1 guild, and all weekend casuals in the other. doesnt appear to be a guild problem to me. just no incentive to branch off and forge a destiny.

maybe email each acct and get info as to why they dont log on anymore?
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:14 am

How bout, good vs evil or nation 1 vs nation 2 AND guilds.
Team 1 global chat
Team 2 global chat (team 1 and team 2 could use the same key command except the text goes to the relevant global).
and Global chat
Guild Chat as normal.

PS. Could there be an alternative for the global chat?:
/ch1
/global
/#
/1 is what I use for an alias dammit!
I love sheep.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Terron wrote:sickness does shit to a healer, they heal 7 damage less, get hit 2.25% more. this is the integral problem to zombies. if a dpser dies he gets worse if a healer dies it doesn't.

Editing my response:
Just tested this. Healers decay already at a rate equal to other classes. Aid of 222 drops to 132 (max) after 5 deaths. Seems to be about a 40% drop after 5 deaths. Seems equal to my damage output. Apologies that I relied on another's numbers instead of testing myself. Paralyze while walking seems same too. Healers suffer the same as dps due to sickness.

Terron wrote:as ive said this isnt a numbers issue. its the fact that almost every active player is 1 guild, and all weekend casuals in the other. doesnt appear to be a guild problem to me. just no incentive to branch off and forge a destiny.

That's a content issue. I agree it's a problem but it can be fixed. There are a lot of good ideas from players for alternatives to what we already have in game. We just need the people and time to impliment them. Believe it or not, it is actually hard and time consuming work to put something new in game. We don't have an "autobuilder" and creating 5 different descriptions for a basic guard can be mind numbing.
daedroth wrote:The paragon system:
Sorta my good vs evil idea. Good/evil areas/creatures/oads restricted for the appropriate alignment (basically whichever one you have most paragon points in).
Although wasn't the paragon system changed to a single points thingy?
Anyway, if you gain too much points of either good or evil you could end up becoming unable to do either. This would make you actually choose a side. As in, if you get 100 good points, you can no longer do evil oads/quests, get 100 of good and evil and you can do neither.

Maybe at the meta quest level this will be a thing. It is actually a good idea. In Alura we had three things that defined a character and influenced how NPCs interacted with them; race, divinity, and "season". Players got to choose the first two, the last was a hidden stat randomly assigned on character creation. This allowed us to have cities where people of only one race could go without the guards attacking them. Also other races could "raid" a city and players would have to choose to either defend or switch characters and join the raid. It also allowed for bosses who were "friendly" with certain players so those players ended up being on the side of the NPC. Similar things are already going into Ember, so maybe we can make quest monsters or even bosses who become race or div specific.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:28 am

We do need more builders anyways for the content part. Scripters too.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:55 pm

healers still heal 4/4 when sick. dps hit nothing lol. this is typically what is happening you die u come back, u die again u come back on healer and join the other 10 healers.

as it stands i could have 5 staff members in party and round 2 people a round and after 15 minutes there will still be 14+ zombies(mostly healers) there zerging the boss(es). need lockouts especially before we have armies of small guilds everywhere doing zombie wars.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Miach

Postby Miach » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Zombie Wars sounds like a great event title.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:57 pm

Miach wrote:Zombie Wars sounds like a great event title.

Ohh! Event idea! (runs away to figure out if it will work)
If you look like prey you will be eaten

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:20 am

Eh... you guys thinking of an event like:
Teams: Each team has to defend against increasing waves of enemy (same enemies and amount off course)?
Longest living team wins, maybe in a draw, most enemies killed?
Not too bad an idea.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”