Zerker damage

Folder

Re: Zerker damage

Postby Folder » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Probably easiest for NH if you just obtain min/max by hitting dummies. But he already knows what the values will be with oad weapons anyways, ya?
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:09 pm

I could see raising the damage to 50% if there was a limit to how many flurries you do. Right now flurries last forever. It's 30% bonus while raging and it only takes two attacks instead of three to get into it. A roundhouse kick may do around similar damage, but not regular damage for sure. No way a monk would be similar on damage though if they hit the same amount of times.

I.E. You can flurry 3 times at a time in a row before flurry stops, but at 50% damage.

That would probably put their flurries around 300 damage rather then about 260, and the lowest damage should be higher regardless than the highest regular damage. Cause 30% might not be enough when you flux between your max attack vs your lowest rage attack. But to me swords themselves are fine they way they are.

i.e. if you have 160-210 damage.

160*1.3 = 208 damage

So your lowest rage would be lower then the highest damage. At 50%, it would cover that better, but again, having infinity rages wouldn't be good. There needs to be a limit if we raise it further.

Theres no way to really modify the min/max when attacking easily, so that's not going to be done either.

If there was a limit, the agi loss per rage could be removed too.

Trento

Postby Trento » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:40 am

NiteHawk wrote:I could see raising the damage to 50% if there was a limit to how many flurries you do. Right now flurries last forever. It's 30% bonus while raging and it only takes two attacks instead of three to get into it. A roundhouse kick may do around similar damage, but not regular damage for sure. No way a monk would be similar on damage though if they hit the same amount of times.

I.E. You can flurry 3 times at a time in a row before flurry stops, but at 50% damage.

That would probably put their flurries around 300 damage rather then about 260, and the lowest damage should be higher regardless than the highest regular damage. Cause 30% might not be enough when you flux between your max attack vs your lowest rage attack. But to me swords themselves are fine they way they are.

160*1.3 = 208 damage

So your lowest rage would be lower then the highest damage. At 50%, it would cover that better, but again, having infinity rages wouldn't be good. There needs to be a limit if we raise it further.

Theres no way to really modify the min/max when attacking easily, so that's not going to be done either.

I think that this change - limit 3 furies, increasing its dmg bonus and removing age loss - would make barbs better.
PVE - probably
PVP - certainly
Alts
Doom - Berserker
Trento - Ninja
Corpse - Death Mage
Uruk - Assassin
Lancelot - Paladin

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:45 am

Trento wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:I could see raising the damage to 50% if there was a limit to how many flurries you do. Right now flurries last forever. It's 30% bonus while raging and it only takes two attacks instead of three to get into it. A roundhouse kick may do around similar damage, but not regular damage for sure. No way a monk would be similar on damage though if they hit the same amount of times.

160*1.3 = 208 damage

I think that this change - limit 3 furies, increasing its dmg bonus and removing age loss - would make barbs better.
PVE - probably
PVP - certainly

Yeah I'm wondering about that, would be nice if others replied about it too.

Geoffrado

Postby Geoffrado » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:16 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

Just decided to do some testing, and looks like this is now implemented.

As a H/O, nothing was noticed for the hit rate, except when I do manage to hit that miraculous 3x flurry in a row, I now suffer a damage loss if I land the next attack (because what used to be a flurry is now now).

When I post my opinions, they are based around a PvE scenario, which is what I enjoy doing most in this game. Perhaps for PvP this view would be different, as I generally don't hit people 5 times in a row.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Geoffrado wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

Just decided to do some testing, and looks like this is now implemented.

As a H/O, nothing was noticed for the hit rate, except when I do manage to hit that miraculous 3x flurry in a row, I now suffer a damage loss if I land the next attack (because what used to be a flurry is now now).

When I post my opinions, they are based around a PvE scenario, which is what I enjoy doing most in this game. Perhaps for PvP this view would be different, as I generally don't hit people 5 times in a row.

I now suffer a damage loss if I land the next attack

I don't follow.

You also were missing 10% damage to dual wield which only started working, and also you do 15% more damage than before. Before the changes it was 25%, but it's 40% bonus now, and before you didn't have the DW bonus:

Let's say you hit for 200 damage duel wielding before max and then with the flurry would be 250 damage. (25% more without the DW bonus since it never worked.)

New changes it lets take the 200 damage, add 10% DW BONUS. Now it's 220 regular damage. Each range max is now 308 damage, (40% more on top of the 10%).
Let's take 10 hits in a row which is probably one of the higher PVE amounts for both.´Hit 11 is a miss and resets you:

200, 200, 250, 250, 250, 250, 250, 250, 250, 250 = 2400 Damage with old formula.

New formula

220, 220, 308, 308, 308, 220, 220, 308, 308, 308 = 2728 Damage with new formula... 5 attacks would also still be higher than 5 attacks of the original formula.

Your overall damage regardless is higher. However, it's more useful in PVP because of the higher damage too overall with rages (since in PVP you will probably won't get over 3 rages if you're lucky, more like 1 or 2.). It might feel lower, but I don't think constant rage is right overall either.

Geoffrado

Postby Geoffrado » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Ah, well yes, know the formula and seeing it like that makes sense.

Thanks for the info, and the update.

Look forward to doing more dmg :)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Geoffrado wrote:Ah, well yes, know the formula and seeing it like that makes sense.

Thanks for the info, and the update.

Look forward to doing more dmg :)

Yeah sorry it might feel like it cause raging every time might feel huge but it's mostly a way to balance it out now. Zerkers I think will need looking into later, they might be OP now but we'll see. I don't think much will need adjusting though.

Geoffrado

Postby Geoffrado » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Been testing since the update, I think Zerkers are in a good point currently now (as a Half Orc)

The general damage is now balanced meaning:

When you have those rounds where its only 1/4 hits landing, and this happens a few rounds in a row, when you get that good round to flurry you can still land the next flurry which then evens out the part 2 rounds of missing.

Average damage was nearly even, so well balanced for a Half Orc.

Need some more info from classes which hit more consistently.

economist

Postby economist » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Horc, Earth div @ 25str..(yeah I didn't know untill it was too late..) VS Arcane Slave

=> A arcane slave arrived from the north.
A arcane slave attacks you with his shackle chain and misses!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword and miss!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword for 155 points of damage!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword for 211 points of damage!
A arcane slave attacks you with his shackle chain for 166 points of damage!
A arcane slave attacks you with his shackle chain for 152 points of damage!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword, but his armor absorbs half of the blow for 97 points of damage!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword for 171 points of damage!
You are too exhausted.
A arcane slave attacks you with his shackle chain for 144 points of damage!
A arcane slave attacks you with his shackle chain, but your shield deflects half of the blow for 80 points of damage!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword for 202 points of damage!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword, but his shield deflects some of the blow for 136 points of damage!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword for 187 points of damage!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword, but his armor absorbs some of the blow for 131 points of damage!
You are too exhausted.
A arcane slave attacks you with his shackle chain for 155 points of damage!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword for 155 points of damage!
You deliver a FLURRY OF BLOWS towards a arcane slave with your arcane sword and miss!
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword for 211 points of damage!
You are too exhausted.
You attack a arcane slave with your arcane sword for 194 points of damage!
A arcane slave was slain by ...........!
You gain 87 gold for killing a arcane slave (10 sent to guild treasury)!

Half my HP from killing 1 arcane slave.. Would be interesting if more people could post their logs.

1850dmg in 7 rounds, 11 hits out of 28 attacks. And of those, 1 flurry that missed.

Oh and a question; does divinity also affect my %hitrate?

Return to “Archive Chat”