Shortcut for spells/skills

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Shortcut for spells/skills

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:55 am

As I am currently working on a few things, I realized that some spells/skills can be a pain in the ass to write out, but the name themselves are OK, faeriefire for example. I know aliases exist, but to try to help the new player out we should not need them to use it.

I created a system to allow one shortcut per spell/skill, but I'm interested to know what spells require them. For example, faeriefire could be ff. so c ff (name).

In game it will look something like this:

qol.png
qol.png (36.64 KiB) Viewed 5036 times

Basic spells that are always used or skills could be super short. /s for /steal, /t for taunt, r for ray, etc.

What I'm looking for is someone to make a list to optimize this per spell for me.

I'm not sure what we can do for two spells, like beam and blast. I assume we'd pick the most used one (blast) for 'c b (target)' and then beam could be 'e' (second letter in beam so 'c e (target)')

Hollow

Re: Shortcut for spells/skills

Postby Hollow » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:05 am

aegis = c ae
c heal to heal self or specify a target to heal target
not too many classes I find have annoying spells except knights, they have /strike and /smash then specify target so you have to set 3 macros if you want to strike, smash, and attack a target regularly. maybe change smash to bash so we can just type /s (target) or /b (target) to make life simpler?

I'd also like to suggest maybe shift+f1-f4 or ctrl+f1-f4 so we can have more macros closer to the left side of keyboard. I rarely use macros f6-f12 and it's rather annoying setting new macros for every mob/area

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 am

how about letting the player set spell priority themselves. and they can set all the spells as c 1 name , c 2 name etc. ?

as far as macros. we just need more pages of macros. so we can swap through different sets of pre-existing macros. /macroset 1-5. make it so on login u always start at set 1.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:04 pm

He is working on a new client which may have this functionality. The idea here is to impliment this without a client update (which may take some time depending on how cooperative the code structure is). The same would go with some other issues which would make macro+mouse cooperation possible. We are just looking for a way to speed things up for people and make it a better gaming experience. For those who play enchanters, for example, it's a pain in the but to type out "c stoneskin xxx" for each party member during oads. I have it on a wand but it still would be nice to shorten it for speed.

So...
Stoneskin = ss
Wither = w
If you look like prey you will be eaten

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Yeah, I will add page macros to the new client for sure. That should be fairly doable anyways and I'll think about extras like CTRL/ALT+Fkeys.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 pm

alt f4 oops

thats a good deal. new client would be top notch/
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”