PK system and XP

Hollow

Re: PK system and XP

Postby Hollow » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:04 am

I was surprised to see XP loss was removed, I think it's important because leveling outside of arenas is better EXP but you aren't safe. It brings a certain risk.

I also enjoy the sickness system, it actually helps teamfights between clans over oads/keys decide a winner for the spoils. 25ers can't keep dying and running back into team battles and I love it.

But if you combine XP Loss with getting killed 10x in an hour than that maybe too much. I do like the timer idea but an hour is far too long and that would discourage PKing. We don't want to discourage PKing and teamfighting, we just want to make a window for the person leveling to maybe catch their breath, find a new area and get some EXP.

Maybe, an alternate route is to make leveling in arenas more fruitful so that when someone is getting destroyed, they can relax and grind some EXP in the arena. It wouldn't be as good but the current random monster system would need adjustment. I remember Donas Dobhar from RoK was always a hot spot and people would grind in the arenas to stay safe and gained XP and gold at a decent rate. I wouldn't say make it an extremely effective way to level but at least make it more appealing than hoping your next pull is a decent monster that you have div on.

It's a tough decision because on one hand, I like the challenge of overcoming PKers and persevering but on the other hand being camped in 3 different leveling spots for an hour isn't fun ever for the person being camped. Ultimately, it's up to the player as everyoner has different expectations for the game. Some people just like to level weird alts, some like to get 25ers and event, some like to get oad keys and form parties to gain more items, AND THEN some like to just run around pking which doesn't really help you in any of the three areas I just mentioned. Do some people really need to be told when to chill with the player killing? If you're over the age of 15, then you know right from wrong and you definitely know when too much is too much.

If the answer is yes, then I think having a timer where a certain player is immune to being PK'd for X amount of time after dying to another player outside of a duel is probably the best way to go, but maybe just give some people a chance to do the right thing, then if it's still an issue, handle up.

Edit: woulda replied sooner but i've gotta level g2g

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 am

Very nice so far guys, I like the comments here. We'll see what we can do and I'll see what the best option is. It's hard to see what everyone will be 100% happy with but it does look like something should change.

When it comes to arena XP as well, what is a fair amount? It is currently 25% less experience in arenas, It was originally a lot lower, and obviously people leveled there and no one went outside when they realized because it was faster to kill one mob constantly and take the XP loss rather then go outside and have to move around and sometimes have 0 spawns outside when you kill super fast in a group of 5.

Should it be 15% perhaps? 10%? 20%? Maybe it could be based on how much kills in an arena per day? I.E You start off with 100% XP, but each mob you/your group kills in an arena drops the XP by 0.25% and then has a cap of 20%. Meaning you could go there to 'cool off' if a PKer is active for 20-30 minutes and then move out again without experiencing too much loss for that day.

Granted that could be slightly abusable if one person always takes the kill so it might have to be based on something else, but you get the drift.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:06 pm

as long as the gold is basically nothing and drop rates halved(null on special items) then arenas can be whatever exp. even 100% doesnt really matter. i just put almost 300m on a squire in under 7 hrs (and didnt choose the best div). i dont thing pking or exp rates matter, theres just no way you can get killed enough to not gain exp if you try. hit all the quests and stay killing. (ignore bitryn that place needs quest work)
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:24 pm

I don't know if brought up before but what about exp from killing players?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:13 am

High infamy could be er cost to buy things.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:27 am

Still think a pkers mask would be kewl, then makes pkwas identify be anonymous, have to wait till removed before entering a town, can add other interning effects that way, quest based so in order to gain the mask, ine muse kill a player for proof of killers mask.

Anonymous, so person identify us unknown

Penalty from the gods, you are unholy in killing a player. Must wait till the gods are back in your favor.

This way, no one knows who did it, other have chance to attack later.

Quest to add flavor, adds to pking in the game

Insert various other ideas

Ya i typoed a lot. It's late and tired.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Styx wrote:... have to wait till removed before entering a town...

We'd have to add in bypasses for the towns you have to go THROUGH though. Would suck to be stuck in Kakagi/Snailmint with no way to go to other areas. Almost as bad as being stuck in Karnath/Ant Hill
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:07 am

if u arent supposed to kill people there wouldnt be slayers ingame just pacifists and carebears. grow up, get out there and kill monsters. aw wait...u cant kill monsters thats horrible...log a carebear.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lorelle

Postby Lorelle » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:44 am

Seriously why is this even a thread?
Do you guys not remember the days being too scared to leave FM worried hammar blackblade wouldnone shot you?
Or more relivant Tyrargo hunting you across the map?
Come on PK is part of every good game, all you F1 macro bashers need to harden up. Bring back experience loss for deaths too

S0mveraa

Postby S0mveraa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Thought this was a place where we were supposed to throw out ideas, not blast people uselessly....en masse.

Return to “Archive Chat”